MOD or update idea Bales

OlD MrD

MOD or update idea Bales

Post by OlD MrD »

This is just an open thought . .

I have noticed in game (console) that the egg boxes take up slot count.
I have also on more than one occasion hit the bale limit on console. And tho I don’t find this too annoying at the moment I may do once seasons comes.

So my thought/idea is
Can a MOD or in game option be added to allow me to “buy” extra slots for bales?

Eg I buy a placeable that uses up say 50 slots but this adds 50 bales to my in game limit? And I can buy as many as I like (Upto my slot count limit).
I would obviously not be able to sell this item unless it was empty (my bale count was back under the limit)

This could may be even linked to the hay loft / silo system?

Just an idea for you cleaver people to think about :-)
Farming Simulator 15/17/19/22 on SeriesX & PC
Current tractor : Case IH 1455 XL
Current Map : Old Stream Farm
cwattyeso

Re: MOD or update idea Bales

Post by cwattyeso »

There is sadly no way for a mod or game update to be able to add physical memory or processing power to a console. The slot count is basically the safe amount of memory the game has in which it stores and generates all the 3D objects within your game. Buying a placeable will decrease that slot count further as the object will take up system resources with it's textures, meshes etc.

The only way to increase your slot count and free up the slot count is to physically remove objects from the game world. One way this could be done on console is to have a building placeable into which you can unload bales, and it basically stores them like a Gain Silo stores your wheat etc, or the Root Crop Storage stores your Potatoes or the Hay Loft stores your Grass/Hay/Straw etc, in that it keeps a record of how many bales you have stored in it, but they no longer physically exist or occupy space in your map. When you want to use a bale, you would go to the place on the placebale and interact with it, much like the pipe on your silo/root crop storage/hay loft and chose which type of bale you want if you have different types stored and it will then spawn and generate a bale into the map which at that point would then remove slightly from your slot count. You can dispense as many bales as you require, take them away and use them and when you do, the slot count is freed up again.
Check out my YouTube Channel for Farming Simulator and other Gaming Let's Plays and Videos at https://www.youtube.com/c/CwattyesoGamingforFun :D

Also be sure to check out my Kick Channel for my Farming Simulator Live Streams and Multiplayer Server at https://www.kick.com/cwattyeso :gamer:

GIANTS SOFTWARE Personal Partner Code: CWATTYESO *thumbsup*
OlD MrD

Post by OlD MrD »

I’m not trying to increase my slot count?
I’m aware it and other limitations are there to make the game more stable to the limits of the resources on console.

I’m trying to use the “spare” slot count to enable players who wish to to have more bales.

The main game is already doing this it’s self by adding egg boxes as items against your slot count.
So I’d guess in the back end bales are also doing this to a set limit.

My suggestion was to add an option either via a mod placeable or in game option to take away 50 of my slots and add 50 more bales.

A system like you suggest is one way yes, but isn’t that just effectively the same as using the hay loft as it is currently in game??

The idea I was thinking of would allow you to have more bales spawned on the map.

Like I said just a thought and it give players more choice to play the way they might like to.

I have 4 save games all with over 150hrs play time. And I’m a good 300 slots at least free on them all so I could if this theory is possible have an extra allowance of 300 slots worth of bales?
BreadedVirus

Post by BreadedVirus »

Why the need for so many bales?
the big print giveth the small print taketh
Husqvarna TS 352

Post by Husqvarna TS 352 »

BreadedVirus wrote: Mon Jan 21, 2019 1:00 am Why the need for so many bales?
Yeah I know. I have a 41 sheep farm on estancia in which I made 48 round hay bales for my sheep. I sold 28 so I had twenty spare for later. I have only used 1 bale to fill up the troph and it's been 30 game hours (I've had it from the start). I don't think I will run out of bales until I get 80-100 sheep. Instead of making hay I just make straw and have come no where near the bale limit.

I don't know why you'd need so many bales considering a hay bale on normal economy sells for around $350 each in my game. So they aren't that profitable unless you're doing silage. Straw bales are just a bonus of wheat, barley and oat if you don't use it for straw bedding.

For OP, I think you just need to learn to play within the constraints of the game. Personally I have never had a slot issue (been playing since 15) and I have only run into the bale limit once. That was in Goldcrest 17 where I tried to bale field 5 straw and I hit the bale limit with 3/4 of the field done. If you want to remove constraints, just buy a PC *thumbsup*
G'day
sundownchevy

Post by sundownchevy »

I'm not sure if the bale storage mod was available to users on a console. I do know that the mod was a placeable and you would take the bales you had and once in the trigger the rendered part "physics" sorta disappeared while leaving the visual bale inside the mod. There's supposed to be an egg pallet mod on its way but also I do not know if that will be for a console, it sorta autoloads the egg boxes into it and you take the whole pallet once full to be sold leaving you an empty pallet.
OlD MrD

Post by OlD MrD »

Husqvarna TS 352 wrote: Mon Jan 21, 2019 1:14 am
For OP, I think you just need to learn to play within the constraints of the game. Personally I have never had a slot issue (been playing since 15) and I have only run into the bale limit once. That was in Goldcrest 17 where I tried to bale field 5 straw and I hit the bale limit with 3/4 of the field done. If you want to remove constraints, just buy a PC *thumbsup*
Kind of that very reason ?
Like I said it’s no a big issue for me, just an annoyance. I have fields that hit the bale limit on there own currently.
Add in multiple animal pen and stack for them it a thing you can start to hit often.

Yes could use the hay loft for all but grass but that feels like cheating! And takes away hours of fun stacking bales.

As for are they profitable I suppose that depends on your way of playing? Even on a fairly small field you get 30 bales, I play on hard so for the most part sell straw at about £50ppl so that’s ends up around £6000 that more than covers the seed and fert costs for that field so the crop becomes pure profit.

