Suggestion - Vineyards w/ Grape Harvesters

CharlesJT1977

Suggestion - Vineyards w/ Grape Harvesters

Post by CharlesJT1977 »

I'm absolutely loving FS19 on PS4 and would like to share a thought I had with the community.

For a future feature to the game, what about adding grape-bearing vines to the game as a crop type? To harvest grapes, we would have access to various grape harvesters.
Rasping rabbit

Re: Suggestion - Vineyards w/ Grape Harvesters

Post by Rasping rabbit »

It would be nice. I always imagine that as quite a laid back business with older, small implements. I am probably wrong though.

It would be a nice addition to the game though.
MarkSH

Post by MarkSH »

It would likely have to be passive. This game is about driving 500HP tractors with 67 tons of slurry in the back, so not really amenable to small scale product. Maybe bees too would have to be passive like this. Sort of making it a good idea for a mod rather than an add to the game since there is a lot of assets to build but little gameplay. Other small scale things would be nice but unlikely, like a sit-down mower so you can clean up smaller bits of grass or a way to remove bushes that doesn't require creating a new field then deleting it.

Could info be added to things so that items can be denoted as "farming" (therefore could accept agricultural diesel, which is a lot cheaper but you need a special delivery and it's illegal to put in road vehicles) or "electric" so you can charge them up passively or add charging stations to the game.

Just thinking: bees could add mead like grapes add wine. And then orchard trees to add either fruit or, if apples, cider. Etc.
Goose66

Post by Goose66 »

Various extra crops are already on some maps incl. Hops, tobacco, clover, alfalfa etc .
As soon as the modders start releasing the factories etc, there will be a slew of extra products and industries coming out and possibly including vineyards.
Playing on PC....Hollandscheveld maizeplus map
Suffolk, England
Discord ...Goose66
MarkSH

Post by MarkSH »

Apart from yeast, we already have in the game enough to make beer. Moonshine too (anything with sugars can be turned into the various countries' forms of moonshine, vodka, poiteen, gin, etc), though they are generally not done en masse like beer is. And, and here is where it gets closer to real life with the accelerated reality FS uses, unlike plants and animals, you can brew up decent beer in a few days in bulk. If big enough, the heat generated by fermentation means you don't need a heater, though starting off with warm water speeds it on.

Of course you could THEN go into production chains. Wine barrels become brandy brewing barrels or whiskey barrels.

It's why I prefer to see mod friendly being more about making mechanisms available for modders to exploit than making an easy API to mod against available. A small change to the system to enable mods by making mechanisms to exploit can enable a whole chain of modifications to the game to exploit that mechanic.
Coltar452017

Post by Coltar452017 »

What about coffee orchards
Husqvarna TS 352

Post by Husqvarna TS 352 »

They have rice and grapes in pure farming. Is coffee in it as well?
G'day
Arrancar88

Post by Arrancar88 »

Goose66 wrote: Mon Feb 04, 2019 12:34 pm Various extra crops are already on some maps incl. Hops, tobacco, clover, alfalfa etc .
As soon as the modders start releasing the factories etc, there will be a slew of extra products and industries coming out and possibly including vineyards.
Yeah Alfalfa would be nice. It's literally the most common crop here(Central EU) for cow feeding.
PC Steam
Farming since FS2009 :hi:
CharlesJT1977

Post by CharlesJT1977 »

Goose66 wrote: Mon Feb 04, 2019 12:34 pm Various extra crops are already on some maps incl. Hops, tobacco, clover, alfalfa etc .
That sounds good, modders to the rescue.
thumbwiz

Post by thumbwiz »

Vineyards and orchards are a good idea. Giants could duplicate how they function in the other PF and implement something similar.
X1 / PC gaming
Ontario, Canada
Grizzly39samr

Post by Grizzly39samr »

Hmmm, not sure about vineyards and orchards. It's a minor issue but one to consider when owning orchards. Vineyards make wine and Port, Port is a fortified wine that is very nice to drink to warm yourself up when its cold. When its time to pick the fruit from the orchard in the colder weather, the day starts at 6am, the mornings are chilly and often drizzly as well, and my hired pickers, who are mostly back packers and Uni students, head off to work in the orchards, with bottles of Port (only to keep themselves warm of course). The problem here, as the manager of said orchard, is that by lunchtime productivity always seems to grind to a halt, with no more trailers of fruit arriving at the sorting sheds I go to investigate this lack of productivity, only to find that all of my hired workers have stopped for lunch, drunk the remainder of their Port to fortify themselves for the afternoons work, and have all either fallen asleep under the trees or realising that they are now to 'pi**' to continue working, have clocked off and walked home.
- Difficulties be Damned -