Forestry ?

Dusty1424

Forestry ?

Post by Dusty1424 »

So , as part of my master plan for my new farm on Felsbrun some birch trees have to be removed so I bought my gself a chainsaw expecting felling and removal to be similar to 17 :frown: boy did I get a shock , what's happened ? The chain saw animations are horrible , then when I eventually got my tree limbed I could hardly get near it to load because of invisible collisions . Is it just me ? or has anyone else had a similar experience ?
Addictedtofs

Re: Forestry ?

Post by Addictedtofs »

Yeah the chainsaw is...weird. I tried to use a log fork on a frontloader. It was really strange as well.
Fear of the fool is the beginning of wisdom--The Book of Dawn and Dusk

Dragonborn, huh? Was it your ma or your pa that was the dragon?” --Hadvar

Commander set a course. There's coffee in that nebula.--Admiral Catherine Janeway
iB055

Post by iB055 »

Forestry is total stuff, especially for consoles. None of the log forks for any machine will hold onto a single log.

The mass of the logs is so far off its pathetic. I mean when you gotta cut a log that is less than 1/2 a meter long into 60+ pieces because every little piece is too heavy to lift forestry becomes such a waste of time and space in this game.
FS22 / PC & PS4 Pro
Beastbubba

Post by Beastbubba »

There are some collision issues when dealing with some branches, it makes them even more of a pain than normal. And that invisible part always weights nearly as much as the full tree did.
PC gamer.
Dusty1424

Post by Dusty1424 »

Not just me then , I cut over 3 million bucks worth of timber on 17 and that was difficult enough, forestry is impossible on 19 . Hopefully BSM will convert his stump grinder *thumbsup*
mikejl46

Post by mikejl46 »

The Man truck is a little better at picking up logs than the Buffalo in FS17. It does hold onto 2 logs at a time pretty good, sometimes 3, picking up 7m logs, that's a little better then FS17 which if you were lucky could pick up one at a time.

This video is just the Man truck crane grapple loader with a different cab on it, no changes to the grapple, loading 12m logs. Video sped up, so in reality took me about 7 min to load the truck

I'm not having too much trouble logging with the in game logging equipment. but then I'm on PC, haven't tried it on console.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OQcPMzf5Z74
Last edited by mikejl46 on Fri Jan 18, 2019 3:00 am, edited 2 times in total.
mikejl46

Post by mikejl46 »

I agree, the chainsaw worked better in FS17, Could be the saw is having trouble with the crooked trees.
FarmerJeff

Post by FarmerJeff »

I chopped down hundreds of trees in 15 and 17. I suffered through three trees on Ravenport before selling a woodsy field 19 to be able to buy field 7 without a tree in sight.
mikejl46

Post by mikejl46 »

The loader will consistently pick up 2 logs at a time, sometimes 3, but I don't try for 3, because most of the time it drops the 3rd one.

https://youtu.be/PYGARh1H3dc
Roger13r

Post by Roger13r »

I agree with you all. This is a problem for me as well. You don't know how frustrated I am with this game! Two years for a new FS game and this is what we get. Now if I want to cut a tree down.. I just run out into my garage get my chainsaw and cut something down in my yard. I don't have to worry about invisible structures or dragging my tree back onto my property to just cut it! I reall can't believe this game is so much poorer than FS17. Newer is supposed to be better only in our case newer got worse.
ilovetrains

Post by ilovetrains »

I have not tried to sell any logs, but had a few trees needed removed so I cut them, ground them and took to sell...wow, they are worth nothing as woodchips. The only reason I messed with logging before was to make money, so if you can't make any money at it (it would take around 1000 trees to cover my equipment cost!!) why bother?
ace54858

Post by ace54858 »

Dusty1424 wrote: Fri Jan 18, 2019 1:31 am Not just me then , I cut over 3 million bucks worth of timber on 17 and that was difficult enough, forestry is impossible on 19 . Hopefully BSM will convert his stump grinder *thumbsup*
they are working on bring it to FS 19 they have it on there web site and on discord with some screen shot's showing wear and tear on it there also working on a map as well. https://www.blacksheep-modding.com/wip-mods
Bobbydj1980

Post by Bobbydj1980 »

Manure fork for telehandlers works better then the log grapple I have used that on 17 and 19 with no issues
Love farming simulator I play on the Xbox series x orangebeach Alabama
gilroy222

Post by gilroy222 »

At first i kinda liked forestry in the last two games just cause it was something different... but now I can't help but think.... why in the hell is it even in this game? lol

It just feels totally out of place anymore...
DevilkidHUN

Post by DevilkidHUN »

gilroy222 wrote: Fri Jan 18, 2019 10:37 pm It just feels totally out of place anymore...
It's good that they have it in the game, but they messed up so much, there's no point in doing it. I liked it in 17, but in 19... it's... really really really bad
Xbox 1 Felsbrunn If I make any mistake,
please correct me:)