NEW UPDATE

Addictedtofs

Re: NEW UPDATE

Post by Addictedtofs »

thumbwiz wrote: Mon Jan 21, 2019 5:08 am
Ok I'm not getting *censored* into another fruitless debate. My less than tactful posts were directed at people who were trolling. It doesn't take a very powerful intellect to see that some people are creating new accounts for the purpose of trolling. I'm not the only person to mention it.

I did acknowledge, however, that some of the disgruntled posters are, in fact, genuine. You would know that if you had read the entirety of my post, instead of cherry picking it to make your case.

Have a good night 😊
Fear of the fool is the beginning of wisdom--The Book of Dawn and Dusk

Dragonborn, huh? Was it your ma or your pa that was the dragon?” --Hadvar

Commander set a course. There's coffee in that nebula.--Admiral Catherine Janeway
Ritchie

Post by Ritchie »

I think a few folk need to look at how they conduct themselves on here rather than trying to blame everyone else. There's a right and wrong way to complain and a right and wrong way to communicate with others on this forum, regardless of what you may think about their motivations for posting.
The level of apparent paranoia and mistrust is also quite staggering at times, but this is the first games forum I have been apart of so this may be quite normal lol.
Guil

Post by Guil »

Addictedtofs wrote: Mon Jan 21, 2019 5:16 am
thumbwiz wrote: Mon Jan 21, 2019 5:08 am
Ok I'm not getting *censored* into another fruitless debate. My less than tactful posts were directed at people who were trolling. It doesn't take a very powerful intellect to see that some people are creating new accounts for the purpose of trolling. I'm not the only person to mention it.

I did acknowledge, however, that some of the disgruntled posters are, in fact, genuine. You would know that if you had read the entirety of my post, instead of cherry picking it to make your case.

Have a good night 😊
Believe it or not but it hasn't happened more than a couple of times. Everyone is jumping to conclusions and everytime a new user complains the conspiracy theorists are going full Sherlock Holmes.

Once again, I'll ask anyone to report posts they suspect is in anyway untoward.
Rasping rabbit

Post by Rasping rabbit »

Bobbydj1980 wrote: Mon Jan 21, 2019 3:29 am What bugs games working fine for me on Xbox one s and I play it everyday
Same here on Xbox. I think looking through the forum that we got quite lucky on Xbox. Apart from an isolated issue with a shed mod I have had no problems.
gordon861

Post by gordon861 »

Just to add an example to this thread of Giants appearing to be asleep at the wheel:

On 9 Dec last year I posted the following to the bugs forum: viewtopic.php?f=965&t=136874
- PC/Mac/PS4/XB1: PC beta 1.2
- Vehicle/Tool/Model/Object: Lemken Solitair 23
- Issue:This front tank is supposed to hold 2k of seed according to https://lemken.com/en/lemken-news/news/ ... rtilising/
In game it is holding 1.5k of solid fertilizer instead.
- Single- or Multiplayer: Single
- Steps to reproduce: Buy from store
This should be a very quick fix for Giants to sort out but here we are over a month later and still nothing. They didn't even bother replying to the thread to say that it'd been 'fixed in next update', all that happened was the tag got changed to [solved].

Really? Come on what the hell are your guys doing? (sorry should not have posted this bit, not deleted in order to maintain proper history - edited by gordon)

We have come to expect bugs in new games so any company with a plan should ensure that they have extra staff available to fix these little things that have been missed for release. Instead we have near silence and people are getting annoyed on the forums.
Last edited by gordon861 on Mon Jan 21, 2019 1:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
--------------
Hey Giants, when are you going to pull your head out of your backsides and actually talk to us?
Guil

Post by Guil »

gordon861 wrote: Mon Jan 21, 2019 12:24 pm Just to add an example to this thread of Giants appearing to be asleep at the wheel:

On 9 Dec last year I posted the following to the bugs forum: viewtopic.php?f=965&t=136874
- Issue:This front tank is supposed to hold 2k of seed according to https://lemken.com/en/lemken-news/news/ ... rtilising/
This should be a very quick fix for Giants to sort out but here we are over a month later and still nothing. They didn't even bother replying to the thread to say that it'd been 'fixed in next update', all that happened was the tag got changed to [solved].

Really? Come on what the hell are your guys doing?

