Ravenport Garbage heaps

Michael5941

Re: Ravenport Garbage heaps

Post by Michael5941 »

sittinhere wrote: Tue Jan 29, 2019 5:59 am Got out of hand by the countless threads of the same topic that only a small amount of players are being vocal about it. There are far more people not offended or are not taking things out of context. Just because you are offended does not mean everyone is.

What if the shoe was on a different foot and a modder made the map and said it was a fictional American map. Would that have received the same reaction as this? My guess, no

Does this game have any affect of how you live your daily life? If it doesn’t, then yes this is just a game. Don’t like the map? Don’t play it.
Well said
PS4 User(PSN- LoneWolf5841)
Enjoying FS19 on PS4
Thanks to the modders for the wonderful work they do, Happy Farming :hi:
Michael5941

Post by Michael5941 »

thumbwiz wrote: Tue Jan 29, 2019 4:28 pm
sittinhere wrote: Tue Jan 29, 2019 5:59 am Got out of hand by the countless threads of the same topic that only a small amount of players are being vocal about it. There are far more people not offended or are not taking things out of context. Just because you are offended does not mean everyone is.

What if the shoe was on a different foot and a modder made the map and said it was a fictional American map. Would that have received the same reaction as this? My guess, no

Does this game have any affect of how you live your daily life? If it doesn’t, then yes this is just a game. Don’t like the map? Don’t play it.
People paid money for the Ravenport map. Somebody at giants clearly went a little crazy with the trash brush on purpose. They actually put some beneath an overpass, what was the point of that.
just as you are free to defend, others are free to complain about their dissatisfaction with something they paid for. Giants should have given the ability to remove objects with their landscaping tool. Maybe they'll finish it some day.
I do agree with the ability of removing objects with the landscaping tool, still disagree with the whole giants is insulting us part, nothing about it is insulting, unless if they put a sign in the game saying Americans are dirty then they aren't insulting us, Ravenport is fictional in other words it's a different America from are America so it has no relation to the real America
Enjoying FS19 on PS4
sittinhere

Post by sittinhere »

Dunno but if you ever played the oringal homefront which is based on America, those maps are clutter with trash.

However, if you (generally speaking) paid money to just play Ravenport than that is another discussion. I hope people paid money to play the entire game and most bought it to play modded maps. Crazy how people get hung up on one map or one thing that really has no ill effect on your life. This is a game first and your neighbor could give two hoots about what is or isn’t in it.
Deadeye

Post by Deadeye »

As an American myself, I would like to think that part of the problem here is that we allow ourselves opportunity to be seen in this negative light by the rest of the world. I'm not going to give specific examples to avoid bringing up a discussion on politics. However, there are many things we Americans as a majority do that cast this negative shadow on us. Some parts of this thread may be a part of that

Farming Simulator is, was, and always will be a game folks. In my eyes if we as Americans, have reached the point where we are offended by a game, then we quite possibly have lost what we stand for anyway. Don't we have bigger things to worry about than the placement of trash heaps in a map on a game??? Seriously?

P.S. What do they call that message they put in video games? That one that says "All persons, places, and events in this game are fictional and any similarity to actual persons, places, or events, is purely accidental"? I think it certainly applies here.
Last edited by Deadeye on Wed Jan 30, 2019 1:27 am, edited 2 times in total.
"We must, indeed, all hang together or, most assuredly, we shall all hang separately."- Benjamin Franklin
"Speak softly and carry a big stick; You will go far"- Theodore Roosevelt
“There may be times when we are powerless to prevent injustice, but there must never be a time when we fail to protest.” – Elie Wiesel
Michael5941

Post by Michael5941 »

Deadeye wrote: Wed Jan 30, 2019 1:19 am As an American myself, I would like to think that part of the problem here is that we allow ourselves opportunity to be seen in this negative light by the rest of the world. I'm not going to give specific examples to avoid bringing up a discussion on politics. However, there are many things we Americans as a majority do that cast this negative shadow on us. Some parts of this thread may be a part of that

Farming Simulator is, was, and always will be a game folks. In my eyes if we as Americans, have reached the point where we are offended by a game, then we quite possibly have lost what we stand for anyway. Don't we have bigger things to worry about than the placement of trash heaps in a map on a game??? Seriously?
Agreed
Enjoying FS19 on PS4
PlatinumTurbo

Post by PlatinumTurbo »

It sometimes amazes me how hard these Giants Fan Boys will defend Giants, no matter what kind of stuff the company feeds them.
Michael5941

Post by Michael5941 »

PlatinumTurbo wrote: Wed Jan 30, 2019 1:47 am It sometimes amazes me how hard these Giants Fan Boys will defend Giants, no matter what kind of stuff the company feeds them.
Not defending, like I said the whole "Fanboy" thing is a pathetic excuse to put yourself in the right and us in the wrong. I would go off on you calling people a fanboy whether I liked the game or not. If giant did something I don't like I would mention it, so far they haven't done much to disappoint the only reason you call us fanboys is because your opinion states otherwise from us "fanboys" opinions and it pi** you off because your opinion is the "best" ever and the "most important" I'm not defending I'm stating a fact that giants isn't insulting us it is a map and 90% of games has trash in the game based in a specific country as it adds to the map. Getting offended over something so minor is uneccsary as it doesn't effect you, did your heart stop when you saw the trash on Ravenport no okay then what's to be offended about? Solnovaka was trashy as well no one complained about it. Solnovaka is based in Russia and was a run down farm so by yours and others logic giants was insulting Russians also everyone who didn't complain about it had to be insulting Russians as well because no one had a problem with that map
Your probably going to say no on that so let me put it into perspective
Ravenport is a fictional run down farm based in the west coast of american, look it matches Solnovaka they both are ran down but apparently russian doesn't matter to you but no when it's the good'ol USA it suddenly a problem. Fallout must offend you badly as it's maps are really trashed to hell and back lmao.
Don't say it's diffrent, you'll probably say it is diffrent as in that game the world got nuked so it makes sense story wise. If you do say that I'll reply with
Ravenport is a fictional ran down map so the trash makes sense story wise
Enjoying FS19 on PS4
j_maybury

