Wool Pallet Loading

Seedy

Re: Wool Pallet Loading

Post by Seedy »

The first time I took wool pallets to the spinnery, I took two or three in a pickup; when they didn't auto process, I opened the tailgate and drove back and forth until they fell out. :)
InstaBuzz

Post by InstaBuzz »

DirectCedar wrote: Sat Jan 19, 2019 9:29 pm
george.earlslight wrote: Sat Jan 19, 2019 8:22 am I think it was a bad idea to change the wool pallet volume from 4k on FS17 to 1k on FS19.
Even with 50 Sheep, it's just way to much hassle, even more so considering the not so great pallet loading physics.
In 17 they are 2k per pallet (at least with Seasons running; maybe they were bigger without? I don't actually recall now), but that's a detail. I agree it seems funny to make them so small in 19.
Every FS they nerf something that was a decent money maker in the previous title. From 15 to 17 they nerfed the price of silage at the biogas plant. From 17 to 19 it seems like it was the wool. I haven't gotten very far in 19 to see if there are any other things that don't bring as much money.
Husqvarna TS 352

Post by Husqvarna TS 352 »

In 15 you could sell a decent sized fir tree for 20k. In 17 it was 3k. In 19, well i'm not sure
G'day
niggle44

Post by niggle44 »

Have decided wool is a waste of time you get so little for a pallet now at the spinnery - but have all the hassle of loading unloading and general upkeep.
Rasping rabbit

Post by Rasping rabbit »

I haven’t looked into the figures but as the animals are cheaper maybe the wool selling price balances somehow?

Saying that I can’t even remember what wool sold for in 17 anymore 🤪
DirectCedar

Post by DirectCedar »

Rasping rabbit wrote: Mon Jan 21, 2019 2:16 pm I haven’t looked into the figures but as the animals are cheaper maybe the wool selling price balances somehow?

$5000-$12000 per thousand L on Normal with Seasons. It varied a lot seasonally and with great demands. I target $8k/1000L as a yearly average. Wool was fun and a stable profit generator in 17.
deddycantshoot

Post by deddycantshoot »

DirectCedar wrote: Mon Jan 21, 2019 5:04 pm
Rasping rabbit wrote: Mon Jan 21, 2019 2:16 pm I haven’t looked into the figures but as the animals are cheaper maybe the wool selling price balances somehow?

$5000-$12000 per thousand L on Normal with Seasons. It varied a lot seasonally and with great demands. I target $8k/1000L as a yearly average. Wool was fun and a stable profit generator in 17.
yes it was,and your prices you quoted are spot on for what i saw.And sheep and cows were profitable and fun,but not 19.I mean you can still make money but its just not enough to justify the time or investment compared to the real money makers of the game.
Mancsguy

Post by Mancsguy »

I take my wool to the spinnery on the fliegel trailor , can stack the bales 2 high on it and tie them down , Then at the spinnery i unfasten the straps and drive the trailor into the unloading areas , if any do not sell I park the trailor uncouple my tractor and just shove the pallets off the side with the front bucket attachment on the tractor , As soon as they hit the ground it sells them
DirectCedar

Post by DirectCedar »

Yes this is what I am reading about a lot of the economy in 19. It seems in general almost everything is quite a slog on any economic setting above Easy.

I recognize that this is a balancing act in terms of game design, because there really is no gamified economic goal of making lots of money to achieve anything in the game (unlike, for a crazy comparison, JD American Farmer where you could dump boatloads of cash into yard and house improvements which increased your net worth and kept your family's morale high - it was actually a fun and effective money sink, despite how bad the game was overall). In FS the journey is the reward, so to speak. However a big part of the journey is the sense of satisfaction and growth from your successful operation and the effort you put into it (even though of course it's all imaginary :blushnew: ). In one sense the money is meaningless but in another it is the only way things ever change, as you can make some and use it to improve the operation with bigger, cooler things. When the economy is an uber grind you lose that and it is just a (not very accurate without mods) driving simulator.

17 seemed to balance this work to growth economic ratio pretty well. The Easy-Normal-Hard toggle really just set the pace of it. It didn't make anything easier or harder, it just made it take more or less time.

What would be funner/more immersive/more satisfying yet is if you could make meaningful decisions about your farm that actually influenced your ability or chances to make more or less money, rather than the "guaranteed success" prescription that the agronomy and management currently entails. But this has been talked about ad nauseum and it is hard to say whether Giants sees this as a meaningful addition to their Simulator idea, or if they see more merit pursuing technical aspects of Tractor Driver 20xx.

