Help please!

Josephson21

Help please!

Post by Josephson21 »

I’m a bit of a newbie to this game so bare with me...this could be me being stupid....
So I extended and merged some fields with the plow, all went well. Spread the lime and fertiliser etc.
So then I come to seed...I hire a worker to do this while I go to feed the cats and get a drink, and on my return I realise the worker has stopped short on each run up and down the field. So I tested several times on different fields and with different tools and it does it every time. It misses out most of the ‘new’ bits of field but also random patches throughout or will just leave a big square in the middle untouched. So you try to get them to correct it and you spend ages to then end up with a smaller untouched patch.
I usually do most of the work myself but sometimes I like to use them for whatever reason while I do something else, like taking things to sell etc. however if the workers are going to do this all the time then it’s going to drive me mad!
Have I done something wrong and is there a way to stop it?! And don’t say ‘don’t use the workers’ 😂
Sorry for the long rambling post!
dunnjob

Re: Help please!

Post by dunnjob »

The AI workers in this game can be a bit special. It isn't uncommon for them to leave patches at the ends of fields, especially fields with small headlands. I generally start them and when they finish go back over the small amount that they leave. Not really a big deal once you get used to it.
We are all ignorant, we are all just ignorant about different things.

Recent convert to PC on FS19
chedly_farms

Post by chedly_farms »

I usually do two passes around the edge of the field, also called the "headlands". Once That is accomplished, I hire a worker and he/she gets the rest usually without a problem.
Currently Playing on XBoxOne : Elm Creek

-----> And "Thank You Modders" for your contributions <----
EJgaming

Post by EJgaming »

I allways do one length each side, that way I don't risk worker continue to fields next to it or anything. Then I do the ends where the worker turns around, so worker get enough space to turn around. Usually I work the uneven sides of field, so the worker only have to deal with straight sides. That will make the worker so happy, that he does a proper job.
PC
Norway
Josephson21

Post by Josephson21 »

Thanks guys! Hadn’t even thought of doing that 😂 I don’t use them that often but when I do I want to know they’re actually doing it properly! Ha.
Matt_S

Post by Matt_S »

I also go around the headland before using a worker.

But one thing I have noticed myself previously re your question... Sometimes workers struggle more the first time they work a field (IMO). If you do the field (or majority of it) yourself after creating it for the first time, you may find that the workers manage it just fine the next time they come to it.

I don't know or understand why this may be the case, perhaps it kind of re-writes the field in the game somewhere or somehow... but it has worked for me. I also found out about this by experiencing your exact same problem... but the second time on the same field I did not experience it.

Good Luck!
PoggleBox

Post by PoggleBox »

How the workers cope with a field varies with different equipment and tasks. It can also vary with the same equipment depending on the start location. 0.5m out can and does often make a lot of difference.
Platform : PC
i7 7700k@5.0 GTX1070Ti 32Gb DDR4, 500Gb M.2, 4TB across multiple SSD's, Windows 10