NEW UPDATE

Husqvarna TS 352

Re: NEW UPDATE

Post by Husqvarna TS 352 »

An example from another topic of why GIANTS test what they get.
Lisertan wrote: Thu Jan 10, 2019 11:04 am
CatNoir wrote: Thu Jan 10, 2019 9:57 am 9.1. you are testing christmass tree... is this a kind of joke? otherwise i cant understand it. and those sheds and weights? are you really testing another sheds and weights? ok, there is not enough of weights on consoles and it will be a game changer.
I think, you should check just the license as you have contracts with brands and the mod testing let on players. if we are able to rate every single mod and if its not working, we can delete it... i dont know.
Mods are created by our players (modders) and we test what they send us. You don't like what other players do? Fine. You blame us for it? Weird and you think players can test mods and see if they run for example on console and stuff before we upload them? Sorry, no.

This whole paragraph shows that you don't know how mods work or what they are. I don't blame you, that's fine. It really is, but you need to understand that mods are created by the players not by GIANTS and that we test what we get and we are quite proud that we can do that to be honest. Our modders are an amazing bunch and I think we should do what we do.

Cheers
Lis
Also remember that GIANTS doesn't have a priority list for what modders send them. The way mods get tested is first in best dressed. Doesn't matter what it is, if it's first it gets tested first.
G'day
mirceast19

Post by mirceast19 »

iB055 wrote: Sun Jan 20, 2019 5:15 pm Wow, patience really is a virtue that most people do not have.

Do you not realize that this is a lot of work and it all takes time?
Guys, you are wrong. It's not me who rushed things. I'm not the one who has no patience, but those who have rushed to launch it. And now they do not hurry to fix it at all after 2 months. No announcement about next update. FS19 shound never came out before being finished and tested.

I never ask for a new game every 2 years. I got patience to play a nice game, and they should have patience to test the game before and then to sell a good game. It is disgusting to buy an unfinished or dirty product and then have to wait for be repaired or cleaned.

I don't care to much about a fighting for priorities - they can film new videos with NH, can make more advertising, can sign partnerships with other collaborators like Logitech, can develop more mods; ok, it's fine if this is what they want - I do not care about this topics. But they have to finish what they have started, they have to fix what they released wrong. And just as they had a launch date for the version that does not work as it should, they have to offer a date to launch for a next update, a new hope in a better version.
eric21

Post by eric21 »

cwattyeso wrote: Sun Jan 20, 2019 8:46 pm Sorry Eric but he does kind of have a very valid point. How many tractor weights does one game need or how many 3m cultivators or subsoilers? These mods shouldn't be getting priority in the testing queue ahead of brand new and original content and varied content. Don't even get me triggered by mentioning that Christmas Tree uploaded in the middle of January by them. Giants workflow should be 1. Bug Fixes and Patch Updates, 2. Map Mods, 3. Original Vehicles/Equipment/Tool Mods and 4. Ports of FS17 Content and Duplicate Vehicles/Tool mods.
That's your opinion and it's the wrong one, first none of these mods have priority
I bet you didn't know about threats against the modders last year
cwattyeso

Post by cwattyeso »

I've heard about threats to modders and have done so in regards to this years game. Its not a Giants game or Farming Simulator specific thing, you'll find it on any game on any platform that has modding support and functionality. In Farming Simulator it seems to be the console players in the majority who are very impatient at getting new content for their game. Again I can sympathise with console players as have the PS4 version and the PC version of the game. The PS4 I played for about two or three weeks at launch and then left behind because the PC version was already getting a lot of mods released by modders across the many and various modsites, modders own sites, facebook pages etc. As it stands currently in my PC Mod Folder I have 297 Mods, 263 of which are not from the Giants ingame modhub. I can also assure you none of those mods are tractor weights, 3m tools of any kind, scarecrows, machine sheds, deckchairs, christmas trees, wooden supports or other useless stuff. I do feel very sorry for the Console Players because they are so heavily handcuffed into only being able to get mods from the Modhub, and then have further restrictions on not being able to get mods with script functions. The consoles players get even more frustrated when their request for the type of mods they want to see released first on their platforms seems to fall constantly on deaf ears. It's probably more frustrating for them with the recent mod releases when their limited console storage space and their in game slot count is being taken up by all the repetitive mods and silly fluff and nonsense. I mean when two deckchairs take up more in game space then an entire farmhouse or mansion there is something a little wrong there.
Check out my YouTube Channel for Farming Simulator and other Gaming Let's Plays and Videos at https://www.youtube.com/c/CwattyesoGamingforFun :D

Also be sure to check out my Kick Channel for my Farming Simulator Live Streams and Multiplayer Server at https://www.kick.com/cwattyeso :gamer:

GIANTS SOFTWARE Personal Partner Code: CWATTYESO *thumbsup*
Ritchie

Post by Ritchie »

Slot space is only taken up by the mods you actually download, if a mod is of no use to you it doesn't have to be downloaded. The problems only come when folks aren't happy playing within the limitations of their chosen system. I'm on PS4 and have never had an issue with slot limits. For example I'm playing on The West Coast and have all six farms kitted out, some duplicates to cut down on slots (I just roleplay that the bigger farms contract out their harvesters etc to the smaller ones lol) used but I've got everything I want for a single player game.
Every game I have ever played has limitations, you just need to find away to play within those limitations and all's good.
I could afford a PC but I prefer to do my gaming on console, strange as that may seem to some on here :lol: .

