Ravenport Garbage heaps

RODHA

Re: Ravenport Garbage heaps

Post by RODHA »

Now I get your point Eustace. Thank you for doing this.
I had no idea on the scale of it cause I hadn't see %80 of it while farming.

It is quite clear that it was intentional. Especially when you compare it with Felsbrunn.

I really wonder Giants reasoning behind that but I doubt we will ever get an answer.

Edit by Guil. No need to post the same YouTube link a second time.
PS5 / FS22
Michael5941

Post by Michael5941 »

eustace_pharmer wrote: Mon Jan 28, 2019 7:45 am
Smith Modding wrote: Mon Jan 21, 2019 7:14 pm Good grief there has been several topics on this forum about the trash. It is NOT a political statement and is not meant to insult America or Americans in ANY WAY! It’s a simple technique to fill up a map and make it less empty. The fact that you’re insulted by a video game and some digital trash is kinda sad if I’m honest
Too bad you are so rude. If I recall your name correctly, you did a map called Smokey Mountains in FS 15? The one with the Billy Graham cross on the hill? I enjoyed that map and actually made a video about it. I had no idea an individual so seemily religious could be so rude.
I shant partake in your maps if you manage to make one in the future. Shame on you.
Smith makes mods for free I highly doubt he cares if you partake in his maps at all. Lets say i was a map maker and I created a map in your home country and made it a trashy map as my map is 60 years old and has a mayor who doesn't care, and a lot of the buildings are abandoned, would you get offended (probably) if not then how do you know that wasn't giants idea, like I said Solnovaka was also a map that was poorly maintained. Adding trash and deteriorated buildings to a map is common in video games as it adds a lived in feel and gives a map character, lone oak farm was based in America and the farm yard had junk on it from rubble piles and rusty trailers no one got offended by that? Point being is it is map design nothing else, from what I could gather is Giants usually has 1 clean map and 1 trashy map in fs17 the clean map was Goldcrest vally, the trashy map was Solnovak. In fs19 the trashy map is Ravenport the clean map is Felsbrunn. I watched your proof video and it doesn't prove anything it does show Ravenport is trashed as felsbrunn is spotless but that doesn't mean Giants is insulting us, it could mean exactly what I said. Also calling us "fanboys" and "defending" giants is a pathetic and sad excuse to put yourself in the right and us in the wrong. I promise you I'm not defending giants I'm just using common sense that trash in maps has been common since forever ago, also I don't wine and complain over something simple on a game, thats like saying I'll get hurt for someone calling me a *$#%§* when that's not true it a word it shouldn't bother anyone nor should a map in a video game.
PS4 User(PSN- LoneWolf5841)
Enjoying FS19 on PS4
Thanks to the modders for the wonderful work they do, Happy Farming :hi:
Guil

Post by Guil »

Smith and smithy are different modders, I'm not sure if Smith has ever made a map but I can't say for certain.
BearClaw

Post by BearClaw »

"Build the farm of your dreams" they say, but in ravenport the house is shabby and looks bad, so there went the "american dream" of a ranch , seriously, why cant we use the EU house on ravenport ?
I love the smell of farming better than the profit
RODHA

Post by RODHA »

RODHA wrote: Mon Jan 28, 2019 8:41 am Edit by Guil. No need to post the same YouTube link a second time.
Looked for it first but couldn't see it.
It wasn't intentional. Sorry :smileynew:
PS5 / FS22
Michael5941

Post by Michael5941 »

BearClaw wrote: Mon Jan 28, 2019 12:56 pm "Build the farm of your dreams" they say, but in ravenport the house is shabby and looks bad, so there went the "american dream" of a ranch , seriously, why cant we use the EU house on ravenport ?
This is something I could support, I wish both houses was available for both maps I prefer the Felsbrunn house as it had a garage it would be nice to have the option to use that house on Ravenport
PS4 User(PSN- LoneWolf5841)
Enjoying FS19 on PS4
Thanks to the modders for the wonderful work they do, Happy Farming :hi:
Guil

Post by Guil »

RODHA wrote: Mon Jan 28, 2019 12:59 pm
Looked for it first but couldn't see it.
It wasn't intentional. Sorry :smileynew:
Not to worry, we are all human.
redglasses

Post by redglasses »

Can someone remind me how many of these thread have been made since launch?

Anyways, its just a map, if you dont like it dont play it, I dont see whats so wrong with that.
Playing Lincoln Creek on PC
Upload your screenshots here: IMG server
My Discord
Remember there is no need to spread your manure around the forums :wink3:
Jack of all trades, master of the skid steer
Aholz89

Post by Aholz89 »

I've spent a lot of time on this map now and having a blast. Really like the "warm" feel to it.

