Helping Giants to Improve Farming Simulator 19! Things I like in FS19 / Things I dislike in FS19

GTSilverado

Re: Helping Giants to Improve Farming Simulator 19! Things I like in FS19 / Things I dislike in FS19

Post by GTSilverado »

Ok everybody this topic is for comments on likes and dislikes about game. I understand that people like to defend themselves but this is not the place. Comment about what you like or dislike about game not employees of company or other players. Please follow the rules!
Chris8393

Re: Helping Giants to Improve Farming Simulator 19! Things I like in FS19 / Things I dislike in FS19

Post by Chris8393 »

Need to daisy chain multiple trailers together the log forks won't hold many logs like 17
Addictedtofs

Post by Addictedtofs »

Attack Wave wrote: Wed Jan 23, 2019 5:08 pm
You've only been gaming for 20 years? I was 20 20 years ago. I started gaming in 1985. You've got some catching up to do. :lol:
Fear of the fool is the beginning of wisdom--The Book of Dawn and Dusk

Dragonborn, huh? Was it your ma or your pa that was the dragon?” --Hadvar

Commander set a course. There's coffee in that nebula.--Admiral Catherine Janeway
GTSilverado

Post by GTSilverado »

I agree forestry can use some work
GTSilverado

Post by GTSilverado »

I have been gaming since early 80s as well colecovision was my first gaming console. Been hooked ever since. lol Just think back at the games and graphics then lol
annasgramma

Post by annasgramma »

Goose66 wrote: Tue Jan 22, 2019 1:53 pm
annasgramma wrote: Fri Jan 18, 2019 4:30 pm I love the graphics!

I don't like the on-screen map. It's too hard to see the roads. I wish there were a way to change the opacity on the map so that the small roads show up better.

I also don't particularly like the way the sheep pastures are elevated. I had a big truck get stuck coming down one of those mountain-like slopes and I almost had to reset it. Luckily, I was finally able to maneuver it so that it got free, but it was a real pain to do. There needs to be a way to flatten out the land.
You can raise and lower the placeables before you buy them. And the terraforming tool can help flatten land if the pens are raised. Use the smooth tool on the raised areas and they will smooth out the land.
Thank you!! I'm slowly learning by doing. My sheep field is now more or less gently rolling hills as opposed to making my machinery climb mountains!! Having to "fly" the placeables, though, is still a real challenge.
markvanleeuwenstijn

Post by markvanleeuwenstijn »

I quess that the grapics are oke. I was kinda hoping for the same grapics update that WOT had. That game looks awesome. No comparisson.
The bugs will get sorted out, I sure.
The main issue I have with 19 are the tractor sounds. They are incredible flat. Its like an old diesel generator that is either on or off. This completely kiles the game for me. And the difference between the brands is mostly gone. Valtra had a very unique sound wich isn't there any more. Same with MF, Fiat 110-90 and so on. I very much hope this will get sorted out. Untill then, I'll keep playing 15 and mostly 17.
JCByellowguy

Post by JCByellowguy »

Like the game as a whole. Much better than FS17.
Addition of landscaping *thumbsup*
Buying plots of land instead of just fields *thumbsup*
Tandem axle U.S. Style semi trucks *thumbsup*
Graphics overall *thumbsup*
Vehicle suspension and better ground response *thumbsup*
More realistic feel to machines *thumbsup* (they dont feel like cars as much as FS17)
Machine selection *thumbsup*

The stuff id say needs more work and should be included in the base game instead of left to modders is
#1 better maps. The game should have some generic easy to use maps but also at least one map based on a single real life farm area or a collaboration of a few real life workable farms. The base maps just leave out a lot of the detail that helps immerse what seems to be a great majority of the player base looking for realistic scenerios of a farming simulator game.

#2 an actual selection of functional placeables in general (garages, spotlights, indoor grain storage, fuel tanks, gates, fences, just to name some). As well so the players can take advantage of the great new feature of creating their own farm.

#3 older machines 60s, 70s, 80s, 90s. I see this asked for every game yet we have so few.