As for the updates, they'll be released when they're ready and there's no point getting all bent out of shape about them not being released when you think they should.
thumbwiz

Post by thumbwiz »

Perhaps they could have a thread about updates that they are working on, including bug fixes included and features added (or removed, who know). This could be similar to the mods in testing thread. it might make people happier if they were getting regular informaton about update progress from giants instead of random people just saying it'll be ready when its ready.
X1 / PC gaming
Ontario, Canada
Ritchie

Post by Ritchie »

The mods in testing thread hasn't stopped people complaining so I doubt a thread about updates will either.
thumbwiz

Post by thumbwiz »

True, but it could be someplace to point people who ask.
X1 / PC gaming
Ontario, Canada
vondeylenfarms

Post by vondeylenfarms »

eric21 wrote: Sun Jan 20, 2019 8:38 pm
vondeylenfarms wrote: Sun Jan 20, 2019 7:43 pm Stop releasing the boring mods from fs17 and fix the bugs...then get back to the mods
That's kinda disrespectful to mod makers, if there was an option to ban someone from downloading mods, you'll be on the list
First off Eric...you are wrong. I was referring to giants and the mods they have released. I have been nothing but a supporter for modders that do anything for consoles. So bite me and add me to your blocked list...don't care
Vondeylen Farms Ohio, U.S.
1000 acres, family farm, huge Case IH guy(however mostly John Deere now)

Platform-PS5
Welker Farms over 1000hrs
Onto FS22!
Large JD Farm with corn and soybeans always looking for multiplayer
https://www.youtube.com/user/vondeylen22
Addictedtofs

Post by Addictedtofs »

I've been warned about my "aggressive posting", so I'll try to show some tact. It seems like this forum has devolved away from fun conversation and towards complaining, ranting and arguing. It's very frustrating. Threads like this don't accomplish anything, so why keep making them?

I'm sure there are people who make new accounts with the hope of inciting drama, but I'm also sure that some are started by players who are genuinely frustrated and are wanting an outlet. That's not a problem. The problem is that so many people are doing it and it creates discord instead of discourse.
Fear of the fool is the beginning of wisdom--The Book of Dawn and Dusk

Dragonborn, huh? Was it your ma or your pa that was the dragon?” --Hadvar

Commander set a course. There's coffee in that nebula.--Admiral Catherine Janeway
vondeylenfarms

Post by vondeylenfarms »

Addictedtofs wrote: Mon Jan 21, 2019 1:03 am I've been warned about my "aggressive posting", so I'll try to show some tact. It seems like this forum has devolved away from fun conversation and towards complaining, ranting and arguing. It's very frustrating. Threads like this don't accomplish anything, so why keep making them?

I'm sure there are people who make new accounts with the hope of inciting drama, but I'm also sure that some are started by players who are genuinely frustrated and are wanting an outlet. That's not a problem. The problem is that so many people are doing it and it creates discord instead of discourse.
Couldn't agree more! I hardly even get on here anymore...
Vondeylen Farms Ohio, U.S.
1000 acres, family farm, huge Case IH guy(however mostly John Deere now)

Platform-PS5
Welker Farms over 1000hrs
Onto FS22!
Large JD Farm with corn and soybeans always looking for multiplayer
https://www.youtube.com/user/vondeylen22
thumbwiz

Post by thumbwiz »

Addictedtofs wrote: Mon Jan 21, 2019 1:03 am I've been warned about my "aggressive posting", so I'll try to show some tact. It seems like this forum has devolved away from fun conversation and towards complaining, ranting and arguing. It's very frustrating. Threads like this don't accomplish anything, so why keep making them?

I wonder if Giants is heeding the complaints and rants. It might be frustrating for users to encounter so many such threads, but it must be happening for a reason.
X1 / PC gaming
Ontario, Canada
Addictedtofs

Post by Addictedtofs »

thumbwiz wrote: Mon Jan 21, 2019 2:34 am
I'm sure they pay attention, but all the people creating new accounts with the intention of causing discord, only serve to delegitimize all the people who have perfectly legitimate complaints.
Fear of the fool is the beginning of wisdom--The Book of Dawn and Dusk

Dragonborn, huh? Was it your ma or your pa that was the dragon?” --Hadvar

Commander set a course. There's coffee in that nebula.--Admiral Catherine Janeway
Bobbydj1980

Post by Bobbydj1980 »

What bugs games working fine for me on Xbox one s and I play it everyday
Love farming simulator I play on the Xbox series x orangebeach Alabama
thumbwiz

Post by thumbwiz »

Addictedtofs wrote: Mon Jan 21, 2019 2:39 am
thumbwiz wrote: Mon Jan 21, 2019 2:34 am
I'm sure they pay attention, but all the people creating new accounts with the intention of causing discord, only serve to delegitimize all the people who have perfectly legitimate complaints.
You don't really mean to imply that you're a mind reader do you, somehow knowing their intent is to cause discord? Maybe they are paying customers who are not entirely happy with their purchase.
Maybe people who've been warned about their "aggressive posting" intend to cause discord.
X1 / PC gaming
Ontario, Canada