Best map-mod so far?

JohnDeere77

Best map-mod so far?

Post by JohnDeere77 »

I know there is a lot of different preferences, but I still dare to ask the question. Whats the best mod-map so far? And whats great about it?
Plays on pc, hardmode and loves grinding
Knottypine

Re: Best map-mod so far?

Post by Knottypine »

My personal opinions...

I've been playing a lot on Honey Dew XL. I like it as it's a 4x map, has some very large fields, mostly flat, and a few areas to place placeables. The main farm area is quite large and you can outfit it pretty well with pretty much everything you need.

Very recently, what I've been waiting for, Stevie released a test version of Fenton Forest. It's a 1x map, and he has spent a lot of time detailing the map. It's quite impressive, and really feels like a farm town. The only downside is that the main farm area cannot be sold and redesigned. WYSIWYG. Although it's layout is meticulously done. Once the testing is over and V1 is officially released, it'll probably be my main map to play on until (big IF) Stevie works on a 4x map like he did in 17.
Goose66

Post by Goose66 »

I'd agree with that. Fenton is a lovely map. He's releasing test map 2 this weekend as a few issues have been fixed.
Sutton farm is another good map as is Rolling hills.
Playing on PC....Hollandscheveld maizeplus map
Suffolk, England
Discord ...Goose66
BreadedVirus

Post by BreadedVirus »

Rolling Hills, even though it's still in beta.
the big print giveth the small print taketh
erict43

Post by erict43 »

+1 for Fenton Forest, it's a great map, even in the testing phase. Honestly I'm not sure that I enjoy the farm-building aspect of the game, so it doesn't bother me at all to buy a farm that's already been set up by an expert map-maker. If you look closely at the map, you can see the skeleton of Felsbrunn under the skin, but even so it's like a completely new locale. I enjoy Stevie's maps quite a bit.
Goose66

Post by Goose66 »

He's made a great yard and thankfully all the animals in one place. Silo takes everything and a ton of sheds etc
Yes it is a felsbrunn edit but superbly done. And one hell of a forest area too.
A big plus is the reset point is at the farm.
Suffolk, England
Discord ...Goose66
Electsilver8

Post by Electsilver8 »

Right now I'm playing on Michigan map. Good size map, big fields, mostly leveled. Some of the sell places have been renamed as McDonalds for the eggs, Wendy's, not sure what it for. And a couple of others. I've put in over 50 hours so far and still going strong.
JohnDeere77

Post by JohnDeere77 »

Tx for the feedback everybody! Im playing Felsbrun atm, but only to make money until seasons are out. Im planning to move to a new map when I know wich maps will work with seasons. Personally I would like to try a bigger map(4k), and not very found of the narrow maps like the english.
Plays on pc, hardmode and loves grinding
PrincessJessi84

Post by PrincessJessi84 »

personally im looking for a small map but haven't found any to my taste yet.. but on that same note I only use a few sites and don't use facebook or anything so for all I know there could be something with my name all over it just waiting for me to discover.. if anyone has any suggestions I would be really grateful.. I just cant play the base maps anymore.. they r nice.. imo easily the most detailed maps giants has made to date.. but idk.. I just don't feel them
https://fs19communitytrader.freeforums.net/
PC
PC - Ryzen 7-2700 8core, 32gb ram, 2x2tb SSD, RTX 2080 SUPER 8gb, GX-850 Gold PSU
Displays - ASUS ROG Strix XG43VQ 43” Super Ultra-Wide Curved HDR Gaming Monitor 120Hz (3840 x 1200)
Samsung CFG70 27" Curved gaming Monitor 144HZ (1920 x 1080)
2x 24" Dell Monitors
Controllers - T150 Pro, Side Panel, TrackIR7, TM Stick
Goose66

Post by Goose66 »

Try Bettingen jessi. Smallish map, cheap land and placeables areas. Modhoster has it.
Suffolk, England
Discord ...Goose66
oneway

Post by oneway »

I'm not sure what you're looking for but this is a nice little map. It feels right, much like Stevie's Fenton. Here's the name: ZWEISTERNHOF GP V2.0 It appears to be on several sites but I don't know who the original creator was, I'm just learning about bots and uploads. Such a messy business.....
PC USER
IceUul

Post by IceUul »

I have downloaded and checked all the maps so far for FS19, i kept two...

1. Fenton Forest by stevie - based by Felsbrun
2. Aussie Outback - very nice Australian map, what is based by Estancia Lapacho.

Also from mentions here, i tried Rolling Hills and Michigan map, i think they needs lot of improvements, they feel like in alpha stage, but future could keep an eye on them.
oneway

Post by oneway »

Ice I liked Aussie Outback as well but I tried doing grass for hay and the tedder didn't work, the grass was not flipping over. Maybe I was doing something wrong.... I did enjoy the massive fields and wide open spaces though.
PC USER
sootysax

Post by sootysax »

Wesby Wisconsin is the most realistic map ive seen in FS, even if its not quite playable yet.
CSGamer

Post by CSGamer »

Id have to say Michigan map, love how the sell points are realistic (McDonald's, etc...)
Clover Creek, map maker did a very good job on making the map look like it goes on forever
Fenton Forrest by Stevie, always loved Stevie's maps as he does great work