Ravenport Garbage heaps

Mancsguy

Re: Ravenport Garbage heaps

Post by Mancsguy »

I play Ravenscroft a lot , the only place the trash bothers me is where they expect you to place your starter farm , I would love to be able to use the edit land option and remove it there and those fences , Until that happens , if it happens , i have planted trees all the way round the fences to hide it
W1der

Post by W1der »

The garbage is there to create lag/ frame drops ... nothing else! :lol:
[Win11] Intel Core i9-13900F Tray 5.6GHz / MSI RTX4090 24GB GDDR6 / 2x16GB 5600MHz DDR5
tim1972

Post by tim1972 »

Totally agree, way to much trash on the map. As a map maker I understand the need for background fill but the way trash was used at every possible point was either intentional or down right lazy. Giants team really dropped the ball on there perspective of what a real American farm should look like. And when compared to felsbern they are like day and night in every aspect. Its actually sad that this even took place in a farming game.
FarmerJeff

Post by FarmerJeff »

Ravenport’s trash cans are actually empty, thus people throw trash at them with zero success, implying UCLA’s basketball recruiters have good reason to ignore the area. Even if nowhere else, vehicle shop employees would clean their area on a daily basis for appearance’s sake and good public relations. I hit 300 hours on Ravenport yesterday.
Husqvarna TS 352

Post by Husqvarna TS 352 »

If you waste your time looking at trash all day then you obviously didn't buy the game to play as a farming game!
G'day
Knottypine

Post by Knottypine »

Aholz89 wrote: Mon Jan 21, 2019 7:14 pm When people make maps on their own they usually add a lot of trash around the map for decoration. I don't see anyone complain about that? But when GIANTS does it, then gloves come off?
Can you point me to a mod map that is littered with as much trash as Ravenport? Genuinely curious. I've played a couple of mod maps and they are amazing. Any trash placement (decoration) made sense in the mods I've played. Placed with some thought and added to that particular atmosphere.

Ravenport, however, wow. The OP is correct, it's just too much. Literally, it's everywhere. Overused. I think the trash assets were unnecessarily used too much. I really don't mind the trash in certain places where you'd expect you'd see some... but man oh man, Ravenport is just over the top. IMHO.

Anyway, I'm happily playing on mod maps with an adequate amount of trash, so I don't really care about Ravenport. But seriously, I'm questioning where people live when this shear amount of trash is the expected norm.
Aholz89

Post by Aholz89 »

Knottypine wrote: Mon Jan 21, 2019 10:47 pm Can you point me to a mod map that is littered with as much trash as Ravenport? Genuinely curious. I've played a couple of mod maps and they are amazing. Any trash placement (decoration) made sense in the mods I've played. Placed with some thought and added to that particular atmosphere.
I had no particular mod map in mind(as I have no complaints), just tried to use it as an example on how people react to GIANTS way of doing things.

If people get offended by the trash then its up to them, just amazed by all the threads made for this particular topic.

To sum up what I tried to say, I seriously doubt there is some political statement from GIANTS regarding this issue.
Came here for information, stayed for the entertainment.
Knottypine

Post by Knottypine »

I agree that people shouldn't get offended by it, and I don't believe that was the intent. I just really think it was an overused asset in the vanilla map. And it's not like I was going around searching for it, it's just everywhere, kind of in-your-face sort of thing. There are a TON of threads on this topic... I don't recall Giants responding. I'm not in the US, I'm in Canada. All I know is it's not THAT trashy here.

To sum it up, the trash isn't a bad thing... just the amount of it. A map designer had to physically place all of it. They could have had another variation of a trash can that was actually used as one, instead of the same repeat of litter surrounding them. Guess American's love their tuna! :) Also, OT... some vehicle hoists were placed in areas that would be physically impossible to utilize. This shows me the level of attention to detail the map designer paid to the creation of Ravenport.
ace54858

Post by ace54858 »

what about the lack of no power line's on any of the pole's and the street sign's laying in the road or on the side of the road all over on ravenport but yet on felsburn there are no road sign's laying around and there are power line's on the pole's well.
Husqvarna TS 352

Post by Husqvarna TS 352 »

And the sigh that says bridge ahead just out of the town and there's no bridge
G'day
TaintedBlackCat

Post by TaintedBlackCat »

Op do you have a guilty conscience about littering or something. As if GIANTS all sat around pondering ways they could offend North Americans. Why would you be offended by a poor rendition of a farming region very loosely based on a fictional place located somewhere in your huge country. Pretty sad...have you considered that maybe Ravenport had just celebrated a milestone birthday parade? Maybe the rubbish on the beach and in the bins was left after such an occasion? Or what if!? The rubbish was created in preparation for an upcoming trash removal DLC release!? Maybe we 'll get street sweepers, rubbish trucks (sanitation trucks) and a spiked stick and rubbish bag as hand tools, then the offended parties can clean up Ravenport together on multiplayer and stop repeatedly starting new "I hate Ravenport, it offends me😢" threads.
I'm not perfect..but I'm Australian, and that's pretty damn close!!🐈 . Ex Royal Australian Navy sailor. Moved to New Zealand recently to dairy farm in New Zealand. 600 milking cows. Running old Duetz Fahr Agrostar 6.61
Addictedtofs

Post by Addictedtofs »

The one thing I noticed, in addition to the trash, is the house. It's cluttered and run down. It needs paint. The house on the German map is pristine.
Fear of the fool is the beginning of wisdom--The Book of Dawn and Dusk

Dragonborn, huh? Was it your ma or your pa that was the dragon?” --Hadvar

Commander set a course. There's coffee in that nebula.--Admiral Catherine Janeway
erict43

Post by erict43 »

I don't play much on Ravenport because the trash looks shabby. But, not every farm area is clean and well-kept. To me it looks like an out-of-the way lower-middle-class neighborhood. I think this map brings some variety, and I don't find it insulting as an American. Westbridge Hills was a US map and it looked like a Norman Rockwell painting, but nobody complained that it wasn't representative of the average US farm. Remember Chellington? Not a Giants map, obviously, but the main farm yard there looked like it was going to fall apart. But it was one of my favorite maps because it felt like a generations-old farm and I liked the atmosphere. How about Sosnovka? Think the Eastern Europeans get bent out of shape because parts of it look run down? That's my favorite Giants map precisely because of its character. I get that a lot of people don't like the look and feel of Ravenport, but I think many are taking it personally and I don't think that puts us Americans in a good light.
eustace_pharmer

Post by eustace_pharmer »

Jagtractor wrote: Mon Jan 21, 2019 7:47 pm Maybe the town is a bit much. But it's a town in a farm sim game. Who cares. I honestly don't know why they even add them. I've Put over a 100 hours in this game. And way more than that in previous games and I've never once driven through any town. Exception being goldcrest which was kinda impossible not to.
i actually really enjoyed Goldcrest. Giants did a great job with that in my opinion
You don't stop playing because you grow old
You grow old because you stop playing
http://www.youtube.com/c/eustacepharmer
eustace_pharmer

Post by eustace_pharmer »

Addictedtofs wrote: Tue Jan 22, 2019 2:54 am The one thing I noticed, in addition to the trash, is the house. It's cluttered and run down. It needs paint. The house on the German map is pristine.
Yeah, every house is a dump on Ravenport,lol. I need a paint brush mod.
You don't stop playing because you grow old
You grow old because you stop playing
http://www.youtube.com/c/eustacepharmer