But this is getting off topic ! The question was for people who might like more bales is it a possible solution? And will this only get a bit more noticeable once we all get seasons and start stock piling more for the long hard winters. *thumbsup*

1 - do many people want more bales?
2 - is this even a possibility?
3 - would the people who want more bales be happy to give up some slots to have more bales?

Agin all just a thought for discussion :mrgreen:
Seedy

Post by Seedy »

I guess I never knew there was a bale limit, I only just started playing with mods and found my new best friend, the Ursus trailer that holds 8 bales, and has a pickup arm. So I drive my mower/baler around unitl I have a 12 or fewer bales of silage laying around scoop them up and sell them. The Barn is only paying about $1000 a bale, but currently I'm only mowing between fields anyways. Straw I pickup with a loader wagon, now storing in barn on my farm, since the Barn is only paying ~50 for straw. :(
Is there really a point to bale things up, other than silage, if you're just selling it?
OlD MrD

Post by OlD MrD »

Seedy wrote: Mon Jan 21, 2019 1:38 pm I guess I never knew there was a bale limit, I only just started playing with mods and found my new best friend, the Ursus trailer that holds 8 bales, and has a pickup arm. So I drive my mower/baler around unitl I have a 12 or fewer bales of silage laying around scoop them up and sell them. The Barn is only paying about $1000 a bale, but currently I'm only mowing between fields anyways. Straw I pickup with a loader wagon, now storing in barn on my farm, since the Barn is only paying ~50 for straw. :(
Is there really a point to bale things up, other than silage, if you're just selling it?
Id guess it’s a play style choice for baling on my part I live surrounded by farms and never see straw not bailed to be transported/sold/stored.
Again yes absolutely you can use the ingame hayloft to store more and even empty this out and bale it at a later date.
We do end up back at the arcade v sim problem is a magic hayloft that stores straw fun or realistic I don’t think so, is baling then storing bales in a barn for winter, fighting the FS physics to get them to stack nice fun yes I think so :confusednew:

I’m not saying anyone needs to play the way I do it was just a idea for discussion. :mrgreen:
BreadedVirus

Post by BreadedVirus »

OlD MrD wrote: Mon Jan 21, 2019 9:27 am
Husqvarna TS 352 wrote: Mon Jan 21, 2019 1:14 am
Kind of that very reason ?
Like I said it’s no a big issue for me, just an annoyance. I have fields that hit the bale limit on there own currently.
Add in multiple animal pen and stack for them it a thing you can start to hit often.

Yes could use the hay loft for all but grass but that feels like cheating! And takes away hours of fun stacking bales.

As for are they profitable I suppose that depends on your way of playing? Even on a fairly small field you get 30 bales, I play on hard so for the most part sell straw at about £50ppl so that’s ends up around £6000 that more than covers the seed and fert costs for that field so the crop becomes pure profit.

But this is getting off topic ! The question was for people who might like more bales is it a possible solution? And will this only get a bit more noticeable once we all get seasons and start stock piling more for the long hard winters. *thumbsup*

1 - do many people want more bales?
2 - is this even a possibility?
3 - would the people who want more bales be happy to give up some slots to have more bales?

Agin all just a thought for discussion :mrgreen:
*thumbsup* :coolnew:
the big print giveth the small print taketh
TacoFarmer

Post by TacoFarmer »

OlD MrD wrote: Sun Jan 20, 2019 11:58 pm
Unless it changed on consoles
after you hit the limit you can still buy bales from the store.
PS4
Farm Happy My Friends.
WestBridge Hills-EL Bubbling FartZ Rancho Edition

You cant polish a turd ......but you can paint it GREEN and YELLOW .
Seedy

Post by Seedy »

OlD MrD wrote: Mon Jan 21, 2019 11:07 pm
Seedy wrote: Mon Jan 21, 2019 1:38 pm I guess I never knew there was a bale limit, I only just started playing with mods and found my new best friend, the Ursus trailer that holds 8 bales, and has a pickup arm. So I drive my mower/baler around unitl I have a 12 or fewer bales of silage laying around scoop them up and sell them. The Barn is only paying about $1000 a bale, but currently I'm only mowing between fields anyways. Straw I pickup with a loader wagon, now storing in barn on my farm, since the Barn is only paying ~50 for straw. :(
Id guess it’s a play style choice for baling on my part I live surrounded by farms and never see straw not bailed to be transported/sold/stored.
Again yes absolutely you can use the ingame hayloft to store more and even empty this out and bale it at a later date.
We do end up back at the arcade v sim problem is a magic hayloft that stores straw fun or realistic I don’t think so, is baling then storing bales in a barn for winter, fighting the FS physics to get them to stack nice fun yes I think so :confusednew:

I’m not saying anyone needs to play the way I do it was just a idea for discussion. :mrgreen:
When I was a kid we lived in an area where the real farmers (we were city folk with chickens and a horse) went after all the straw and hay they could get, all the kids "got" to help lug stuff around, or toss bales. I kind of liked it, huge group effort, all the square bales were movable by an 11 year old kid; yeah everything was in bales, never heard of a loader wagon before this game.
Hwyroller

Post by Hwyroller »

This would be nice to have on console to avoid the the max bale limit. Due to the scripts I know it can't happen. Buuut what if Giants made this mod happen like they did for seasons on console?
https://www.farming-simulator.com/mod.p ... tle=fs2017
PS5
Crazof

Post by Crazof »

Just need the forage and chips silo from fs17, then there is little to no reason for bales
Sam1093

Post by Sam1093 »

One way i can think of is to have a baler that produces twice the amount of litres per bale. So instead of 4000l a bale, it would be 8000l. Not sure if that would work in reality, just a thought though.