Using the HAND icon

annasgramma

Using the HAND icon

Post by annasgramma »

Is there a way to neatly line up pallets on a flatbed trailer using the hand icon? I can pick up and place, but I can't line the pallets up to best utilize the space I have. Is there a mod, or a way to control "the hand?!" Thanks.
Gibby321

Re: Using the HAND icon

Post by Gibby321 »

what do you mean"the hand"
annasgramma

Post by annasgramma »

The hand icon is used to pick up objects manually. It's hard to precisely control and I would like to know if there is a mod or any way to finely control where objects are placed using the hand icon. How do you nudge something into alignment so that you can get 8 pallets instead of just 4 on a flatbed trailer. That's my issue with "the hand."
Goose66

Post by Goose66 »

There is a strong farmer mod that allows you to move bales, pallets etc by hand
Playing on PC....Hollandscheveld maizeplus map
Suffolk, England
Discord ...Goose66
annasgramma

Post by annasgramma »

Goose66 wrote: Thu Jan 31, 2019 7:29 pm There is a strong farmer mod that allows you to move bales, pallets etc by hand
That's fine, but what I'm needing to know is this: Is there a way to fine tune movements. I have seen pictures where players have their bales and pallets all nice and neatly lined up on a trailer (without the use of a self loader) and I'm wondering if there is a way to "scoot" pallets into alignment once they are placed on a flatbed trailer so that I can get more pallets on a trailer. Right now, because I cannot fine tune placement of pallets,I can only get a maximum of four pallets on a truck when I should be able to get at least six, if not more, pallets on there! I don't know how I can make this clearer. More wool pallets on the truck equals fewer trips to the spinnery! I want to know how to load as many wool pallets on the truck as I can.
Ntw1986

Post by Ntw1986 »

On ps4 you hold down the right buffer I believe and then turn the item with the right stick so must be similar control on px and xbox
annasgramma

Post by annasgramma »

Ntw1986 wrote: Thu Jan 31, 2019 7:41 pm On ps4 you hold down the right buffer I believe and then turn the item with the right stick so must be similar control on px and xbox
I'll give that a try. thanks!!
iB055

Post by iB055 »

Ntw1986 wrote: Thu Jan 31, 2019 7:41 pm On ps4 you hold down the right buffer I believe and then turn the item with the right stick so must be similar control on px and xbox
On PS4 objects that say "Objects too heavy!" cannot be moved by hand.
FS22 / PC & PS4 Pro
EnglishGent

Post by EnglishGent »

I've not used the extra strength mod but I find that if I'm carefull I can load up before giving them a gentle nudge from the end of the trailer.

It does however get a bit tricky if you try to unload using the bag lifter with its pallet straps though :hmm:
drb

Post by drb »

How are you picking up these pallets at all with the hand? I thought they were too heavy to even be lifted by hand at all. Your only issue is with the lack of precision when placing them by hand?
NateS

Post by NateS »

What process are you using to get the pallets on the trailer in the first place? If you are using some sort of machine with pallet forks, then use that same machine to nudge the pallets around.
PC & PS4
annasgramma

Post by annasgramma »

drb wrote: Sat Feb 02, 2019 9:22 am How are you picking up these pallets at all with the hand? I thought they were too heavy to even be lifted by hand at all. Your only issue is with the lack of precision when placing them by hand?
Yes, I am lifting them by hand. They are not too heavy. And my issue is precisely placing them side by side and front to back on the truck so that I get more pallets on and no wasted space. Right now, when I drop the pallets on the truck, it's haphazard and messy looking. I'm getting a bit better at it, but it's nowhere near photos I've seen of pallets on other player's trucks! I need to know how to nudge/scoot/maneuver the pallets into place once I have them on the truck bed. And I do have the strong farmer mod. Even using pallet fork is an issue. I'm just a klutz!! That, and being a 67-year-old city kid/granny. I would NOT make it as a real farmer!! Thanks for any help or suggestions.
BigTex114

Post by BigTex114 »

iB055 wrote: Thu Jan 31, 2019 8:18 pm
On PS4 objects that say "Objects too heavy!" cannot be moved by hand.
I'm playing on pc and I don't get the "Objects too heavy" message. Just can't lift.
Playing Marwell Manor on Windows :gamer:
Husqvarna TS 352

Post by Husqvarna TS 352 »

I think it's a bug. Sometimes I can lift pallets of anything (wool, seed, fertilizer etc) but sometimes I can't. Really hard to reproduce as it's very inconsistant
G'day
drb

Post by drb »

annasgramma wrote: Sun Feb 03, 2019 6:33 pm Yes, I am lifting them by hand. They are not too heavy. And my issue is precisely placing them side by side and front to back on the truck so that I get more pallets on and no wasted space. Right now, when I drop the pallets on the truck, it's haphazard and messy looking. I'm getting a bit better at it, but it's nowhere near photos I've seen of pallets on other player's trucks! I need to know how to nudge/scoot/maneuver the pallets into place once I have them on the truck bed. And I do have the strong farmer mod. Even using pallet fork is an issue. I'm just a klutz!! That, and being a 67-year-old city kid/granny. I would NOT make it as a real farmer!! Thanks for any help or suggestions.
If on PC, you can rotate held objects by holding the middle mouse button and moving the mouse. This makes things much easier with a bit of practice. I might also suggest using one pallet to nudge the other pallets toward the position you want them.