Ravenport Garbage heaps

eustace_pharmer

Ravenport Garbage heaps

Post by eustace_pharmer »

This really stands out in stark contrast. I fly around Ravenport and noticed behind every business, under bridges, and every garbage can has trash overflowing on the ground.

I fly around Felsbrunn and there is not even 1 scrap of paper on the ground anyplace.

I feel your garbage models have been overused to the point that it's insulting. America is not a trash heap. If I made a map that takes place in another country I would have some respect and think about how things like that can be perceived by those who live in said country.
Where you base your company is a beautiful part of the world. Europe is overall a beautiful continent. America also has stunning beauty and we don't have heaps of trash all over the place. Yes, some places are run down trash heaps but the majority of us keep our land clean. Same thing with any part of Europe. There are nice places and not so nice places.
I am disappointed in you Giants. I expected better of you than to do something so evidently intentional.
I suspect there will be many who will rip me apart for this post but there are also many who feel as I do.

I would like to request in your next update that you please remove the overwhelming amount of trash you placed on Ravenport.
If you don't value the American dollar as much as other places then I certainly will not purchase another thing from this company.
Thank you, Eustace Pharmer
Before you bash me and call me ridiculous See my video below so you have a clear view of what I am claiming.
https://youtu.be/rt21jHdvL_s

Edit don_apple: moved from german to english section.
Last edited by eustace_pharmer on Sat Feb 02, 2019 4:38 pm, edited 2 times in total.
You don't stop playing because you grow old
You grow old because you stop playing
http://www.youtube.com/c/eustacepharmer
Smith Modding

Re: Ravenport Garbage heaps

Post by Smith Modding »

Good grief there has been several topics on this forum about the trash. It is NOT a political statement and is not meant to insult America or Americans in ANY WAY! It’s a simple technique to fill up a map and make it less empty. The fact that you’re insulted by a video game and some digital trash is kinda sad if I’m honest
Smith Modding Co.
Christian Based Modding
Isaiah 30:23- He will also send you rain for the seed you sow in the ground, and the food that comes from the land will be rich and plentiful. In that day your cattle will graze in broad meadows.:
Playing FS15-19 on PC
Playing too much FS19 :mrgreen:
Specs-
i5-7300HQ|NVIDIA GTX 1050ti|16GB DDR4 RAM|1TB/500GB SSD/256GB M.2|Windows 10
Aholz89

Post by Aholz89 »

I am having a blast playing on Ravenport and it has never crossed my mind. Why would they deliberatly make a map full of trash to make some sort of statement?

When people make maps on their own they usually add a lot of trash around the map for decoration. I don't see anyone complain about that? But when GIANTS does it, then gloves come off?

For your information there has been numerous threads about this topic. I usually ignore these threads, but I seriously doubt that GIANTS agenda was to make America look bad in any way.
Came here for information, stayed for the entertainment.
eustace_pharmer

Smith Modding wrote: Mon Jan 21, 2019 7:14 pm Good grief there has been several topics on this forum about the trash. It is NOT a political statement and is not meant to insult America or Americans in ANY WAY! It’s a simple technique to fill up a map and make it less empty. The fact that you’re insulted by a video game and some digital trash is kinda sad if I’m honest
you're entitled to your opinion and I have mine. You don't have to be insulting. Filling a map with trash is not a simple technique. Moreover, I am not insulted by a video game. I am insulted by the "technique" and the creator of the game.
Smith Modding

Post by Smith Modding »

Why are you insulted though??? It isn’t a political statement it isn’t them trying to be rude it’s just trash. Ive barely noticed it. And yes I live in America. There’s no reason to be offended by it
Smith Modding Co.
Christian Based Modding
Isaiah 30:23- He will also send you rain for the seed you sow in the ground, and the food that comes from the land will be rich and plentiful. In that day your cattle will graze in broad meadows.:
Playing FS15-19 on PC
Specs-
eustace_pharmer

Aholz89 wrote: Mon Jan 21, 2019 7:14 pm I am having a blast playing on Ravenport and it has never crossed my mind. Why would they deliberatly make a map full of trash to make some sort of statement?

When people make maps on their own they usually add a lot of trash around the map for decoration. I don't see anyone complain about that? But when GIANTS does it, then gloves come off?

