Improving vehicle interiors/illumination?

ThePrometheus

Improving vehicle interiors/illumination?

Post by ThePrometheus »

Hello. Don't take this as an offense, I'm quite happy with the game. It's just these details that are constantly being improved throughout the games, but are now not really finished, somewhat grind my gears. :search:

Out of curiosity, before buying a new vehicle, as most of us on PC, I tested almost all of the vehicles on a separate, test save. I noticed many vehicles vary how many of their buttons are lit. For example, JDs being made from scratch, have most detailed cabs, and every single button is lit, just like IRL. Fendt 700 has also vary detailed cab and illumination, so does 1000, but 900 and 1000MT have noticeably less illuminated buttons. After these, many vehicles have random levels of how cabs are 'finished', it really looks like someone just left on 80/90%.

(I own Steyr Profi, which, just like T6 and Maxxum, have quite well made cab, and level of illumination (95% of buttons are lit), but checking out Steyr Terrus I saw that same buttons that have illumination in mentioned three tractors, on Terrus they don't)
PC Gamer.
mirceast19

Re: Improving vehicle interiors/illumination?

Post by mirceast19 »

Just look at the lights of that cars, when you are getting close and approaching of the bot-cars. Just the left light works, the right one dont:
https://imgur.com/2mnYt2s
ThePrometheus wrote: Sun Jan 20, 2019 1:14 pmit really looks like someone just left on 80/90%.
Yes, indeed.

These are not bugs, it is an unfinished game. Something made in a hurry and unfinished.
Skunkworks

Re: Improving vehicle interiors/illumination?

Post by Skunkworks »

ThePrometheus wrote: Sun Jan 20, 2019 1:14 pm Hello. Don't take this as an offense, I'm quite happy with the game. It's just these details that are constantly being improved throughout the games, but are now not really finished, somewhat grind my gears. :search:

Out of curiosity, before buying a new vehicle, as most of us on PC, I tested almost all of the vehicles on a separate, test save. I noticed many vehicles vary how many of their buttons are lit. For example, JDs being made from scratch, have most detailed cabs, and every single button is lit, just like IRL. Fendt 700 has also vary detailed cab and illumination, so does 1000, but 900 and 1000MT have noticeably less illuminated buttons. After these, many vehicles have random levels of how cabs are 'finished', it really looks like someone just left on 80/90%.

(I own Steyr Profi, which, just like T6 and Maxxum, have quite well made cab, and level of illumination (95% of buttons are lit), but checking out Steyr Terrus I saw that same buttons that have illumination in mentioned three tractors, on Terrus they don't)
I have reported various issues that I spotted in my favorite machines, and also emailed support, no response, but my bug report was moved to bug archives as solved and it was stated they should be reviewing the internal lighting, that was awhile back though.

I hope this inconsistencies get addressed as it really creates much added immersion working at night.

viewtopic.php?f=967&t=130453

There is also

viewtopic.php?f=965&t=138952