How are you making money?

chedly_farms

How are you making money?

Post by chedly_farms »

This is a question for those of you out there who didn't do any type of money cheat or flipping fields or anything like that. All my maps I started on 17 that lasted over 100 hours all involved me not using any type of money cheat other than gold nuggets. And I do have to say even on easy economy settings, it's a decent amount of work to build up funds. And with all that said, I'm actually enjoying myself.

To start on Felsbrunn, I maxed out my loan and bought of the four fields to the left of our starting farm. But my OCD kicked in, and I "have" to pay that loan off. So I find myself doing missions to pay the loan down, and my harvest to build up funds for fields and equipment. Eventually I want to get a dairy farm going as well. I got 40+ hours in and have paid 250,000 down on the loan, and have about 230,000 worth of grain saved up. The hard go at it kind of makes purchase decision not just something like a binge purchase. Anyone else enjoy the grind? Also what techniques are you using?
Currently Playing on XBoxOne : Elm Creek

-----> And "Thank You Modders" for your contributions <----
gordon861

Re: How are you making money?

Post by gordon861 »

Don't worry too much about paying off the loan unless you have surplus funds, it's normally less than 5k per day which is easily made from a single mission.

Best missions are the fertilising ones, get a small tractor and the kuhn sprayer and front tank and just use that to do the missions.
--------------
Hey Giants, when are you going to pull your head out of your backsides and actually talk to us?
TacoFarmer

Post by TacoFarmer »

Fertilizing missions,harvesting missions with my own machines.
Growing soybeans,cotton.
I now have 3 large chicken coops,they make a little $$$ every few days.
Wishing I could move my extra chickens into coops.
300 hours in and I spend every $ I make!!!
PS4
Farm Happy My Friends.
WestBridge Hills-EL Bubbling FartZ Rancho Edition

You cant polish a turd ......but you can paint it GREEN and YELLOW .
Seedy

Post by Seedy »

I am new to the franchise, so I keep trying stuff out, and spending all my cash. But now that I don't have to fiddle with the silage bales and frontloader, thanks to the ursa trailer, I can make enough to play around with stuff. Still can't afford the biogas thing.
chedly_farms

Post by chedly_farms »

gordon861 wrote: Mon Jan 21, 2019 11:59 pm Don't worry too much about paying off the loan unless you have surplus funds, it's normally less than 5k per day which is easily made from a single mission.

Best missions are the fertilising ones, get a small tractor and the kuhn sprayer and front tank and just use that to do the missions.
It's not the loan payment that is the issue, in real life I don't like having debt, so it carries over to the game, lol.

erict43

Post by erict43 »

Making money by gradual expansion! Easy economy feels just right to me. The money is easy to come by, but it still takes some time and effort to progress. Buying fields whenever I can, and upgrading equipment when I need to. I shamelessly max out my loan - the interest rate is so low that buying fields with borrowed money is a stellar investment. Wish I could get that kind of return IRL!
Super T Agriculture

Post by Super T Agriculture »

Fertilizer missions are the money maker for me. If I know I'm playing for a good few hours I'll set a worker off harvesting a large potato or beet field mission and check back to sell the crop every so often whilst I'm working my own farm, the payout for a large harvesting mission as well as the leftover crop sale usually makes a good chunk of money.

And horses. I have the smaller enclosure that holds up to eight horses. I'll buy two every couple of game days and I'm just about to start selling off the first pair. They'll be my ticket to paying off my pretty much maxed out loan.
Phigo

Post by Phigo »

On the first try I started on Ravenport on hard mode (pre-patch) and it was hard for me to get to a Point, where I do make some Money. There where no missions (due to bugs) and I started with the small fields in the south-east area. That was a mistake.

After the patch I started all over in farm-Manager with normal economy to build up a wool and Cotton farm. I bought most of the stuff for that and settled on Field 7. To get a regular income I bought the small JD harvester and went for soybeens.

After almost 100 hours I managed to pay back all the loan. I have maxed out the small sheep pen, bought Fields 6 and 12, 2 Horses (not more, because I don't want to ride an hour per ingame-day or so). I expanded my Business to a small animal farm. I just bought a small cow pasture. Still no loan and got an amount of about 500 k.

