Ravenport Garbage heaps

Kerbo

Re: Ravenport Garbage heaps

Post by Kerbo »

!00% agree, there's a stark contrast between the two maps. Even the trash can right outside the vehicle dealer on Ravenport has trash all over the ground. It's pathetic.
Jeramy

Post by Jeramy »

Ravenport looks downright pristine compared to some of the farming town's and farms that I have seen. The European map is almost too clean in my opinion. I would prefer a bit of clutter to give the place some character.
Smith Modding

Post by Smith Modding »

eustace_pharmer wrote: Fri Jan 25, 2019 7:07 pm
Smith Modding wrote: Tue Jan 22, 2019 1:55 pm So you’re saying if you don’t live in that country you have to make it look as pretty as possible... that makes literally NO sense
@Smith Modding
I did't say that at all. I SAID- HAVE RESPECT FOR OTHER PEOPLE'S COUNTRY. Does that make sense now?
I think you just want to ague and I'm not going to do it with you.
(Not trying to be argumentative here)
Can you explain to me how GIANTS is being disrespectful by putting trash in the Ravenport map? I know you think it’s excessive, but I want to know why it’s disrespectful or offensive instead of, say, bad map design.
Smith Modding Co.
Christian Based Modding
Isaiah 30:23- He will also send you rain for the seed you sow in the ground, and the food that comes from the land will be rich and plentiful. In that day your cattle will graze in broad meadows.:
Playing FS15-19 on PC
Playing too much FS19 :mrgreen:
Specs-
i5-7300HQ|NVIDIA GTX 1050ti|16GB DDR4 RAM|1TB/500GB SSD/256GB M.2|Windows 10
thumbwiz

Post by thumbwiz »

I'd like to think that when people decide to play a farming game, it's partly because they want a slow paced peaceful experience away from the normal day to day. Maybe they want to get the feeling of being out of the city for a while in a serene landscape free of trash and rubble and all the other stuff a city offers. At least, that's what I prefer. If they gave players a way of removing extra stuff from the map, there wouldn't be so many hissy fits.
X1 / PC gaming
Ontario, Canada
JTaylor801

Post by JTaylor801 »

A few thoughts....

First, I 100% agree with my dear friend Eustace Pharmer. What we were teased with in the months and weeks leading up to the release of FS19 versus what we actually see is somewhat of a stark contrast. Second, GIANTS have certainly produced other "American" themed maps before and didn't junk everything up like they did with Ravenport. Regardless of whether it was done intentional or not, the end result is a map which is literally littered with junk and trash from one end to the other. And while I realize this type of stuff is used as filler, GIANTS didn't feel they needed all this filler stuff on Felsbrun.

There's no right or wrong way to play these simulation type games. However, some of us enjoy the added immersion and want to setup our farms in the way we might do in the real world. Unfortunately, unless you pop Ravenport in GE, you are just stuck with all the trash and such.

I grew up in Texas and I've lived in Louisiana and I've traveled extensively throughout the US. As many have pointed out, there are farms in the real world which are all junked up. Where you'll find every model pickup the family have owned since the Model T in the front yard. I was also raised a portion of my life on my grandfather's farm. I learned from a very young age that unless you want snakes and other critters you might not want to come face to ankle with, you pick up the junk. Not to mention the number of times I received a belt across the backside for leaving trash and junk around.

Hopefully a time might come where we can decide how much trash and junk we want to have cluttering up the farm. But we're not there yet and I feel Ravenport could have done with less trash/junk but with more power lines. Tesla had wireless electricity working in the late 1800's/early 1900's, but it's not working in this day and age. I'm tired of reading my candlelight.

But we can probably all agree the piles of trash and garbage should be the least of GIANTS worries as it relates to the current state of FS19. But I'm confident FS19 will be as amazing as 17 and 15 and 13 in time. Just hopefully not too much time.

Peace and good farming to all.

Jerry
Happy Farming!

