Ever been addicted to a certain crop?(no drugs allowed)

Massey44

Re: Ever been addicted to a certain crop?(no drugs allowed)

Post by Massey44 »

I don't have an addiction. Instead it's more accurate to say I have an aversion to sugar beet and potatoes. I did them both as contracts and after all those hours of mind numbing boredom I swore "never again". The thing is I wouldn't mind it so much if the harvesters weren't so expensive and had a larger working width. Payout is actually good, and the yield isn't so bad to deal with if you have the larger trailers. To an extent cotton is also not a lot of fun for me, the harvester is awesome but the profit didn't seem worth the effort and the last time I used the planter it kept glitching out when using hired help and missing large sections.

In general Canola, Oat, Wheat, Barley and Soybeans only.
Leicesterlichtie

Post by Leicesterlichtie »

I'm all for having large fields full of happy sunflowers in full bloom. This was my main reasoning for upgrading from a ps3 to a ps4 when fs17 came out.

Fs15 on Ps3
Fs17 on Ps4
Fs19 on Ps4
Fs22 on Ps4
Enjoys growing sunflowers
Husqvarna TS 352

Post by Husqvarna TS 352 »

I'm loving just making hay. It's fun for some reason. Although it's all anyone does in my area in real life so it probably feels like i'm doing something I do in real life. In 17 I got addicted to soybeans. I think I ended up working over 3500 ha of soybeans (sow, fert, harvest, reapeat) in the time I played Goldcrest.
G'day
Coltar452017

Post by Coltar452017 »

Soybeans and oats
Gimli54

Post by Gimli54 »

Soybeans for sure, they’re the second cash crop for the farm I grew up around and love them ingame, with seasons I rotated canola then soybeans simply because they were the most efficient process but when seasons arrives for 19 I might try wheat or maybe oats if I decide to get horses but idk I tend to be more of just an arable farmer than animal husbandry
INSTG8R

Post by INSTG8R »

Well I was going back and forth between soy and canola but seem to be stuck on Soy at the moment. I own 13 on Felsbrunn so I throw in the odd crop of barely In it and rent a bailer and it turns decent profit on the bales and it breaks up my regular rotation.
ThePrometheus

Post by ThePrometheus »

Cheers for sticking with beets. I consider them late game crop, and I'm still far from that in FS19.

Speaking of my playthrough, I'm 100% on sunflower. Prices are +/-10% always around 1300 per 1000l on normal dificulty, so with two decent fields, I net around 60-70k per harvest (so daily).
Started the game with CaseIH 1660 and 5,7m Cappelo Helantius sunflower header, just now switched for MF Activa harvester. I don't know if 15kmph work speed was ever realistic, but boy, does that make a difference. It just blasts through a field.
PC Gamer.
quynguyen

Post by quynguyen »

GrimGandalf wrote: Mon Jan 14, 2019 12:44 am Hi all. Here recently I’ve been enjoying and incredibly addicted to planting and harvesting sugar beets. I just finished a 21ha 2.5 million liter harvest of them. On normal that was a profit of about $672,000. The constant attention sugar beets need is exhilarating and non stop. This got me wondering if anyone else loves planting certain crops for some reason or another?
Good, thanks you
BigTim

Post by BigTim »

Many times I just plant a variety of crops. Then I store it all in my silos until a top price is offered and then sell. If you sell a lot of one crop then the demand goes down which brings the price down. While my all my grain is held in the silos waiting for top dollar I will do logging or other activities to continue bringing in some money. I haven't seen great demands yet in fs19 like it was in fs17 and fs18 but I imagine they are in the game? If so wait until a great demand and really bring in the cash. If you keep a variety of grain when a great demand comes you will have that crop.
Ntw1986

Post by Ntw1986 »

I just had 3 great demands at the same time. Hay in the barn, wool at spinnery and oats at port northeast
GrimGandalf

Post by GrimGandalf »

Husqvarna TS 352 wrote: Wed Jan 16, 2019 12:27 am I'm loving just making hay. It's fun for some reason. Although it's all anyone does in my area in real life so it probably feels like i'm doing something I do in real life. In 17 I got addicted to soybeans. I think I ended up working over 3500 ha of soybeans (sow, fert, harvest, reapeat) in the time I played Goldcrest.
I’d say 3500 ha of soy would qualify as an addiction haha. I wonder if Goldcrest will make a return in 19. I’d like to play on it again.
ThePrometheus wrote: Wed Jan 16, 2019 10:19 am Cheers for sticking with beets. I consider them late game crop, and I'm still far from that in FS19.
It’s funny you mention that. The 1st time I started playing them was well after the 100 hour mark in me and my buddy’s multiplayer game. I am playing a Felsbrunn game in single player where I’m constantly leasing the beet harvester to do them. Just to do them earlier.
PS4, XBOX X & PC Video Game Farmer
kintino

Post by kintino »

I am planting potatoes and beets on the smaller plots, it will be my harvest of these crops
FarmerJeff

Post by FarmerJeff »

In FS17, I started planting every field with the same seed, then moved to a different seed the next time. The great demand function really changed with 17, now GD prices can be lower than a regular price elsewhere, and the GD price didn’t hold for an hour like before, when you ran around like crazy trying to sell as many liters as possible, remember that?
dudmuck

Post by dudmuck »

GrimGandalf wrote: Mon Jan 14, 2019 12:44 am Hi all. Here recently I’ve been enjoying and incredibly addicted to planting and harvesting sugar beets. I just finished a 21ha 2.5 million liter harvest of them. On normal that was a profit of about $672,000. The constant attention sugar beets need is exhilarating and non stop. This got me wondering if anyone else loves planting certain crops for some reason or another?
apparently the simulations are getting more realistic

and the trucks need more axels for all that weight.

Edit don_apple: fixed embedding of youtube video.
Dairydeere

Post by Dairydeere »

Corn and grass/alfalfa, which may or may not be influenced by my farming background on a dairy farm lol. I love making silage and hay, especially when it's on Diniz Farms' map edits where you get access to the MaizePlus fill types in an American environment. Silage harvester is the best type of harvester
Dairy farmer, college student, part-time modder, always looking to drive a tractor

Discord Server
Facebook page

Where should you download mods from? Try this! - A Guide to Respectful Downloads and Original Mods

Driving up a wall because my brain turned off the gravity

Happy farming!