Welker is Coming!

MappersParadise

Re: Welker is Coming!

Post by MappersParadise »

Hi All

Firstly what a pleasant surprise to see this post and thank you for the comments guys, this is what makes it all worth while when we see or hear from players who enjoyed the map and enjoyed having the Welker's join in with us too, so we did hope that you all enjoyed the whole process of the project so thanks very much to the OP..

We don't have an issue with people asking for updates but at times if people scrolled up or back a bit they would see either an update on things or someone else had already asked so sometimes it worth having a quick look before asking, that's just in general but for us we don't worry about it.

Oh the dam bushes what a pain in the neck they turned out to be in FS17, even we got caught up in them and had to bite our tongues but the map was submitted at the time so it was either delay further or put up with them... Luckily in FS19 that is not an issue anymore so it's a farewell to the horrible bushes.

As for the models in the map, i suppose it's fair enough to have your opinion on these but was i happy with them, too right i was because they were created by team-mate Ben and for a young person who had only 7 months practice with 3d modeling at the time and under a fair bit of pressure he done great and he didn't stop there as he finished the models off with door animations, i will always back up any young person who puts in the effort and sticks it out so i personally think he deserves a Big Well Done...

So here is an example of how over the space of a few months and with the positive encouragement from our fantastic members on our Discord Channel has there been any improvement with Ben's models....

FS17

FS19

So will we see Welkers Farm in FS19 ... yes you will indeed and we are about 90% there.... will it look and feel the same... NO... you will know your on Welkers Farm but what surrounds you will be a little different. We all know there's not much around when you have huge fields and harsh terrain of Montana but we have missed having some detail in the map so as you all know the area from looking at the FS17 version this time we will put our own twist on the map.
We have included areas for you so you can add or design your animal farms and we have the contractors yard across from the mill and some other things which we don't want to mention yet, of course though you have to work hard to achieve more so you may need to do some clearing up first before you get your hands on that new piece of land..

As always we welcome your feedback and suggestions or any questions you have and thanks again to the OP for this post..

Greetz

Blobby, Ben, & the Welkers
Gimli54

Post by Gimli54 »

I didn’t play this map in 17 cause I ended up working on lone oak but give that it’s coming this early in the life of 19 I’ll most definitely be trying it out as a long haul game save, and dang those models look vastly improved give the young modder the regards of one impressed dwarf
Cmtaylor

Post by Cmtaylor »

I think we will be able to use the grain bins at the house this go round
iB055

Post by iB055 »

MappersParadise wrote: Wed Jan 30, 2019 11:51 pm
"I'm so excited"...or however that song goes.

Awesome job on 17! *thumbsup*

Can't wait to work on this map in 19 since working on the real farm is out of the question. :lol:
FS22 / PC & PS4 Pro
RetiredEGS

Post by RetiredEGS »

MappersParadise wrote: Wed Jan 30, 2019 11:51 pm Hi All

Firstly what a pleasant surprise to see this post and thank you for the comments guys, this is what makes it all worth while when we see or hear from players who enjoyed the map and enjoyed having the Welker's join in with us too, so we did hope that you all enjoyed the whole process of the project so thanks very much to the OP..

We don't have an issue with people asking for updates but at times if people scrolled up or back a bit they would see either an update on things or someone else had already asked so sometimes it worth having a quick look before asking, that's just in general but for us we don't worry about it.

Oh the dam bushes what a pain in the neck they turned out to be in FS17, even we got caught up in them and had to bite our tongues but the map was submitted at the time so it was either delay further or put up with them... Luckily in FS19 that is not an issue anymore so it's a farewell to the horrible bushes.

As for the models in the map, i suppose it's fair enough to have your opinion on these but was i happy with them, too right i was because they were created by team-mate Ben and for a young person who had only 7 months practice with 3d modeling at the time and under a fair bit of pressure he done great and he didn't stop there as he finished the models off with door animations, i will always back up any young person who puts in the effort and sticks it out so i personally think he deserves a Big Well Done...

