Map building in creative mode ?

WolfeUK

Map building in creative mode ?

Post by WolfeUK »

Now we have the ability to place buildings/farms and alter terrain, id love to make my own map, obviously not from scratch, but from existing, but id like to do so in a creative mode where money is no object, then be able to use that map as my map in game,

The reason, ive got no interest in wasting weeks of farming work to try and build a nice working map, i think this would be a good feature to add

Thoughts ?
XB1~PC....I do struggle to understand sometimes, but i try :mrgreen:
DirectCedar

Re: Map building in creative mode ?

Post by DirectCedar »

WolfeUK wrote: Fri Jan 25, 2019 11:32 pm Now we have the ability to place buildings/farms and alter terrain, id love to make my own map, obviously not from scratch, but from existing, but id like to do so in a creative mode where money is no object, then be able to use that map as my map in game,

The reason, ive got no interest in wasting weeks of farming work to try and build a nice working map, i think this would be a good feature to add

Thoughts ?
You can already do this on PC. Start with whatever map you want. Edit your savegame file so you have a billion dollars. Do anything you can imagine doing to the map with the terraforming and placeables and any machinery you want. Edit your money back to whatever you want to start with. Go farming.
WolfeUK

Post by WolfeUK »

DirectCedar wrote: Sat Jan 26, 2019 12:06 am
WolfeUK wrote: Fri Jan 25, 2019 11:32 pm Now we have the ability to place buildings/farms and alter terrain, id love to make my own map, obviously not from scratch, but from existing, but id like to do so in a creative mode where money is no object, then be able to use that map as my map in game,

Thoughts ?
You can already do this on PC. Start with whatever map you want. Edit your savegame file so you have a billion dollars. Do anything you can imagine doing to the map with the terraforming and placeables and any machinery you want. Edit your money back to whatever you want to start with. Go farming.
Great, now let use do that with the console edition, sorry should have mentioned that in the original post
XB1~PC....I do struggle to understand sometimes, but i try :mrgreen:
iB055

Post by iB055 »

WolfeUK wrote: Sat Jan 26, 2019 12:43 am

Thoughts ?
Great, now let use do that with the console edition, sorry should have mentioned that in the original post
Right and while your at it you can also give us console users the ability to remove static objects (trash), buildings and roads from the only available "default" maps as well that way there is no need for additional programs such as GE that PC users have to make nice maps.

Results would be very happy console farmers. :)
FS22 / PC & PS4 Pro
DirectCedar

Post by DirectCedar »

WolfeUK wrote: Sat Jan 26, 2019 12:43 am

Thoughts ?
I can't "let" you do anything. I work for neither Sony nor Microsoft (nor Giants for that matter, not that they have anything to do with what consoles are limited to or how their manufacturers control them).

If you can't do anything with a PC and you are not playing on a PC you shouldn't list "PC" in your signature line on a forum about a game that is available to play on PC.

I'm starting to feel like BreadedVirus on this forum.
TaintedBlackCat

Post by TaintedBlackCat »

Yay! Here we go again, it took four posts to turn this topic into a PC v Console slanging match! Is that a new record?🙀😹
I'm not perfect..but I'm Australian, and that's pretty damn close!!🐈 . Ex Royal Australian Navy sailor. Moved to New Zealand recently to dairy farm in New Zealand. 600 milking cows. Running old Duetz Fahr Agrostar 6.61
Cardos

Post by Cardos »

TaintedBlackCat wrote: Tue Jan 29, 2019 2:52 am Yay! Here we go again, it took four posts to turn this topic into a PC v Console slanging match! Is that a new record?🙀😹
Unfortunately not a record, the horse trainer thread managed to do it by the second post :wink:

However, back on topic, this would be a good argument to use when asking Giants to bring back the console money cheat. Full disclosure, I'm a PC player but originally started playing FS on console before making the switch, so I can empathise. Console users could at the very least have some better tools to set up a game the way they want.