Ever been addicted to a certain crop?(no drugs allowed)

GrimGandalf

Ever been addicted to a certain crop?(no drugs allowed)

Post by GrimGandalf »

Hi all. Here recently I’ve been enjoying and incredibly addicted to planting and harvesting sugar beets. I just finished a 21ha 2.5 million liter harvest of them. On normal that was a profit of about $672,000. The constant attention sugar beets need is exhilarating and non stop. This got me wondering if anyone else loves planting certain crops for some reason or another?
PS4, XBOX X & PC Video Game Farmer
erict43

Re: Ever been addicted to a certain crop?(no drugs allowed)

Post by erict43 »

I'm having a hard time finding a reason to plant anything but soybeans. They are almost always the most profitable crop without needing specialized equipment. Sugarbeets are fun, as long as you have money for the biggest trucks and trailers to haul it all away :)
Beastbubba

Post by Beastbubba »

erict43 wrote: Mon Jan 14, 2019 4:30 am I'm having a hard time finding a reason to plant anything but soybeans. They are almost always the most profitable crop without needing specialized equipment.
This but I also plant Canola, it's not as profitable as Soybeans but pretty close and gives you another crop to sell when soy prices stay bad for a long time.

Taters and Beets are just way to much work for single player, and require a lot of very expensive equipment. Wheat, Barley, and Oats I only ever plant when I need straw or oats for animals. Corn and Sunflowers aren't bad, but I don't get into them until later when I can afford the extra storage capacity, header, and larger trailers.
PC gamer.
Electsilver8

Post by Electsilver8 »

Right now I'm alternating between soybeans, sunflowers, and cotton. I've thought about sugar beets, but not sure. Does it take a while to harvest like potatoes does? What kind of attention do they require?
Cowboy5130

Post by Cowboy5130 »

My rotation is corn, wheat if I need straw(I’ll skip this if I don’t need any), beans, repeat. I’m from Indiana so that might have something to do with that rotation cycle.
Ps4 realistic gameplay;
Ravenport start-from-scratch;
Absolutely love the game!
GrimGandalf

Post by GrimGandalf »

Electsilver8 wrote: Mon Jan 14, 2019 2:30 pm Right now I'm alternating between soybeans, sunflowers, and cotton. I've thought about sugar beets, but not sure. Does it take a while to harvest like potatoes does? What kind of attention do they require?
Sugar beets do take some time yes, but the time is worth the investment. Ironically I’ve not done potatoes yet, but sugar beets beat out all other crops in value when equally planted against them in the same field. Atleast by my opinion. I do not recommend a big harvest with them to start. Maybe just one field, and use the train as much as possible especially on Felsbrunn. It helps out a lot.
rptr777

Post by rptr777 »

With the the new crop cotton added that is my addiction right now I'm trying to make half my map cotton and the other half other crops to keep me a little busy while the cotton regrows.
dunnjob

Post by dunnjob »

Hay and silage bales. I really enjoy the process. Most of my farms end up with HUGE dairy and sheep operations to justify my compulsion for baling hay. Silage bales were SOOOO profitable in FS17 that is was hard not to do them. I might be having withdrawals since they aren't as profitable in FS19.
We are all ignorant, we are all just ignorant about different things.

Recent convert to PC on FS19
deddycantshoot

Post by deddycantshoot »

on game release it was silage,they nefed it.now its cotton and soybeans,i did quite a bit of sugar beets and yes theres loads of money in those as well, i just get burned out on all the hauling.I will do some more when i get tired of cotton and soy.
Electsilver8

Post by Electsilver8 »

Got kinda stupid question, does cotton automatically regrow or do you have to sow everytime?
deddycantshoot

Post by deddycantshoot »

Electsilver8 wrote: Mon Jan 14, 2019 5:05 pm Got kinda stupid question, does cotton automatically regrow or do you have to sow everytime?
you must re sow.
chaskuchar1

Post by chaskuchar1 »

playing on hard, I am only doing cotton. I am on 0030 on day 6. own 11, 13 and 14. 508000 deby but 4 bales ready for a good price. think will get the trailer house to place and get some rest. playing helsbrunn. don't do no cheatintg and that makes it tough. chas

I am leasing the harvester and using only one tractor. the medium case pro with the big engine. it works pulling the 6m cultivator. chas
60 acres with center pivot. jmj
playing fs22 on pc, hard mode
Rickenbacker

Post by Rickenbacker »

I've always liked corn. It's not the most efficient crop, but it just looks so good, and feels so good to harvest. Maybe it's the color? But for money I tend to rotate canola and beans, with the occasional crop of oats for horse food and straw.

In FS19, I might have to do some cotton once I can afford the machinery. Harvesting it feels soooo satisfying!
Electsilver8

Post by Electsilver8 »

Right now I'm playing on Michigan map, I own fields 4 fields that I harvest for crop, and I own 2 fields that I combined together that I use for grass and hay for my animals over on the right side of the map, I think their 30 and 31. And I have another fields I use for my cows and 2 sheep pastors. I own 1 horse paddock for now and 5 chicken coops. I have alot of vehicles that i use for everything so i won't have to travel so much to feed everything, although i am thinking about returning some to cut down on cost. I'm loving the map, alot better than the 2 we start with. Also thinking about getting into forestry but since the prices got nerfed on the logs, I'm kinda hesitant about it.
GrimGandalf

Post by GrimGandalf »

deddycantshoot wrote: Mon Jan 14, 2019 4:45 pm on game release it was silage,they nefed it.now its cotton and soybeans,i did quite a bit of sugar beets and yes theres loads of money in those as well, i just get burned out on all the hauling.I will do some more when i get tired of cotton and soy.
The hauling is brutal sometimes. I’m hoping BSM makes that better for us in the future again. We’ll see. I loved doing silage pre patch also. I spent loads of time on Ravenport doing grass silage. Cotton is ok and makes a ton of money, but it gets boring running or waiting for the harvester to finish. I guess that’s why I love sugar beets so much - they keep me moving