Mod maps for consoles?

Jagtractor

Re: Mod maps for consoles?

Post by Jagtractor »

gilroy222 wrote: Fri Jan 25, 2019 12:17 am
I'll just say it... The customer is always right! Lol
I can agree slightly with this. However that line does have it's interesting takes on it. It is also the customers responsibility to research what he is buying. don't get me wrong, I am with you. I am a little underwhelmed this time around. But that is mainly cause we (console guys) were spoiled this time around. It's hard to go from a heavily modded game to a unmodded one. And the PC guys have been like this for ages. Some of them stating they aren't budging from their current game till courseplay or gps or seasons comes along. For the first time in fs history the console guys can make a claim like this as well.

I think this game is better then the base fs17 (I know I said it, but i mean when it was first released). Obviously it is behind compared to the 2 year old heavily modded fs17. I would be surprised to hear that gamers actually believed a unmodded base farm simulator game was going to outshine a modded one. These new games are ment to be a reset. Me and many others agree the game needs to have a longer lifespan before said reset happens. Unfortunately that will never happen cause money talks.

Its not Giants fault really. Should they have had season right from the start? yes, but this was expected. Should they have a glitch free game from the start? yes, but this was somewhat expected. Nothing about fs19 has surprised me other than the fact that people actually believed it was going to outshine fs 17 from the get go.

But it is what it is unfortunately and the sun will only rise higher from here on. I play fs19 now and have no intentions of returning to fs17. Even if some evenings it's quite tempting. I miss you Lone Oak
PC and PS4 Pro
been playing on pc lately.
gilroy222

Post by gilroy222 »

That's fair. Part of the reason it's been a let down is likely due to seasons not out yet and because westbridge and lone oak are my two favourite maps of all time.
j_maybury

Post by j_maybury »

I don't understand what your all saying here, Have I got this right, you want to know when you are going to get a map made by a PC Modder, for consoles? Why are you not asking Giants for the Giants Editor on consoles instead? That way you would get thousands of maps for consoles. Plus they have more chance of working first time!
TaintedBlackCat

Post by TaintedBlackCat »

@Jagtractor you cannot be serious?! Research the product? I did FFS..at no stage did GIANTS admit PRIOR to FS19 being released for pre-purchase that the landscaping mode would not be included, nor did they admit that the much hyped remake of the South American Estancia map would be missing. Or what about the 30 different vehicles and pieces of equipment that have been drip fed to us under guise of "GIANTS mods," pretty sure they were ment to be included too.

How could people know or even fathom that the game they were spending just under $100Au on would be released bug riddled with much hyped and blatantly false advertised missing content?! But yep, that's our fault alright. How were people to know?!

Console players spoilt? Haha PC users are just as bad.."when's courseplay coming? when's the GPS mod coming, when's seasons coming!?" pretty sure there's even a few recent topics on the lack of this courseplay mod that makes the game apparently "unplayable."

You cannot and should not blame the consumer for GIANTS' poor effort with FS19.
When you have brilliant and experienced modders going back to FS17 because of the train wreck that is 19 how can you blame the purchaser for not researching the product?

GIANTS don't need you to make excuses for their mistakes mate. They ****** up and although they are righting those mistakes slowly it doesn't change the fact that they were not ready to release the game on schedule. But hey, that's all our fault for purchasing the game and not researching the product..this has got to be the most ridiculous post ever on this forum..seriously, GIANTS won't thank you for your pi** poor attempt at defending them.

Poor effort @dagtractor, moderators can lock this thread or kick me out I don't mind..or maybe will make someone from GIANTS man up and apologise to their loyal fans. There are people out there, more than you think, who are disappointed in GIANTS at the moment for the disrespect they have shown to their fans.
I'm not perfect..but I'm Australian, and that's pretty damn close!!🐈 . Ex Royal Australian Navy sailor. Moved to New Zealand recently to dairy farm in New Zealand. 600 milking cows. Running old Duetz Fahr Agrostar 6.61
Jagtractor

Post by Jagtractor »

TaintedBlackCat wrote: Fri Jan 25, 2019 2:02 am @Jagtractor
Trust me, nobody is apologizing for anything. I had 19 from day one and yes estancia was right there waiting in the mod hub for me. Maybe I didn't research enough. But I knew quite a bit about this game over the months and never heard boo about the terraforming mode. If you knew this much about the game from before launch then I'm sure your watched some first look videos and saw that stuff wasn't there. You are free to cancel your pre reorder right up until release day you know.

Do the Giants mods really bother you that much? So they are adding them in through the modhub. No biggy. Now I don't have to have the old duetz or lamborghini or other tractors in my purchase list that i never used anymore.

I'm with ya. This game has a lot of failings. But me with my apparent inability to research, knew full well that this game would not be perfect and would have problems. As any game released in these times has.

Developers (not just giants) know that they can deal with some bugs after release and patch like crazy. I thought to everyone that was common knowledge.

I agree with you about the pc players though. maybe my comment seems to slam the console guys. (not my intention) i see more people asking for course play or gps and complaining that this game is in playable than I see console guys asking for maps.. Just an observation
PC and PS4 Pro
been playing on pc lately.
j_maybury

Post by j_maybury »

TaintedBlackCat wrote: Fri Jan 25, 2019 2:02 am @Jagtractor you cannot be serious?! Research the product? I did FFS..at no stage did GIANTS admit PRIOR to FS19 being released for pre-purchase that the landscaping mode would not be included, nor did they admit that the much hyped remake of the South American Estancia map would be missing. Or what about the 30 different vehicles and pieces of equipment that have been drip fed to us under guise of "GIANTS mods," pretty sure they were ment to be included too.

How could people know or even fathom that the game they were spending just under $100Au on would be released bug riddled with much hyped and blatantly false advertised missing content?! But yep, that's our fault alright. How were people to know?!
As a PC user I am pretty much used to the way Giants treats us and it normally works like this, Giants rip a lot of old stuff out of the game and put a lot of new stuff in whether we like it or not and brand it as a new game, then after that Giants have to hope that the moder's like it enough to make some mods for it, If I had to make a guess and I would say it is on a knifes edge right now, but I recon in six months time we will have forgotten all about FS17.
gilroy222

Post by gilroy222 »

I hope you are right ^.... has anyone who has been following heard any more about the Rollings Hills map for consoles?
BreadedVirus

Post by BreadedVirus »

gilroy222 wrote: Fri Feb 01, 2019 8:25 pm I hope you are right ^.... has anyone who has been following heard any more about the Rollings Hills map for consoles?
Did the modder say it’s coming to console?
the big print giveth the small print taketh
gilroy222

Post by gilroy222 »

He's said on his FB page and on the youtube page that he'll submit it and it's basically up to Giants whether it makes it through
JCByellowguy

Post by JCByellowguy »

Did not see anything myself about Rolling Hills coming to console.

Im waiting for Marwell Manor. Been in and out of testing this past week. Looks like a great map.

Also Blacksheep modding is close to finishing their old stream map
Xbox One Farmer
Yellow Farmer with some Red mixed in
Patrick73

Post by Patrick73 »

https://youtu.be/2rO5p0Vig6M The old stream farm
BreadedVirus

Post by BreadedVirus »

gilroy222 wrote: Sat Feb 02, 2019 12:21 am He's said on his FB page and on the youtube page that he'll submit it and it's basically up to Giants whether it makes it through
The map is not even close to being a finished product. Bugs galore. Not seen any updates at all for it since release...
the big print giveth the small print taketh
gilroy222

Post by gilroy222 »

that is great news