Helping Giants to Improve Farming Simulator 19! Things I like in FS19 / Things I dislike in FS19

MarkSH

Re: Helping Giants to Improve Farming Simulator 19! Things I like in FS19 / Things I dislike in FS19

Post by MarkSH »

JCByellowguy wrote: Wed Jan 30, 2019 10:52 pm #1 better maps. The game should have some generic easy to use maps but also at least one map based on a single real life farm area or a collaboration of a few real life workable farms. The base maps just leave out a lot of the detail that helps immerse what seems to be a great majority of the player base looking for realistic scenerios of a farming simulator game.
I wish to disagree with this and give my reasoning so that you can either improve your argument or reconsider to what maps you'd like to see.

Real life farms are rather big and away from everything. At least on the scale of the map in FS. That means that if you do a "real life farm" you will have nothing but stuff ON that farm to go round and look at. The shop for vehicles? Well, that has to be retconned to another building. Selling wool and eggs? Nope, you need to retcon that too. Etc. The base game maps are like a model trainset village setup. It has all the landmarks and some buildings to add feel and therefore looks rather sparse but it DOES feel as if it really is a village. Euro Truck Simulator does the same thing for its environs: cut down on the buildings and add landmarks, though in that case it's because the land is like 0.25% the size of real life.

Maxwell farms also adds in a garden market, biogas plant, spa corner shop, etc. along with SOME houses for the figures and random garage, school, et al. They all make an actual village in the country. And would be impossible to fit in to FS's map size or any valid (even for monster PC race) machine to hold if they were lifelike.

You need a lot of facilities in the game to make use of the features available and options for play, and there isn't enough space to put them in realistically without breaking that immersion you want by just randomly changing someone's real life home into a spinnery because you need to sell wool or there's no point to sheep.

Most real life farms also have much larger field sizes than you can deal with on a clean start. If all you could afford was the 3m harvester along with two small tractors and the other kit to do the full remit of farming one field, how bad would harvesting a 10ha field be as a chore?

You need small fields too, so that you don't have to grind the start or have to gift top end gear for the farm manager start to even have a chance.

Of course, multiplayer makes it slightly easier: if nothing else you can take turns with harvesting 180 lines of wheat.

And if you know the place, that also makes a difference. But this game is for hundreds of times as many people as would be able to recognise the name of even the most unrealistically well known real life farm.
TaintedBlackCat

Re: Helping Giants to Improve Farming Simulator 19! Things I like in FS19 / Things I dislike in FS19

Post by TaintedBlackCat »

Boring..Boring....Boring...Boring...very boring cut and paste...I stopped doing that in highschool...
I'm not perfect..but I'm Australian, and that's pretty damn close!!🐈 . Ex Royal Australian Navy sailor. Moved to New Zealand recently to dairy farm in New Zealand. 600 milking cows. Running old Duetz Fahr Agrostar 6.61
GTSilverado

Post by GTSilverado »

Ok I have asked for everybody to stay on topic, this has become another argument thread why do you guys keep acting like kids and can't follow the rules. This forum is getting out of hand.
GTSilverado

Post by GTSilverado »

Moderator please close