Yesterday I checked, if I could buy the big Field 8 for 1.2 Million $ on loan. The bank would let me but it is a bit too much loan for me... I think I'll go either with the bga or field 13 (maybe 5 North the river). Don't know what I plant on that field, but at one Point I want to sell all my Stuff to get the 10.000.000 $-Trophy.

And then I'll go to the next map.
PS4 und PC
Crazof

Post by Crazof »

I started on new farmer ravenport, sold everything and bought field 8, the first harvest got me around $275k if I remember right, since then I have expanded to 11, 12, 10, 9 and just got 7

A big money maker is to mow the grass around the edges of the fields and make silage bales. Field 8 & 11 were the first two I started doing this with and would get around 75 bales each time.

I don't know how many bales I've gotten in the current game day as I'm still working on them but as of last evening I sold another load, made 57 more bales still to wrap and have sold $731,055, problem is I'm kind of getting tired of it, I'd guess my last 6 hrs of game play has been nothing but grass work

I have done no farm building and own very little equipment and have stuck to soybean and canola to avoid plow work and cultivators. Amazon condor does the tillage, fertilizer and seeding all in one pass.
deddycantshoot

Post by deddycantshoot »

cotton,missions and horses.No cheats on normal getting wealthy.Also made lots of cash on bio gas silage before they nerfed the price.
bossmanslim

Post by bossmanslim »

Cotton mainly, with some grass silage when I get time.
chedly_farms

Post by chedly_farms »

Super T Agriculture wrote: Tue Jan 22, 2019 7:29 am Fertilizer missions are the money maker for me. If I know I'm playing for a good few hours I'll set a worker off harvesting a large potato or beet field mission and check back to sell the crop every so often whilst I'm working my own farm, the payout for a large harvesting mission as well as the leftover crop sale usually makes a good chunk of money.

And horses. I have the smaller enclosure that holds up to eight horses. I'll buy two every couple of game days and I'm just about to start selling off the first pair. They'll be my ticket to paying off my pretty much maxed out loan.
By far, I feel fertilizer missions make the most money as quickly as you can. I have the Fendt 515 hooked up to a sprayer and am constantly making 20-30 thousand per day on contracts.

I had an earlier farm I money cheated on and since deleted. But I did horses on that. At first it was cool, but after a while, riding them seems more of a chore than real life cleaning the car.

chedly_farms

Post by chedly_farms »

Crazof wrote: Tue Jan 22, 2019 12:45 pm I started on new farmer ravenport, sold everything and bought field 8, the first harvest got me around $275k if I remember right, since then I have expanded to 11, 12, 10, 9 and just got 7

A big money maker is to mow the grass around the edges of the fields and make silage bales. Field 8 & 11 were the first two I started doing this with and would get around 75 bales each time.

I don't know how many bales I've gotten in the current game day as I'm still working on them but as of last evening I sold another load, made 57 more bales still to wrap and have sold $731,055, problem is I'm kind of getting tired of it, I'd guess my last 6 hrs of game play has been nothing but grass work

I have done no farm building and own very little equipment and have stuck to soybean and canola to avoid plow work and cultivators. Amazon condor does the tillage, fertilizer and seeding all in one pass.
On 15 it was ridiculous the money you got from silage bales. They merged it a bit on 17, but I still remember grinding out silage bales to get my Fendt 828. But I've gotten to the point that silage bales over and over again is very mind numbing. That being said, I would like to do it small scale again.

deddycantshoot

Post by deddycantshoot »

also something i have found,and i havent saw anyone else talking about.The stara drivable sprayer fertilzer combo is by far the most the most efficient spreader of dry fertilizer.I mean by a considerable amount.It does seem to require a bit more maintence.
BudMizeSter420

Post by BudMizeSter420 »

I started solar panel farming, started with the beginners farm, sold all the equipment, borrowed a million from the bank. The large solar panels are 150,000 each. pays out 820 per hour. In 3.5 game play hours and 30 in game days. I make over 11 million every 24 hours. In 50 in game days my bank account is 150,000,000+ SOLAR FARMING MAKES BIG MONEY