Check out my Farm Sim Blog
http://grizzlybearsims.com/
Realism through Simulation

YouTube
https://www.youtube.com/c/grizzlybearsims

Follow me on Twitter!
https://twitter.com/GrizzlyBearSims
Sodyaler

Post by Sodyaler »

I honestly don't mind the garbage, or the old car husks and what not.It adds a bit of lived in flare, but what I do mind, is not being able to remove them from my land. The default starting area in Ravenport has so much wasted potential having that garbage dump right in the middle. We now have the in game terraforming tool, but whats the point in some instances if we still have to work around static garbage we can't remove from land we bought.
DirectCedar

Post by DirectCedar »

JTaylor801 wrote: Fri Jan 25, 2019 10:25 pm
Peace and good farming to all.

Jerry
Audible laughter was produced re: Tesla :lol: :lol:
Well stated my friend.
DirectCedar

Post by DirectCedar »

Smith Modding wrote: Fri Jan 25, 2019 9:18 pm
eustace_pharmer wrote: Fri Jan 25, 2019 7:07 pm
Smith Modding wrote: Tue Jan 22, 2019 1:55 pm So you’re saying if you don’t live in that country you have to make it look as pretty as possible... that makes literally NO sense
@Smith Modding
I did't say that at all. I SAID- HAVE RESPECT FOR OTHER PEOPLE'S COUNTRY. Does that make sense now?
I think you just want to ague and I'm not going to do it with you.
(Not trying to be argumentative here)
Can you explain to me how GIANTS is being disrespectful by putting trash in the Ravenport map? I know you think it’s excessive, but I want to know why it’s disrespectful or offensive instead of, say, bad map design.
Smith, this is explained quite clearly in the very first post in this thread. For what it's worth, I think Eustace has a point.
Beastofwar

Post by Beastofwar »

I took the garbage everywere as a jest, that since (certainly in Germany) there is the image that most Americans have become XXXL size the rats living off their garbage must be XXXL size too and capable of overturning garbage bins thus making such mess.

GTA games are full of such references, that redicule certain aspects of the depicted enviroment or society, but it always does have some truth in it. If that would be the case here, offence can be felt.

Then again why go through all the trouble bringing John Deere in the game only to insult the players that this brand was brought in the game for.... Makes no sense.
Intel i5 3570K 3.40 GHZ (Quad Core)
8 GB Memory DDR3
R9 280 GFX card 3GB DDR5
1x 64GB SDD 1x 128 GB SDD 1x 1TB HDD
Win 10 Professional 64 bit
Bobbydj1980

Post by Bobbydj1980 »

I agree there are to many trash piles and their should be an option to clean them I live in Alabama and this is disgraceful to all Americans
Love farming simulator I play on the Xbox series x orangebeach Alabama
Duckzor

Post by Duckzor »

I will also voice my support to Eustace in his OP....

WHile some may not see it as disrespectfull, remember that everyone is individual and can be offended by things that may not offend all others.

On the whole, I am sure EP and most others would have no issue with a little garbage overflow here or there, but the point of EP's post here is Felsbrun (being a EU based map and of course Giants being based in the EU! Go Figure) is pristine - to the point of being sterile when compared to Ravenport.

EP's point should not be lost on the fact that obviously whomever decided to overflow every possible garbage receptical may cause offence to some members of the American FS community.

I am sure that if a modder or another company did something that was the opposite it would offend/annoy some EU members of their community to the same point.

Basically if the amount of rubbish etc was equally shown on both maps there would be no issue. Does the map need rubbish and 'atmospheric' items - well perhaps, BUT they should be ensuring that THEY as the bastions of determining what can or can't go into their game via their ModHub should by the least carry the same levels of proportional 'liberties' in how varying countries are displayed.

And of course for the record I am neither European nor American!
FS19 State of the Game - [youtube]https://youtu.be/NdkvMZpJX0o[/youtube]
Michael5941

Post by Michael5941 »

eustace_pharmer wrote: Mon Jan 21, 2019 4:22 pm I Didn't see a topic on this so I made one as this really stands out in stark contrast. I fly around Ravenport and noticed behind every business, under bridges, and every garbage can has trash overflowing on the ground.

