Forestry ?

Deereslayer

Re: Forestry ?

Post by Deereslayer »

I completely agree its horrible. My 6250R cant even pick up a small section of trunk without coming off the ground. Takes forever to trim all the branches off to even try to sell. Got frustrated doing 2 trees on edge of 1 field. Won't attempt anymore. Just no patience for this. If I do cut anymore I am just going to push them over a cliff on Ravenport to a place that doesn't get used which is a lot of the map.
W1der

Post by W1der »

[Win11] Intel Core i9-13900F Tray 5.6GHz / MSI RTX4090 24GB GDDR6 / 2x16GB 5600MHz DDR5
DirectCedar

Post by DirectCedar »

Oh my goodness. That looks like psychological torture. So the trick is to accommodate the invisible part of the tree which isn't actually there but still causes physical interference?

Forestry was kind of fun in 17. How can it have devolved to this when it was mostly working fine before?

Edit: removed redundant embedded clip
gilroy222

Post by gilroy222 »

DevilkidHUN wrote: Fri Jan 18, 2019 10:48 pm
gilroy222 wrote: Fri Jan 18, 2019 10:37 pm It just feels totally out of place anymore...
It's good that they have it in the game, but they messed up so much, there's no point in doing it. I liked it in 17, but in 19... it's... really really really bad
I can understand that. In 17 I liked how GCV had lots of dedicated places on the map where you could do some serious forestry. In this game though it seems out of place... which is fine by me because after all it IS a farming game. But given that I don't see the point of having so much equipment dedicated to forestry... seems to be steering away from the original point of the game..... farming.
Corstaad

Post by Corstaad »

This is another big example of why people don't like FS19. Giants is really asleep at the wheel. I remember seeing the hitbox videos on day 1 of release.
DirectCedar

Post by DirectCedar »

Wider did you make that video? How do you turn that hitbox on and off? Is it a special tool or can you access it in the base game?
W1der

Post by W1der »

Yes, I made it ...

You need to have development controls enabled in the game.xml
Then you press F5 while inside the game to see this!

Code: Select all

<development>
        <controls>true</controls>
    </development>
[Win11] Intel Core i9-13900F Tray 5.6GHz / MSI RTX4090 24GB GDDR6 / 2x16GB 5600MHz DDR5
ilovetrains

Post by ilovetrains »

wow - just wow. Seriously - did they even test this game before release? How does something like that end up in the release version?
mikejl46

Post by mikejl46 »

I run into a invisible tree or log
Seedy

Post by Seedy »

Has anyone else noticed the placeable grinder only grinds big diameter stuff, anything less than a certain diameter just goes through and vanishes. I've just been clearing trees by hand, and got tired of the twisty run up felsbrun mountain to sell logs, but it kind of irks me that I still have to drag stuff over to the grinder to get rid of it, but it won't pay anything at all.As in whole trees, the narrow ones, that you can move by hand at first cut.
redglasses

Post by redglasses »

^^Thats been like that with all wood chippers in all fs games.
IDK tho because logging is EZ PZ for me. The only problem I've had is the anti gravity tree, its the redish brown one with a lot of branches. Turns my skid steer into a UFO. If I avoid those I have no problems.
Playing Lincoln Creek on PC
Upload your screenshots here: IMG server
My Discord
Remember there is no need to spread your manure around the forums :wink3:
Jack of all trades, master of the skid steer
Tech-E

Post by Tech-E »

And I can also add the boring lags in Multiplayer, when you are the host its OK but, trying to cut a tree, cut a branch or making wood chip will cause few seconds of lags for every clients when the physic synchronises after the cut... It is very tiring...
emcniel

Post by emcniel »

That is what I use and i added and addition trailer to that Man truck and Last night I was able to fill both the truck and trailer 4 times with out any issues and sell them off. To me that is the one that works the best and is easy to use.

mikejl46 wrote: Fri Jan 18, 2019 2:13 am The Man truck is a little better at picking up logs than the Buffalo in FS17. It does hold onto 2 logs at a time pretty good, sometimes 3, picking up 7m logs, that's a little better then FS17 which if you were lucky could pick up one at a time.

This video is just the Man truck crane grapple loader with a different cab on it, no changes to the grapple, loading 12m logs. Video sped up, so in reality took me about 7 min to load the truck

I'm not having too much trouble logging with the in game logging equipment. but then I'm on PC, haven't tried it on console.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OQcPMzf5Z74
W1der

Post by W1der »

That type of crane that is fitted on the man truck and the wood chipper has always been better at getting a grip of the logs for some reason.
mikejl46

Post by mikejl46 »

Here is another video of the converted Man truck, loading 7m logs Noting different with the crane and grapple. As long as you can pick 2 logs at a time you can get a load on pretty fast. I usually don't even try for 3 logs, because it will most time drop the 3rd one before you get it on the truck. But I'm good if it can pick up 2 at a time. In reality scale wise these are pretty big trees. I believe they are like 20 inches in diameter at the stump

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PYGARh1H3dc&t=290s