Sorry for getting so far off topic :lol: Back to talking about how maddening it is to load pallets! Personally I gave up on it ages ago and use an autoload flatdeck any time I have to load more than one.
Sarakoth

Post by Sarakoth »

I recently got this game on PS4 and while I am loving lots of it, the wool handling is ridiculous. I live in Aust so was super keen for a massive wheat/sheep farm but having wool spawn onto small pallets is so painful. They get stuck all the time on the fork and it takes ages to load onto a trailer. I do have a trailer that at least works at the sell point but seriously wool should spawn in bags/bales like in real life. They would then be easy to handle with all the current round bale tech and attachments. I have given up on sheep and changing to cows which are way easier to load/unload materials for.
FarmCatJenkins

Post by FarmCatJenkins »

Sarakoth wrote: Wed Jun 24, 2020 8:35 am I recently got this game on PS4 and while I am loving lots of it, the wool handling is ridiculous. I live in Aust so was super keen for a massive wheat/sheep farm but having wool spawn onto small pallets is so painful. They get stuck all the time on the fork and it takes ages to load onto a trailer. I do have a trailer that at least works at the sell point but seriously wool should spawn in bags/bales like in real life. They would then be easy to handle with all the current round bale tech and attachments. I have given up on sheep and changing to cows which are way easier to load/unload materials for.
Hey welcome to the forums!
Not sure if you read the thread the whole way through but there is the big bag handler in the CSZ pack that makes loading and unloading the wool pallets so much easier. I agree with you though. On PC there are a couple maps I've seen with built in sheep pens that have the wool spawn in as only the 250l little bales that are inside the pallet. Makes handling much easier!
Farmer since birth. Simulated since ‘15

Xbox: Hodge A Palooza
Steam: FarmCat Jenkins
Sarakoth

Post by Sarakoth »

FarmCatJenkins wrote: Wed Jun 24, 2020 1:30 pm Not sure if you read the thread the whole way through but there is the big bag handler in the CSZ pack that makes loading and unloading the wool pallets so much easier.
Hey thanks... I actually missed it first time and saw it on another post funnily enough about pallet handling... I will try it out. Thanks!

But yes.. I still think 1000L bales would be more appropriate. :biggrin2:
PrincessJessi84

Post by PrincessJessi84 »

I love doing wool.. It's a nice entry level animal.. But I think it's been unbalanced in both 17 and 19..
In 17 it was waaaay overpowered.. Omg for just a few cuts of grass and some time I would make enough with a single stacked trailer load to buy a cr10.90.. and all with cheap kit.. It was as bad as silage or those big silly oaks in 15.. Completely unbalanced (I was console so that's counting the time to load the pallets)
Fast forward to now.. The price is more reasonable but dam with 1000L pallets.. The pallet sizes should reflect the pen size.. That's fair.. Small farmer with a small pen... 1000-1500L as u r working harder for the money.. Medium may get 2000-2500L per pallet.. Large betwemn 3000-4000L? I mean.. Idk.. Just balance.. I still love doing wool but rarely do I manually load anymore which I HATE but those pallet sizes....

The price is close.. If it needs anything, a small buff wouldn't hurt but I would rather it stay as is than be OP
https://fs19communitytrader.freeforums.net/
PC
PC - Ryzen 7-2700 8core, 32gb ram, 2x2tb SSD, RTX 2080 SUPER 8gb, GX-850 Gold PSU
Displays - ASUS ROG Strix XG43VQ 43” Super Ultra-Wide Curved HDR Gaming Monitor 120Hz (3840 x 1200)
Samsung CFG70 27" Curved gaming Monitor 144HZ (1920 x 1080)
2x 24" Dell Monitors
Controllers - T150 Pro, Side Panel, TrackIR7, TM Stick
friendlinzh

Post by friendlinzh »

some game trailers can allow you to load more than one pallet at a time
cwattyeso

Post by cwattyeso »

george.earlslight wrote: Sat Jan 19, 2019 8:22 am I think it was a bad idea to change the wool pallet volume from 4k on FS17 to 1k on FS19.
Even with 50 Sheep, it's just way to much hassle, even more so considering the not so great pallet loading physics.
That's why I use Alfalfa's Wool Pallet Replacer Mod, which then lets me have 8K Volume Wool Pallets, which gives you a bit of breathing room on farms with lots of sheep before you get the dreaded "No More Room for Wool at Sheep" message. Alfalfa also does the Easy Autoload Script for FS19 on PC and provides a 50 foot lizard trailer that will happily handle pallets and pretty much every other item in the game.
Check out my YouTube Channel for Farming Simulator and other Gaming Let's Plays and Videos at https://www.youtube.com/c/CwattyesoGamingforFun :D

Also be sure to check out my Kick Channel for my Farming Simulator Live Streams and Multiplayer Server at https://www.kick.com/cwattyeso :gamer:

GIANTS SOFTWARE Personal Partner Code: CWATTYESO *thumbsup*