For your information there has been numerous threads about this topic. I usually ignore these threads, but I seriously doubt that GIANTS agenda was to make America look bad in any way.
When modders make a map it typically depicts their owm country/region. If I made a map of Switzerland I would not trash it as I have respect for other peoples' country and I would not portray it as a trash heap. I enjoy Ravenport like you do. That's why I put it into the editor to remove the mess. Why doesn't Felsbrunn have any of this so-called decoration? Golden animal statues, flowers and grass is the "Decoration" there. Why is that do you think???
eustace_pharmer

Smith Modding wrote: Mon Jan 21, 2019 7:22 pm Why are you insulted though??? It isn’t a political statement it isn’t them trying to be rude it’s just trash. Ive barely noticed it. And yes I live in America. There’s no reason to be offended by it
Not sure how you can barerly notice if you have played more than 15 minutes on the map but ok.....
Smith Modding

Post by Smith Modding »

I haven’t noticed it because I’m too busy looking at the tractors, the buildings, the landscape, and a bunch of other stuff that makes the map look good. Yes, there is trash. But in movies, American farms are generally portrayed as run down and rural- and if giants uses that as their inspiration, than that’s what it’s gonna look like. Again, it’s not offensive or demeaning to the country... I don’t see why you think it is
Smith Modding Co.
Christian Based Modding
Playing FS15-19 on PC
Specs-
Aholz89

Post by Aholz89 »

This may not be completely on topic, but does this bother you in other games as well? The way gamemakers make maps based on countries but in a way it may come across as trashy?

Back on topic, I can honestly say this has not crossed my mind in this game. If you feel this is so big of a problem I suggest you should contact the company directly through their website.

Everyone is entiteled to their opinion. In my opinion both maps are top quality and gives you the option to choose the area that suits you.
eustace_pharmer

Smith Modding wrote: Mon Jan 21, 2019 7:28 pm I haven’t noticed it because I’m too busy looking at the tractors, the buildings, the landscape, and a bunch of other stuff that makes the map look good. Yes, there is trash. But in movies, American farms are generally portrayed as run down and rural- and if giants uses that as their inspiration, than that’s what it’s gonna look like. Again, it’s not offensive or demeaning to the country... I don’t see why you think it is
Well there ya go. You spend more time looking at tractors and buildings. I see a much bigger picture. Regarding rural farms I grew up in a rural farm area and my family owned two large farms. Immaculate because we have pride in our community and our property. Not every farmer runs a dump zone. I have been across America many times and I have been on many farms and a very small percentage look like a junk yard. I have never been to a town that has every place of business overflowing with trash. Take a closer look next time you drive your tractor around the map. How would you feel if it was your town? You want folks outside the country to think we live like that?
Jagtractor

Post by Jagtractor »

To be fair. I have seen some real dirty farms around. And I've seen clean ones as well. They simply made a map that wasn't exactly the same as fellsbrun. It gives it character. Something people would be complaining about if they didn't add character. Look at the buildings around the map. It is obviously a run down area. Pretty basic decorating I'd say for a run down old farmland. Which do in fact exist in this reality.
Maybe its trash day and the garbage man hasn't been out yet.
Everyone is offended so easily.
PC and PS4 Pro
been playing on pc lately.
eustace_pharmer

Aholz89 wrote: Mon Jan 21, 2019 7:36 pm This may not be completely on topic, but does this bother you in other games as well? The way gamemakers make maps based on countries but in a way it may come across as trashy?

Back on topic, I can honestly say this has not crossed my mind in this game. If you feel this is so big of a problem I suggest you should contact the company directly through their website.

Everyone is entiteled to their opinion. In my opinion both maps are top quality and gives you the option to choose the area that suits you.
I am contacting the Company. This is their forum and I assume they see what is posted. Regarding other games, If a developer makes a game about zombie apocalypse or some other heavy theme based concept I would expect blight. This is a farm game last I checked. The euro map doesn't deserve any type of trash modeling? Just the American map? Please.....
eustace_pharmer

I've said my peace and that's all I came here to do. I hope Giants will see the post and take pause. That was my goal. Thank you for your opinions.
Jagtractor

Post by Jagtractor »

Maybe the town is a bit much. But it's a town in a farm sim game. Who cares. I honestly don't know why they even add them. I've Put over a 100 hours in this game. And way more than that in previous games and I've never once driven through any town. Exception being goldcrest which was kinda impossible not to.
PC and PS4 Pro
been playing on pc lately.
Aholz89

Post by Aholz89 »

I was referring to support at their website , support@giants-software.com.

Probably a good chance to get a statement directly from them regarding this issue.

It is a farming game, yes and trash really does not bother me in any way. Neither do I think any less about America. They have a lot of America to cram into a small map to please everyone.