Garage menu a pain to navigate through....

LS09God

Garage menu a pain to navigate through....

Post by LS09God »

Mighty developers of the Giants kind, I beg of you, please make it so that the garage menu has some kind of category option.
When I want to remove/sell an object from the map, I first need to scroll through a bazillion mods before finally reaching the one that I want to delete. :search:
This takes up a lot of time if you have as much mods ingame as I have. That is time I rather use for playing the game.

So, some kind of filter function or a simple category function will suffice. Also a slider for fast scrolling would be grand. *thumbsup*
Maybe something worth breaking some brain cells over. :hmm:
Specs:
ASUS ROG Strix X570-E mobo.
AMD Ryzen 5 2600 processor.
Corsair 32Gb DDR4 internal mem.
Sandisk 1Tb SSD as boot and game drive.
Samsung 1Tb hdd for general storage.
Gigabyte RTX2070 super graphics card.
Razer Naga Chroma mouse.
Logitech G27, G13. Saiteck HOTAS pro.
Razer BlackWidow Keyboard.
Fiber connection.
bossmanslim

Re: Garage menu a pain to navigate through....

Post by bossmanslim »

<3 consoles
LS09God

Post by LS09God »

bossmanslim wrote: Mon Jan 14, 2019 9:08 pm <3 consoles
What does that have to do with my post? :hmm:
Specs:
Razer Naga Chroma mouse.
Fiber connection.
bossmanslim

Post by bossmanslim »

LS09God wrote: Tue Jan 15, 2019 7:41 pm
The functionality you are requesting is not there because of UI/button restrictions due to Giants wanting to make the game basically the same on all platforms. You can thank consoles for the poor GUI and limited options.
markare

Post by markare »

bossmanslim wrote: Tue Jan 15, 2019 9:49 pm
You can thank consoles for the poor GUI and limited options.
Yep because console users hold game developers to ransom and force them to release their games on console. How can you blame consoles for anything a developer does or doesn't do. They make the choice to release games for multi platform to generate more income to enhance future games and options available to them.

Consoles are not to blame for anything. This whole console bashing mentality people have is getting beyond ridiculous now.

You choose to play with a pc or a console. That choice is yours.
You play the games available to you on your chosen platform.

And before anyone says that I'm a console fan boy or any other stupid silly remark, I choose console for the ability to play game quickly. I have a laptop and a pc that I choose not to play games on.
I use the laptop for work based tasks and use the pc for other things, mostly to enhance what I'm able to do with my console that so many people think is holding the gaming community back.
There is plenty of interaction that is capable with the console in the pause menu, the garage menu, the mod hub menu etc. So lack of combinations is another flawed comment you made.
:hi:
Scottish farming with all the n00bery
Xb1
Sometimes stream, depends how I feel
http://aatg.freeforums.net/ work in progress
Pafarmer

Post by Pafarmer »

+1
TZ441

Post by TZ441 »

yeah cause its deffently the consoles fault they couldnt add in a cursor like in the map menu on 17. i think garage navigation was kinda overlooked. its not bad but it could b better.
FS15, FS17, FS19 all on Xbox.
FS19 on PC
4th Generation Cattle rancher in South Dakota.
Beastbubba

Post by Beastbubba »

markare wrote: Wed Jan 16, 2019 3:07 am
bossmanslim wrote: Tue Jan 15, 2019 9:49 pm

You can thank consoles for the poor GUI and limited options.
1.Yep because console users hold game developers to ransom and force them to release their games on console.

2. Consoles are not to blame for anything.
1. Correct, the devs decide to make a game that works on 3 completly different systems the exact same. And noone forces them to do so...

2. Incorrect. Consoles are very limited in ability vs a PC. Developers make games to those limits to min/max profits. There are many games that could have been much better if developed with just PC in mind. And those limits could be higher, but again min/max profits causes consoles to be built subpar, they all could have been much more powerful when released...

