Ravensport - are Giants making a statement?

Richard Dower

Ravensport - are Giants making a statement?

Post by Richard Dower »

On the state of America and it's people....ergo trashy?

You have the bottom half that looks like its full of Trump supporters living there. The top half all the well off people who have nice houses and actually get their trash taken away.

But seriously...

WTF Giants ?
JohnDeere77

Re: Ravensport - are Giants making a statement?

Post by JohnDeere77 »

WOuld it change anything if the trash was on the top and the cleanhouses in the bottomhalf? Its not political unless u make it political. Its more unreal that there is little trash on the european map, than that is "much" trash in the american map
Plays on pc, hardmode and loves grinding
Ritchie

Post by Ritchie »

This has been discussed over and over on here already. I really doubt that there was any malice behind the placing of trash on the map. It is a fictional location in a farming game so why anyone is getting upset or offended is beyond me and until someone first pointed this out I never even noticed it.
There are several mod maps which are set in various locations which have junk all over the farm yards, which I personally would prefer wasn't there but I take no particular offence to it.
It seems to me that folk seem to try and read too much in to these things rather than just getting on and playing the game. But that's just my opinion.
redglasses

Post by redglasses »

You're beating a dead horse already. The only thing making it political is you.
Playing Lincoln Creek on PC
Upload your screenshots here: IMG server
My Discord
Remember there is no need to spread your manure around the forums :wink3:
Jack of all trades, master of the skid steer
Preble 818

Post by Preble 818 »

Richard Dower wrote: Tue Jan 15, 2019 1:09 pm On the state of America and it's people....ergo trashy?

You have the bottom half that looks like its full of Trump supporters living there. The top half all the well off people who have nice houses and actually get their trash taken away.

But seriously...

WTF Giants ?
Does it really matter if they were? Besides you made a statement of your own there. Lock the thread.
Playing on PS5 in Ohio, USA.
Ritchie

Post by Ritchie »

It's national thread locking day! Something we can all get behind. :lol:
PoggleBox

Post by PoggleBox »

There are 6 pages on the topic here
Platform : PC
i7 7700k@5.0 GTX1070Ti 32Gb DDR4, 500Gb M.2, 4TB across multiple SSD's, Windows 10
pingu

Post by pingu »

Richard Dower wrote: Tue Jan 15, 2019 1:09 pm On the state of America and it's people....ergo trashy?

But seriously...

WTF Giants ?
Maybe you can describe here how the maps included as standard in FS19 should look like so that everybody buying the game are 100% satisfied?
<-- FS17 on an iMac 27" playing Lone Oak Farm and The Western Shore -->
Arclight

Post by Arclight »

Ignore the map and download-play some good ones.
Smith Modding

Post by Smith Modding »

Why does everyone assume everything is a shot at them? When I played ravenport I in no way thought “giants hates Americans” idk where everyone is getting this idea
Smith Modding Co.
Christian Based Modding
Isaiah 30:23- He will also send you rain for the seed you sow in the ground, and the food that comes from the land will be rich and plentiful. In that day your cattle will graze in broad meadows.:
Playing FS15-19 on PC
Playing too much FS19 :mrgreen:
Specs-
i5-7300HQ|NVIDIA GTX 1050ti|16GB DDR4 RAM|1TB/500GB SSD/256GB M.2|Windows 10
BigTex114

Post by BigTex114 »

Smith Modding wrote: Tue Jan 15, 2019 5:50 pm Why does everyone assume everything is a shot at them? When I played ravenport I in no way thought “giants hates Americans” idk where everyone is getting this idea
There had to be some reason they threw trash all over Ravenport. It didn't just happen by accident.
Playing Marwell Manor on Windows :gamer:
Smith Modding

Post by Smith Modding »

Yeah but that reason doesn't have to be "we hate Americans" that reason was probably "we need to decorate the map, and most movies depict American farmers as very rural and not worried about cleanliness, so lets do that"
Smith Modding Co.
Christian Based Modding
Isaiah 30:23- He will also send you rain for the seed you sow in the ground, and the food that comes from the land will be rich and plentiful. In that day your cattle will graze in broad meadows.:
Playing FS15-19 on PC
Playing too much FS19 :mrgreen:
Specs-
i5-7300HQ|NVIDIA GTX 1050ti|16GB DDR4 RAM|1TB/500GB SSD/256GB M.2|Windows 10
BigTex114

Post by BigTex114 »

Smith Modding wrote: Tue Jan 15, 2019 9:27 pm Yeah but that reason doesn't have to be "we hate Americans" that reason was probably "we need to decorate the map, and most movies depict American farmers as very rural and not worried about cleanliness, so lets do that"
I'm not so much thinking of the piles of junk around the farm. I'm thinking about the litter in the town... at the shop and at the basketball court. Just litter thrown everywhere but in the garbage cans.
Playing Marwell Manor on Windows :gamer:
eric21

Post by eric21 »

It seems Americans don't know about other Americans
Aholz89

Post by Aholz89 »

Are the same people complaining about trash in other games like GTA? I've played for several hours on both maps and never even got to the point where trash scattered around causes me any headache. Too busy farming.

In my opinion GIANTS managed to make two good maps which have a little bit of everything, and as for the trash.. "I ain't cleaning that up".
Came here for information, stayed for the entertainment.