how much does production go down with continious same crop on same field???

chaskuchar1

how much does production go down with continious same crop on same field???

Post by chaskuchar1 »

in one field I got 38000 units the first time. now, after field is in the same crop year after year I only got about 28000 units. any else have the same results???
60 acres with center pivot. jmj
playing fs22 on pc, hard mode
DirectCedar

Re: how much does production go down with continious same crop on same field???

Post by DirectCedar »

chaskuchar1 wrote: Fri Jan 18, 2019 8:19 pm in one field I got 38000 units the first time. now, after field is in the same crop year after year I only got about 28000 units. any else have the same results???
You're sure that fertilizer, lime, ploughing, and weed states are all the same year to year? If so there should not be a difference. As far as I'm aware the current state of Giants engine cannot comprehend past crop and crop rotation, so I did not think there was a way they could institute penalties/bonuses for rotation effects. TheSeb has commented on the technical details of this in the actual game code; one can search it on this forum for more information.

If this is not the case then I don't know what to say. It would be awesome and very realistic if rotation effects could somehow be accounted for in-game. Up till now my impression has been that it can't be achieved within the limitations of the current base game code.
RODHA

Post by RODHA »

%100 fert.
No lime needed.
No plow needed.
No weeds.

2 x soybean harvest on the same field at the same “ready to harvest” stage.
Both yields were identical for me.
PS5 / FS22
deddycantshoot

Post by deddycantshoot »

Combine needing maintenance, not header,combine.
Ivakis_Solo

Post by Ivakis_Solo »

This is how the game works to prevent you from seeding the same crop aggain and aggain in the same field. If you want to do that you need to plow after every harvest to "reset" the field. Otherwise the yeld will be less after every harvest.
Rasping rabbit

Post by Rasping rabbit »

Ivakis_Solo wrote: Wed Jan 23, 2019 12:01 pm This is how the game works to prevent you from seeding the same crop aggain and aggain in the same field. If you want to do that you need to plow after every harvest to "reset" the field. Otherwise the yeld will be less after every harvest.
Pretty sure you are wrong with this answer. Sorry.
Maze313

Post by Maze313 »

I have done soybeans 6 times in a row same fertilizer stages plow and lime got the same amount every single time
Playing on PS5 and PC
duncan_101

Post by duncan_101 »

What maze said.

There should be no difference in yield.
Happly farming in Fryslan.
On an Asus RoG laptop.
jpm1

Post by jpm1 »

i'm playing a 185 hours savegame, and i still have more or less the same yield. 0 chemical, plough only when i need to plant maize, and sunf. = more or less 90k L with maize, and between 30 - 50k L for the rest for approx 6.5 ha. each crop is around 60k € benefits. +20k if i do straw. i remove the weed systematically
Ivakis_Solo

Post by Ivakis_Solo »

Well I did it with Conola and the second yield I got round 500 leters less. On the third yield I got round 2000 leters less and then I started changing crops after harvesting. Haven't tryed it since but I'm pretty sure this is how the game is suppost to be.
Rasping rabbit

Post by Rasping rabbit »

Ivakis_Solo wrote: Thu Jan 24, 2019 10:34 am Well I did it with Conola and the second yield I got round 500 leters less. On the third yield I got round 2000 leters less and then I started changing crops after harvesting. Haven't tryed it since but I'm pretty sure this is how the game is suppost to be.
Did you repair your harvester between these tests? Header repair affects speed, it seems when the harvester gets past a certain point it affects yield.
Ivakis_Solo

Post by Ivakis_Solo »

No, a youtuber made a test with a fully repaired header and with a fully broken header and the results in yield were the same.
Crazof

Post by Crazof »

Header repaired is one thing, rasping rabbit said to make sure your harvester is also repaired
bossmanslim

Post by bossmanslim »

Yield is only affected fertilizer, lime, weeds, plowing and crop destruction.

Item repair only affects speed.
Rasping rabbit

Post by Rasping rabbit »

bossmanslim wrote: Thu Jan 24, 2019 1:10 pm Yield is only affected fertilizer, lime, weeds, plowing and crop destruction.

Item repair only affects speed.
There is a post on here somewhere where somebody tested the harvester at various stages of repair and it gave different results.

Mr Sealyp did do a test also but only looked at the header repair which as you say only affected speed.

I may try it out later to see as I am curious. Not sure I can be bothered with the time it will take to break a harvester though 😆

Edit: found the post. There is a video and info about halfway down the first page

viewtopic.php?f=963&t=139789