Each edition of the game you see what the modders bring to the game and what the player base responds the most to. Yet it seems each new edition leaves out most of the mod ideas that the community responded well to. Would be nice to see the same mods that are requested every new edition of FS finally adopted by your company and included in some form in the next edition. Just seems too many players find themselves waiting on modders for maps and placeables that are constantly left out of the base game.
Xbox One Farmer
Yellow Farmer with some Red mixed in
MarkSH

Post by MarkSH »

I gave a long post of suggestions for the game as a new topic, link hopefully here:
viewtopic.php?f=963&t=141957
When you say "fences", etc, go more in to what you hope to get for it (even if it's "So I can make a nice farmstead walled off and pretty"), go into how you want to do it, look at how you see it being problematic (e.g. "If the land is wobbly, it wil terraform and look ugly, so you need some way to test a fenceline"), and so forth.

And discuss other people's ideas as to improve it, in the old greek discussion method of thesis, antithesis and synthesis. Even looking for the bad bits should be done to make the idea better, not say it should not be done. Trying to argue it should not be done won't change the proposers' thought that their idea was good. So improve their idea or point out a weakness that could be addressed to make it better.

What can be done to make what modders can mod in more interesting? After all, being able to place fences is in the mercury farms mod, so if it were made more easy to do in the game, or just FS21, mods would be able to make disruptable buildings (if you can think of why that would be good, I'm just spitballing here). If there were solar panels, can we see fast charging stations for EVs? An electric engine can have max torque, and a lot of it, at zero revs, which makes yardwork better. Better ways of modding vehicles could introduce winches to add to trucks so you can pull pallets up on to the flatbed trucks or run a line over a flatbed trailer so you can hitch up to the trailer without needing a frontloader to pull the trailer.

Heck, if the game already allows something, there will be a modder who knows better than I can conceive of can say what makes their work harder or make them fudge things.

Mods can certainly tell Giants what players like, but when it comes to vehicles, a tractor is a tractor, so to some extent they need to spend time getting differentiable vehicles so that you can make a choice. A choice that only changes the badge on the front but gives identical performance is a bit of a waste of time for a dev on staff, but a modder who just likes the brand will see the effort of putting it in rewarded merely by being able to take the one with the badge they want out for a spin in the game.
MarkSH

Post by MarkSH »

"You've only been gaming for 20 years? I was 20 20 years ago. I started gaming in 1985. You've got some catching up to do. :lol:"

Ah, a youngling. I started playing on the cartridge version of pong when it was new. My best friend came from a wealthy family. 25 years long. And before that it was the handhelds and arcades. In those days the only games you had had for years were based on microtransactions...
mikejl46

Post by mikejl46 »

The first game system I played on, ping pong, I believe back in about 1975

MarkSH wrote: Thu Jan 31, 2019 1:46 am "You've only been gaming for 20 years? I was 20 20 years ago. I started gaming in 1985. You've got some catching up to do. :lol:"

Ah, a youngling. I started playing on the cartridge version of pong when it was new. My best friend came from a wealthy family. 25 years long. And before that it was the handhelds and arcades. In those days the only games you had had for years were based on microtransactions...
MarkSH

Post by MarkSH »

The one I used was wood panel effect with a cartridge. Coleco? Just wait, I'll google. Yup, think it was them, they do exist, but I'll need to search their catalogue until I see something like I remember.
Actually looks more like it was a Fairchild one. Which would make it 76. Though I recall it having a plastic ridged corrugation on the top, but I may be mixing up memories. It's been 43 flipping years, I'm a doctor, Jim, not a computer!
Gimli54

Post by Gimli54 »

But he is a farmer, 😂😂😂😂, forgive me couldn’t resist not responding to the Star Trek reference, sorry Silverado for the rabbit trail, love 19 and can’t wait for the first dlc announcement
GTSilverado

Post by GTSilverado »

Thanks for the comments so far and I am also looking forward to dlc announcement and some updates
TheVpSniper

Post by TheVpSniper »

I like how you can own a dog in the game but i really dislike how u cant get the dog to go into the back of the pick up truck i also dislike that console players cant have dedicated multiplayer servers. I understand why console can't have dedicated servers but in Farming Simulator 21 can you at least try to get Sony and Microsoft to allow dedicated servers on console.