We have come to expect bugs in new games so any company with a plan should ensure that they have extra staff available to fix these little things that have been missed for release. Instead we have near silence and people are getting annoyed on the forums.
Before ranting you should read the sticky about reporting bugs to see what the tags mean.
What makes it worse is that you acknowledge what the tag means in the thread.
gordon861

Post by gordon861 »

Guil wrote: Mon Jan 21, 2019 1:00 pm
gordon861 wrote: Mon Jan 21, 2019 12:24 pm Just to add an example to this thread of Giants appearing to be asleep at the wheel:

Really? Come on what the hell are your guys doing?

Before ranting you should read the sticky about reporting bugs to see what the tags mean.
Before having a go at someone for ranting you might want to actually read the posts in the thread that I linked to, where you will see that I did read the pinned post and even acknowledged the fact that I had jumped the gun when the tag had first been changed.

I also dispute the claim that I am 'ranting', I don't consider my post a rant, you may have a case with the "Come on what the hell are your guys doing?" bit, for which I apologise if any offence was caused.

I understand that you guys (and girls) may be stressed but how about playing the ball rather than the player? These forums are becoming more toxic since the release of FS19 but that doesn't mean biting the head off someone that makes a post that you don't like. Your response is no different from the fanboys or haters that read just one small portion of a post and spout off whilst totally missing the point.

So I will attempt to reiterate my point I was trying to make, since the release of FS19 there has been a communication/information flow problem from Giants, players are getting upset and then 'playing up'.

I have an expectation that this post will also be dismissed as a 'rant' but please read and absorb what I'm saying, the answer to the toxicity currently experienced in the forums is more communication from Giants not less.
--------------
Hey Giants, when are you going to pull your head out of your backsides and actually talk to us?
Shuffy

Post by Shuffy »

they said themselves they test everything first come first served ... they cant pic and choose what to test .. thats not a fair system
thumbwiz

Post by thumbwiz »

The mod testing system shouldn't have to be fair, as life isn't fair. Giants could give priority to unique mods, most requested mod types (maps, gps etc), and on down to mods that that are plentiful.
If they advertised such priorities, then the modders and community would know what to expect. Giants would get less requests, complaints, rants, whines or whatever you want to call it.
X1 / PC gaming
Ontario, Canada
aliclement

Post by aliclement »

if they tell modders what to make, in their own time and for free, there won't be any mods in modhub.
thumbwiz

Post by thumbwiz »

I didn't suggest they tell modders what to make, just what order testing will take.
X1 / PC gaming
Ontario, Canada
Smith Modding

Post by Smith Modding »

thumbwiz wrote: Mon Jan 21, 2019 2:58 pm The mod testing system shouldn't have to be fair, as life isn't fair. Giants could give priority to unique mods, most requested mod types (maps, gps etc), and on down to mods that that are plentiful.
If they advertised such priorities, then the modders and community would know what to expect. Giants would get less requests, complaints, rants, whines or whatever you want to call it.
You know I love the “life isn’t fair argument” cuz it’s really not true. Life, on its own, is pretty fair. People (and their actions) make it unfair. And if GIANTS tests mods the way you want them to, very few models will actually make mods. And newer modders will have a really hard time getting their mods released. They’ll get more backlash from that then they will from doing it the way they do it now
Smith Modding Co.
Christian Based Modding
Isaiah 30:23- He will also send you rain for the seed you sow in the ground, and the food that comes from the land will be rich and plentiful. In that day your cattle will graze in broad meadows.:
Playing FS15-19 on PC
Playing too much FS19 :mrgreen:
Specs-
i5-7300HQ|NVIDIA GTX 1050ti|16GB DDR4 RAM|1TB/500GB SSD/256GB M.2|Windows 10
Ritchie

Post by Ritchie »

They can also only test what mods they are given and there is no guarantees that each mod will pass testing so the order of release will not necessarily follow the order of testing. For me, the fairest and right way to do it is a first come first served basis.
thumbwiz

Post by thumbwiz »

Oh, alright, I guess life really is fair after all.
X1 / PC gaming
Ontario, Canada
thumbwiz

Post by thumbwiz »

Let's hope emergency rooms to go the way of first come first serve. lol
X1 / PC gaming
Ontario, Canada