Map idea - fields with trees

Berek

Map idea - fields with trees

Post by Berek »

Well I was wondering about a small map with an idyllic valley including a tiny village with sell points and an animal dealer. Maybe a nice river running through it. There are no fields on it just meadows with tree groups all around. The hills round the valley have forests with sawmill and other wood industry.
Thanks for the developers CoursePlay is at the corner so with this kind of a map, the start from scratch could have a different meaning.
First you have to clean the meadows for creating fields and a farm. Sell your crop at the village, doing forestry in the hills.
Does anyone seen a map like this for fs19?
I mean something like Kootenay Valley for Fs17:
https://www.modland.net/farming-simulat ... v-1.2.html
I think these kind of maps have much more gaming value in fs19 because of the new features like terraforming and designing unique farms at the place you want.
PC
CSGamer

Re: Map idea - fields with trees

Post by CSGamer »

I did a video today on a map sort of like the one you describe here called Black mountain montana, for PC, lots of forestry, few fields, few sell points, etc...
Berek

Post by Berek »

CSGamer wrote: Thu Jan 24, 2019 5:17 am I did a video today on a map sort of like the one you describe here called Black mountain montana, for PC, lots of forestry, few fields, few sell points, etc...
Yes, that was one of my favourite maps in fs17. I haven't seen it in fs19 yet. I'd like to check it if you have info where could it be downloaded from. Although using the benefits of the new farm design tools I would prefer a map without fields as I mentioned before.
But anyway thanks much for the suggestion! - I'm gonna check your video enty!
PC
Berek

Post by Berek »

Oh, Yes! I've found it:
http://americaneaglesmodding.com/index. ... ;down=1722
As a first look (without playing it), max respect for the map maker!
PC
jpm1

Post by jpm1 »

Berek wrote: Tue Jan 22, 2019 11:37 am First you have to clean the meadows for creating fields and a farm. Sell your crop at the village, doing forestry in the hills.
Does anyone seen a map like this for fs19?
you mean cutting even more trees. the concept isn't selling much at the era of global warming. but i saw such maps on PC yeah. not especially 'cut, and plant', but with definitely lot of forest. generally big maps offer such scenarios. as the game is limited with 63 fields, you have to put stuff into the rest
Berek

Post by Berek »

Playing videogames is not a good concept as well. The energy consumption of a PC is huge if you play a detailed game. Don't mind it, just a joke. :)

In FS17 I was playing the game with seasons and CP mods. Forestry was a winter activity, usually farming was the main scope.

I catch your point that clearing forest in order to have area for farming is morally questionable. Lets reach the point from a different point of view: you have a neglected farmland, maybe it is heritage and the nature claimed it back some way. (for example trees or small tree groups turned up )
If you would like to restart farming, first you have to clear the area. -> not a big difference but a bit more ecofriendly somehow... :)
PC
Wivout

Post by Wivout »

Alien Jim's map was this idea for fs17

Spectacle Island
oneway

Post by oneway »

I have registered with american eagles modding but have never heard back.....disappointing. I was looking forward to trying Black Mountain.
PC USER
jpm1

Post by jpm1 »

i saw a huge German map like this recently, but sadly i forgot its name. wait maybe it was Hop fach or something, absolutely not sure :mrgreen:
CSGamer

Post by CSGamer »

oneway wrote: Fri Jan 25, 2019 2:05 pm I have registered with american eagles modding but have never heard back.....disappointing. I was looking forward to trying Black Mountain.
If I remember correctly, you have to verify your email that you signed up to the site with, try checking your email and just open the email from them, click on verify email and you should be good to go.