Imo, consoles are outdated anyway. They were great back when a gaming PC cost thousands of dollars and not everyone owned multible computers. But frankly these days there is no need for them. A $500 wal-mart computer can keep up with a console and still let you stream it to your TV and play with a controller if you want... Where as a console cain't even touch a gaming rig...
PC gamer.
Aawsumfarmer

Post by Aawsumfarmer »

So agree with the navigation in the garage menu, however if you want to sell something without going through the garage menu then just take it to the repair point next to the shop and sell it from there. It will also give you 10% more money. Easy and profitable workaround :-)
D3nnisd

Post by D3nnisd »

I would very much like this. Why cant we just sort on type? Trailer, placables etc?
markare

Post by markare »

Beastbubba wrote: Wed Jan 16, 2019 5:31 am . A $500 wal-mart computer can keep up with a console and still let you stream it to your TV and play with a controller if you want... Where as a console cain't even touch a gaming rig...
I can play games, access the Internet, stream, watch TV, use apps, play dvds and chat to people with my console.
I can do all that with a pc aswell.

Consoles are outdated you say??
If consoles are so out dated why do developers release games then. Why are console manufacturers constantly developing them.

Yes they have limitations but those are put in place for easy gaming experience. Smooth transitioning between games/apps.
Granted we don't get as many mods as a pc does on console but I would much rather prefer using mods that I know have been thoroughly tested to ensure they have no malicious programming in them ( found far too often with pcs).
But as I said previously I'm not only a console user. I have a pc and a laptop but choose to play on console for the ease of it. I could play on my pc if I wanted to but I use that for every day tasks and to enhance streams when I have the chance to do it.
:hi:
Scottish farming with all the n00bery
Xb1
Sometimes stream, depends how I feel
http://aatg.freeforums.net/ work in progress
Beastbubba

Post by Beastbubba »

Aawsumfarmer wrote: Wed Jan 16, 2019 7:44 am So agree with the navigation in the garage menu, however if you want to sell something without going through the garage menu then just take it to the repair point next to the shop and sell it from there. It will also give you 10% more money. Easy and profitable workaround :-)
The only thing you should be selling from the menu is placables. It's easy enough to take equipment to the dealer to sell... If there was just a menu with placables it would help.

Also, It would be nice if you had duplicates of an object and it enter the map view for you to pick which one to sell if it would highlight said objects. Sometimes with the smaller ones, like the pressure washer, it can be difficult to find if you forgot where it was...

@markare: Don't want to continue this and get this thread locked... I stated my opinion and am leaving it there.
PC gamer.
DirtDevil

Post by DirtDevil »

Aawsumfarmer wrote: Wed Jan 16, 2019 7:44 am So agree with the navigation in the garage menu, however if you want to sell something without going through the garage menu then just take it to the repair point next to the shop and sell it from there. It will also give you 10% more money. Easy and profitable workaround :-)
Exept that I have a hard time taking my trees to the repair point, when ever I want to sell a tree I had to move etc.
I totally agree with op, having 300 trees and want to sell something cheaper than them, takes forever to scroll to.
redglasses

Post by redglasses »

There are no placable trees so you should be good. Is it just me or does UI seem to be a huge step down from fs17? Some worse then others, the mod hub is terrible, said they added a search feature, but they also added tons of extra menus for no reason.
Playing Lincoln Creek on PC
Upload your screenshots here: IMG server
My Discord
Remember there is no need to spread your manure around the forums :wink3:
Jack of all trades, master of the skid steer
LS09God

Post by LS09God »

Beastbubba wrote: Wed Jan 16, 2019 11:07 am
The only thing you should be selling from the menu is placables. It's easy enough to take equipment to the dealer to sell... If there was just a menu with placables it would help.

Also, It would be nice if you had duplicates of an object and it enter the map view for you to pick which one to sell if it would highlight said objects. Sometimes with the smaller ones, like the pressure washer, it can be difficult to find if you forgot where it was...

@markare: Don't want to continue this and get this thread locked... I stated my opinion and am leaving it there.
And I have a lot of placebles on the map, a categorized menu would make searching a lot easier. With many different sheds in various shapes and sizes, the list gets very long. But first you also have to go trough a lot of vehicle, tools and accessory mods. An option to filter is needed. :wink3:

O, and I happen to be playing on pc. That's my personal fetish. This post was not intended for the great pc vs console discussion. There are plenty other threads here and on various other fora to state your point. Thank you. :hi:
Specs:
Razer Naga Chroma mouse.
Fiber connection.