I fly around Felsbrunn and there is not even 1 scrap of paper on the ground anyplace.

I feel your garbage models have been overused to the point that it's insulting. America is not a trash heap. If I made a map that takes place in another country I would have some respect and think about how things like that can be perceived by those who live in said country.
Where you base your company is a beautiful part of the world. Europe is overall a beautiful continent. America also has stunning beauty and we don't have heaps of trash all over the place. Yes, some places are run down trash heaps but the majority of us keep our land clean. Same thing with any part of Europe. There are nice places and not so nice places.
I am disappointed in you Giants. I expected better of you than to do something so evidently intentional.
I suspect there will be many who will rip me apart for this post but there are also many who feel as I do.

I would like to request in your next update that you please remove the overwhelming amount of trash you placed on Ravenport.
If you don't value the American dollar as much as other places then I certainly will not purchase another thing from this company.
Thank you, Eustace Pharmer

Edit don_apple: moved from german to english section.
In fs17 goldcrest was clean but solnovoka (spelling?) Was a bit run down, giant isn't insulting us Americans at all it's just a map
PS4 User(PSN- LoneWolf5841)
Enjoying FS19 on PS4
Thanks to the modders for the wonderful work they do, Happy Farming :hi:
koalateafarming

Post by koalateafarming »

Mainstream media across the globe portrays the US as a garbage dump of culture, people, environment, etc. I have heard and hear from my overseas friends that the US has 2 vastly different standings: the beautiful land of opportunity, or; the dump of the world. For Giants, I can't help but think their decision to make Ravenport a trash boat of a map was based entirely on recent views of the US with Trump being elected and all of the political stuff thereafter (please save your political banter for reddit). Also, I realize that a lot of YouTubers claim that Ravenport is very reminiscent of the west coast of the US, specifically California. California is clean, but anywhere near LA and surrounding metropoli, the land is quite dirty. Prove me wrong, but that is my understanding from friends and people I know who have traveled there or live there. Hollywood doesn't count in this statement, as it is dirty, but cleaner than downtown LA.

Now, Felsbrunn is clearly a European map. Clean, beautiful, rich with fictional history, and yet for some reason there isn't a speck of trash anywhere. That is where things get tricky. Why is one European-esque map clean and perfect; while an American-esque map is trash-filled and gloomy, almost like smog? I mean, where do you draw the line between ignorance and stupidity in understanding that Giants did this on purpose somehow in someway. Maybe not to get at the US for any particular reason, but maybe because it is a 100% political move. What isn't political these days, be it here in the US or in Europe? Either way, I take it as an insult, but I don't at the same time.

However, if you look at previous American-esque maps such as Westbridge Hills and Goldcrest Valley, I don't see trash anywhere. In fact, Westbridge Hills is probably the cleanest, brightest and more beautiful map Giants has made and is a fan favorite amongst anyone including those from across the pond in Europe. Please explain to me how that is. Do the comparison between 15, 17, and 19. Tell me I'm not wrong.
AMD FX-4300 3.8GHz
Gigabyte GA-78LMT
16GB PNY ANARCHY DDR3 2333MHz RAM
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti 4GB by EVGA
Logitech G910, G933, G502
Razer Firefly
Windows 10 Home
TaintedBlackCat

Post by TaintedBlackCat »

Mummy? Why does Ravenport smell so funny?
Well darling, it's because GIANTS wanted to pi** off all the Americans by placing garbage everywhere.
*pfft as if!! stop creating drama where there is none!!*
I'm not perfect..but I'm Australian, and that's pretty damn close!!🐈 . Ex Royal Australian Navy sailor. Moved to New Zealand recently to dairy farm in New Zealand. 600 milking cows. Running old Duetz Fahr Agrostar 6.61
Dusty1424

Post by Dusty1424 »

Mountains out of molehills ?