So here is an example of how over the space of a few months and with the positive encouragement from our fantastic members on our Discord Channel has there been any improvement with Ben's models....

FS17

FS19

So will we see Welkers Farm in FS19 ... yes you will indeed and we are about 90% there.... will it look and feel the same... NO... you will know your on Welkers Farm but what surrounds you will be a little different. We all know there's not much around when you have huge fields and harsh terrain of Montana but we have missed having some detail in the map so as you all know the area from looking at the FS17 version this time we will put our own twist on the map.
We have included areas for you so you can add or design your animal farms and we have the contractors yard across from the mill and some other things which we don't want to mention yet, of course though you have to work hard to achieve more so you may need to do some clearing up first before you get your hands on that new piece of land..

As always we welcome your feedback and suggestions or any questions you have and thanks again to the OP for this post..

Greetz

Blobby, Ben, & the Welkers
Awesome to here, I loved this map on fs17, put alot of time playing it :) but hated those bushes lol.

If you need a tester ;) I am here lol
PS4 and PC
redglasses

Post by redglasses »

South mountain creamery farm is being brought back in case you were wondering
Playing Lincoln Creek on PC
Upload your screenshots here: IMG server
My Discord
Remember there is no need to spread your manure around the forums :wink3:
Jack of all trades, master of the skid steer
livesea72

Post by livesea72 »

FS17

FS19

Thank you for the update and the bush fix.the updated models look fantastic.looking forward to release.
FS13 xbox360/ FS15 ps4/xbox one/ FS17 xbox one/ps4pro platinum trophy /FS19 ps4pro platinum trophy/ FS 22 PC
Phigo

Post by Phigo »

Can someone explain that Hype around welker? I never heard what this is. A real life farm? TV-Show? What I learned is, that they (?) build the big buds?
PS4 und PC
Ritchie

Post by Ritchie »

They have a YouTube channel showing the day to day goings on on their family run farm. They don't make Big buds, they just own and run them on their farm but have restored the ones they have. Their videos on YouTube are really varied and thoroughly enjoyable, I'd recommend giving them a watch.

https://welkerfarmsinc.com
Phigo

Post by Phigo »

I think I give them a try...
PS4 und PC
TacoFarmer

Post by TacoFarmer »

Official Confirmation.
Awesome.

Whats the odds of getting the taco joint this time since
LoneOak aint in the FS19 taco bizness?

Cant wait to see the reworked Welkers Inc map.
*thumbsup*
PS4
Farm Happy My Friends.
WestBridge Hills-EL Bubbling FartZ Rancho Edition

You cant polish a turd ......but you can paint it GREEN and YELLOW .
ThatCanadianGuy

Post by ThatCanadianGuy »

Phigo wrote: Thu Jan 31, 2019 11:56 am Can someone explain that Hype around welker? I never heard what this is. A real life farm? TV-Show? What I learned is, that they (?) build the big buds?
They are a real farm in Montana with a presence on social media so if you follow them it is enjoyable to be able to have your own version of their operation.
No they do not build the Buds, they use them and refurbished one recently.
Former real life farmer of lentils, mustard, and wheat on the Canadian prairies.
GodLinn

Post by GodLinn »

Is it still made by Mappers Paradise or someone else?
If It Ain't Broke, Don't Fix It!
theSeb

Post by theSeb »

Phigo wrote: Thu Jan 31, 2019 11:56 am Can someone explain that Hype around welker? I never heard what this is. A real life farm? TV-Show? What I learned is, that they (?) build the big buds?
You decide after this

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=OcjyMmeBFw0
iB055

Post by iB055 »

Really hoping the key buildings will be included as additional placeables so if someone wanted to make changes to New Farmer mode or start on FM mode or start from scratch the Welker buildings could still be utilized. We shall patiently wait and see.
FS22 / PC & PS4 Pro