Post by j_maybury »

Michael5941 wrote: Wed Jan 30, 2019 2:10 am
PlatinumTurbo wrote: Wed Jan 30, 2019 1:47 am It sometimes amazes me how hard these Giants Fan Boys will defend Giants, no matter what kind of stuff the company feeds them.
Not defending, like I said the whole "Fanboy" thing is a pathetic excuse to put yourself in the right and us in the wrong. I would go off on you calling people a fanboy whether I liked the game or not. If giant did something I don't like I would mention it, so far they haven't done much to disappoint the only reason you call us fanboys is because your opinion states otherwise from us "fanboys" opinions and it pi** you off because your opinion is the "best" ever and the "most important" I'm not defending I'm stating a fact that giants isn't insulting us it is a map and 90% of games has trash in the game based in a specific country as it adds to the map. Getting offended over something so minor is uneccsary as it doesn't effect you, did your heart stop when you saw the trash on Ravenport no okay then what's to be offended about? Solnovaka was trashy as well no one complained about it. Solnovaka is based in Russia and was a run down farm so by yours and others logic giants was insulting Russians also everyone who didn't complain about it had to be insulting Russians as well because no one had a problem with that map
Ravenport is a fictional run down farm based in the west coast of american, look it matches Solnovaka they both are ran down but apparently russian doesn't matter to you but no when it's the good'ol USA it suddenly a problem. Fallout must offend you badly as it's maps are really trashed to hell and back lmao.
Don't say it's diffrent, you'll probably say it is diffrent as in that game the world got nuked so it makes sense story wise. If you do say that I'll reply with
Wow! you must have a very low opinion about your self and your country and your fellow countryman if you feel that fly-tipping is seen as something you would do on a daily basis. Have I somehow got it wrong and that you're all just a bunch of louts and lazy layabouts?
Jethrofarmer17

Post by Jethrofarmer17 »

If your offended don't play it . I don't take the map as a slap in the face I just won't play till westbrige or lone oak or something comes out
j_maybury

Post by j_maybury »

Jethrofarmer17 wrote: Wed Jan 30, 2019 4:45 am If your offended don't play it . I don't take the map as a slap in the face I just won't play till westbrige or lone oak or something comes out
You obviously have not been keeping up to date, have you?
sittinhere

Post by sittinhere »

Every country dumps waste daily and I’ve been to quite a few countries. Hell, they make livable islands out of that waste.
Michael5941

Post by Michael5941 »

j_maybury wrote: Wed Jan 30, 2019 4:38 am
Michael5941 wrote: Wed Jan 30, 2019 2:10 am
Wow! you must have a very low opinion about your self and your country and your fellow countryman if you feel that fly-tipping is seen as something you would do on a daily basis. Have I somehow got it wrong and that you're all just a bunch of louts and lazy layabouts?
Not getting offended over trash in a fictional maps means I have a low opinion of my country? Lmao no that is untrue I love my country. I'm just not getting offended over something simple, plus words don't hurt me so I could care less if someone directly called my country a horrible or nasty place it's Just a opinion and is more in likely untrue, there is some bad trashed location in America but so is every other country. Just because there is trash in the map means nothing at all. How bout this, your are being lazy by playing a digital farming game so we all must be insulting real farmers as they do the hard work to feed us. See it's the same logic. Iike I said various times it is a fictional maps and means nothing clean or not. Here's 3 more example of your logic, you throw trash in a trash bin right well then congrats you insulted the maker of that bin, or you stuff or and urinate in a toilet so you are insulting the maker of that toilet. A dump in America is insulting the USA as they literally dump junk and trash on us soil.

It's the same logic don't say it isn't.
As you said giants is insulting us Americans as they put trash on a American map, fictional map at that. You will probably say that's what a toilet, trash bin and dump is for. I'll say well giants was going for a ran down look on the map kinda hard to do that without trash. Also I definitely disagree with littering it is illegal and shouldn't be done at all they make trash cans for a reason use them. But Ravenport is fictional aka FAKE so giants did nothing wrong, are you trying to say giants should be fined for littering on a digital map, lmao glad you don't make laws as a lot of games wouldn't exist today. As like I said many times before 90% if games has trash on their maps.

People like you getting offended over trash in the map is going to persuade map makers to make everyone of their map spotless which means no more old ran down looking maps which are nice for people looking for a map that looks lived in.
Enjoying FS19 on PS4
RODHA

Post by RODHA »

Deadeye wrote: Wed Jan 30, 2019 1:19 amAs an American myself, I would like to think that part of the problem here is that we allow ourselves opportunity to be seen in this negative light by the rest of the world.
I think you should be thanking to Hollywood for that. Most of the world knows America from the movies and series.
Deadeye wrote: Wed Jan 30, 2019 1:19 amIn my eyes if we as Americans, have reached the point where we are offended by a game, then we quite possibly have lost what we stand for anyway.
I don't think the OP was offended by the heaps itselves, I think he is quite rightfully offended by the intention of those heaps being deliberately placed all over the map. As I mentioned in my previous post, you wouldn't take your time to place all those heaps all over the place, especially to places where they are not going to be seen by the majority, if you don't have a specific motive.
PS5 / FS22
SilverNewsYT

Post by SilverNewsYT »

I like the details. It are a realism to the game
JohnDeereLimo

Post by JohnDeereLimo »

It's obviously a hint at the street sweeper dlc.