Garage menu a pain to navigate through....

sootysax

Re: Garage menu a pain to navigate through....

Post by sootysax »

LS09God wrote: Mon Jan 14, 2019 8:31 pm Mighty developers of the Giants kind, I beg of you, please make it so that the garage menu has some kind of category option.
When I want to remove/sell an object from the map, I first need to scroll through a bazillion mods before finally reaching the one that I want to delete. :search:
This takes up a lot of time if you have as much mods ingame as I have. That is time I rather use for playing the game.

So, some kind of filter function or a simple category function will suffice. Also a slider for fast scrolling would be grand. *thumbsup*
Maybe something worth breaking some brain cells over. :hmm:
Don't have so many mods ingame...
LS09God

Post by LS09God »

sootysax wrote: Fri Jan 18, 2019 7:34 pm
LS09God wrote: Mon Jan 14, 2019 8:31 pm Mighty developers of the Giants kind, I beg of you, please make it so that the garage menu has some kind of category option.
When I want to remove/sell an object from the map, I first need to scroll through a bazillion mods before finally reaching the one that I want to delete. :search:
This takes up a lot of time if you have as much mods ingame as I have. That is time I rather use for playing the game.

So, some kind of filter function or a simple category function will suffice. Also a slider for fast scrolling would be grand. *thumbsup*
Maybe something worth breaking some brain cells over. :hmm:
Don't have so many mods ingame...
As in, I should not have so many mods in game?
My rig runs a ton load of mods ingame with two fingers up his nose (Dutch expression, meaning "with little effort"). My yard has the places to put them there and in general the base game is lacking the variety I seek. So no reason not to load many mods into the game, other then the menu thingy. With a simple tweak of the menu all would be good. That tweak is a much smaller sacrifice then getting rid of the awesome mods. :geeknew:

When my gameplay is in full swing I've got like 8 tractors and all the tools/trailers you need, also a combine, forage_harvester and well,.. everything but the kitchen sink. Some tools are duplicates but sizes are different. then you got the beautiful clutter mods. Then there are more yards on my map, so they need tractors, trailers and tools to. And that way you got a lot of stuff in the game. Load times are ridiculous but that's ok. You can imagine how long the list in the garage menu has become by now... :smileynew:

Mind you, it's not only the mods, base game stuff shows in the same menu. So even without the mods I would have a lot of base game stuff loaded.
Stuff that needs scrolling trough, slowly.......
Specs:
ASUS ROG Strix X570-E mobo.
AMD Ryzen 5 2600 processor.
Corsair 32Gb DDR4 internal mem.
Sandisk 1Tb SSD as boot and game drive.
Samsung 1Tb hdd for general storage.
Gigabyte RTX2070 super graphics card.
Razer Naga Chroma mouse.
Logitech G27, G13. Saiteck HOTAS pro.
Razer BlackWidow Keyboard.
Fiber connection.
anthu

Post by anthu »

I think it is not a pc vs console theme.
The vehicle buy menü have a lot of own categories (in pc and console version)
Only in the garage there ia one long line for all.
Wy wish, it was easyer when we have 3 categories ( vehicles, tools and placeable) or so.
Lg
Andreas
Gerbrand

Post by Gerbrand »

In order to ease your pain: there is a MOD to search the shop/garage:
ShopSearch
https://www.farming-simulator.com/mod.p ... tle=fs2019
enigmqtik

Post by enigmqtik »

my goto solution to this :
1st : get a logitech mouse, with the unlockable wheel so scrolling is way easier ! :)
2nd : https://www.farming-simulator.com/mod.p ... tle=fs2019
^ this mod allows you to show mods only in garage/shop.

Cheers
AMD R9 5900x (@4.9GHz) + NHD15, 32GB DDR4 G.SKill Ripjaws 3600 CL16, Gigabyte Aorus Master 3070 OC, nVme 980Pro 1To, Seasonic 850Gold in a Corsair 900D.
T500RS, CSPV3, TH8A +SKRS Shifter, 2x T16000M.FCS, DelanClip IR tracker, SimDashBoard, Sony Bravia 42"