Skunkworks

Post by Skunkworks »

I was thinking that it would be nice to be able to change the avatar in game. The customisation options are thin, granted, however, for example it would be cool to be able to change your hat, so say you purchase a new set of equipment, you can get the equivalent cap if you wanted.

Just something small...

Thoughts?
GenXFarmer

Re: Avatar customization in game

Post by GenXFarmer »

There are about 100 brand hats to pick from in the game today.
Oh, I’m sorry, I thought this was America.
JCByellowguy

Post by JCByellowguy »

I started my save game with the Case IH hat and thought for sure you would be able to change hats within the save game but am disappointed myself to find out you cant.

I still have my Case IH starter equipment but now that im running all the latest JCB machines id like to change the hat to JCB.
Xbox One Farmer
Yellow Farmer with some Red mixed in
gordon861

Post by gordon861 »

Get a copy of Notepad+

It should be just a case of changing a number in an XML file within the save folder, but it might take a while to work out what number relates to what hat as there are a lot of them. Just create a new save with the hat you want, open the file and copy the numbers over.

But yes the options to change your toon are awful.
--------------
Hey Giants, when are you going to pull your head out of your backsides and actually talk to us?
Dusty1424

Post by Dusty1424 »

Hats ? Who cares ? The avatars don't look like any farmers I know , where's all the gnarly old guys and gals with hands like shovels , far better to let us pick from the list of farmers we do contracts for :biggrin2: *thumbsup*
Princeguardian

Post by Princeguardian »

:confusednew: :hi:
There isn't a dirty camo hat in the bunch! I thought all farmers had camo hats with their chosen brand name on them.
livesea72

Post by livesea72 »

Yea and it needs a giant fish hook in it and the front bill needs to be worn and tattered lol
FS13 xbox360/ FS15 ps4/xbox one/ FS17 xbox one/ps4pro platinum trophy /FS19 ps4pro platinum trophy/ FS 22 PC
BulletBill

Post by BulletBill »

I wanted beards as an option for facial hair...
:lol:
Addictedtofs

Post by Addictedtofs »

Y'all are crackin me up...idk if I'm allowed to share pics of myself, but I've got the faded camo hat with the hook in it, it says Lowe's hardware...I also have a huge beard. :lol:
Fear of the fool is the beginning of wisdom--The Book of Dawn and Dusk

Dragonborn, huh? Was it your ma or your pa that was the dragon?” --Hadvar

Commander set a course. There's coffee in that nebula.--Admiral Catherine Janeway
Princeguardian

Post by Princeguardian »

My wife tried to light one of my camo hats on fire. She was muttering something about how it had the bubonic plague because i would never let her wash it...darn thing wouldn't even light! So i have compromised and i let her wash them once a year. But yeah dirty camo hat, don't leave home without it!
Dusty1424

Post by Dusty1424 »

Here on the Black Isle beards and wooly hats are compulsory attire for farmers , we may have gone a bit off topic :neutralnew:
Skunkworks

Post by Skunkworks »

I was also thinking that branded overalls would be cool..... Like the caps they included, branded overalls would be pretty neat. Lots of work however.

It is cool when playing on pc that you can change some settings editing the save file, however obviously not possible on console.

Hopefully this may be considered, sometime when the bugs etc gets addressed down the line etc.