Took a tour around the map and I have actually seen some of the infamous trash and still can't see the issue. I would blame the birds or racoons.

Couple of questions. What exactly is a satisfactory solution here? Are you demanding GIANTS to clean up Ravenport? Should they just be ashamed?

Can't remember this campaign to clean up Soznovka in FS17.
Came here for information, stayed for the entertainment.
Tomazius96

Post by Tomazius96 »

People nowadays get triggered and offended way too quickly. Its just a map guys! No need to get that talk on political level, no need for conspiracy theories.
sittinhere

Post by sittinhere »

Michael5941 wrote: Sun Jan 27, 2019 6:02 am
drb wrote: Sun Jan 27, 2019 5:40 am
Beastofwar wrote: Sun Jan 27, 2019 2:37 am Fact is one map we got looks antiquated and rundown
Was the same not true of FS17? Though I don't recall anyone complaining about Sosnovka looking run down, it had a similar weathered look to it.
It was definitely run down. I live in America myself and the run down trashy map of Ravenport doesn't offend me, a ran down look gives a map character and a lived in feel, sosnovka had the exact same layout, I really don't understand why people gets offended over it as it's a fictional map, so this fictional location is just a bit poorly maintained just like IRL there is plenty of places that are run down, the town i live in, in alabama, there is definitely some poorly maintained areas filled with trash and a few abandoned buildings that has vines growing up the side (that'll give you an idea of how long it's been there) point being is no matter where you go every country is going to have at least 1 trashy location. In Fs17 we Americans had a spotless map and Sosnovka was poorly maintained in fs19 it was our turn to have a poorly maintained map, Giant is definitely not trying to insult us Americans they would be stupid to do so as it would hurt their business as it could cause a lot of people who got offended by it to never buy their products again. (Even if they was purposely insulting us I would still play and support them and honestly wouldn't blame them for doing such as 90% of americans are @ssholes anyway, I know I live in America lol. For the rest of the world I have yet to meet an @sshole like for example the UK everyone I have met that lives in the UK have been the nicest people I have ever met, same goes for other countries, I'm sure every country has @ssholes in them but point is I've noticed they are a lot more common here in the states than anywhere else)
Finally! Agree with ya, it is just a game
sittinhere

Post by sittinhere »

Smith Modding wrote: Mon Jan 21, 2019 7:14 pm Good grief there has been several topics on this forum about the trash. It is NOT a political statement and is not meant to insult America or Americans in ANY WAY! It’s a simple technique to fill up a map and make it less empty. The fact that you’re insulted by a video game and some digital trash is kinda sad if I’m honest
Too bad you are so rude. If I recall your name correctly, you did a map called Smokey Mountains in FS 15? The one with the Billy Graham cross on the hill? I enjoyed that map and actually made a video about it. I had no idea an individual so seemily religious could be so rude.
I shant partake in your maps if you manage to make one in the future. Shame on you.
Before you insult someone, might want to do a little background check. This person never made that map.
Smith Modding

Post by Smith Modding »

sittinhere wrote: Mon Jan 28, 2019 4:24 pm
Before you insult someone, might want to do a little background check. This person never made that map.
Yeah I’ve never made a map. In fact, none of my mods ended up going public because of personal problems and family stuff. I just haven’t changed my name :lol:
Smith Modding Co.
Christian Based Modding
Isaiah 30:23- He will also send you rain for the seed you sow in the ground, and the food that comes from the land will be rich and plentiful. In that day your cattle will graze in broad meadows.:
Playing FS15-19 on PC
Playing too much FS19 :mrgreen:
Specs-
i5-7300HQ|NVIDIA GTX 1050ti|16GB DDR4 RAM|1TB/500GB SSD/256GB M.2|Windows 10
chedly_farms

Post by chedly_farms »

I'm more offended we didn't get proper row crop tires to use on the dirty American map.
Currently Playing on XBoxOne : Elm Creek

-----> And "Thank You Modders" for your contributions <----
Beastofwar

Post by Beastofwar »

Haha these comments under the YT video had me laughing all the time. There are a LOT of insulted Americans.

While they do have long toes they do have a point. The garbage doesn't bother me and i barely noticed it ( doesn't smell in a game, didnt see rats either ) but i am not an American.
Intel i5 3570K 3.40 GHZ (Quad Core)
8 GB Memory DDR3
R9 280 GFX card 3GB DDR5
1x 64GB SDD 1x 128 GB SDD 1x 1TB HDD
Win 10 Professional 64 bit