What counts as cultivating?

Seedy

What counts as cultivating?

Post by Seedy »

Ok, so there are a number of stats listed on one of the game tabs, hours of this time at that, my numbers for cultivation stopped at 4.? hours, after I sold the cultivator I started with, and switched to a disc harrow, despite the fact that it refers to cultivating in the description it doesn't seem to count. :(
Do only the single purpose cultivator tools count?
I figured that the seeders that don't require cultivation aren't really cultivating,despite removing weeds, but a cultivator that also does some seed seems to not count either.
A bug, or am I missing something.
TacoFarmer

Re: What counts as cultivating?

Post by TacoFarmer »

Good question.Only using equipment under the Cultivator category counted for the trophy.
PS4
Farm Happy My Friends.
WestBridge Hills-EL Bubbling FartZ Rancho Edition

You cant polish a turd ......but you can paint it GREEN and YELLOW .
Seedy

Post by Seedy »

Yeah, I tried a Stara in the cultivator category, but it also seeds grass and radishes, doesn't seem to count. :(
Mysticalmaid

Post by Mysticalmaid »

Just use a plain cultivator from the cultivator category. If you don't want to buy one, do the cultivator missions and hire one.
Seedy

Post by Seedy »

I think my game's broken, I went back an bought the original rau that I started with and now it doesn't seem to count either, but I'm using a medium tractor, so odd. going to try a new game anyways
bossmanslim

Post by bossmanslim »

Subsoilers, disks and cultivators all produce the cultivated ground state.
Seedy

Post by Seedy »

It's not the ground state I am puzzled by, but the cultivated area stat. It seems to have halted at 4.43ha, even though I have WAY higher stats on sowing, harvesting, etc. I do lots of contracts and got the achievements on xbox for 10 of all the other ones, I was puzzled as to why the cultivate stat seemed frozen.
Psychohate

Post by Psychohate »

I'm on xbox and my stats were the same way. I did tons of cultivating missions and it only showed 3.11 ha cultivated. Until one day at random I got the 10 meters cultivated achievement and it jumped up to like 80 ha cultivated on my stats. Must be a bug or something.
New farmer mode always
Xbox Series x/..... Being kind don't cost a dime
Seedy

Post by Seedy »

I wondered if something like that was going on, thanks! I will just be patient. :)
BrandonD01

Post by BrandonD01 »

I noticed around the same thing with spraying fertilizer. I've only sprayed two smaller fields, but in my stats it's showing I've sprayed 260 acres and only own fields 6 and 14 on Ravenport. Must be a bug
BrandonD01
JESUS is LORD!!
!!FARM ON!!

PS4 - CajunFarmboy
bossmanslim

Post by bossmanslim »

Seedy wrote: Tue Jan 15, 2019 1:42 pm It's not the ground state I am puzzled by, but the cultivated area stat. It seems to have halted at 4.43ha, even though I have WAY higher stats on sowing, harvesting, etc. I do lots of contracts and got the achievements on xbox for 10 of all the other ones, I was puzzled as to why the cultivate stat seemed frozen.
I'm pretty sure cultivating and seeding are counted separately. A seeder that cultivates is counted as seeding. I seem to recall I hit the seeding achievement way before the cultivating one even though I used a "no-till" seeder the whole time. Cultivating only counts when done by subsoilers, disks and cultivators.
Seedy

Post by Seedy »

I went back and used the same Stara I was using a couple of days ago, but using a small [starting] tractor, and the cultivating counted. :/