Come on Giants! Maps please

Graham1969

Come on Giants! Maps please

Post by Graham1969 »

Is it just me or does every map sent to Giants get kicked into touch. Farming Simulator 19 has now been out for 2 months and I am yet to see any maps.
Heyward83

Re: Come on Giants! Maps please

Post by Heyward83 »

Bale forks and weights are the priority didn’t you know? :mrgreen:
Cazzy3000

Post by Cazzy3000 »

I know we should be patient but after only a month of the game IV stopped playing,just can't get into the base maps and it's ruining it for me. So I'm stepping back till a new map comes
BearClaw

Post by BearClaw »

There has to ba a map or two with the over 220 mods who are waiting to be tested, so i quess giants has a lot of work to do and are busy theese days
I love the smell of farming better than the profit
RODHA

Post by RODHA »

They do mod testing based on "first come first served" principle in general but as the QA team had some losses on man power they should temporarily change it to "most requested first served" I think. Maps are no doubt a priority for every farmer atm.
PS5 / FS22
BearClaw

Post by BearClaw »

RODHA wrote: Tue Feb 05, 2019 1:06 pm They do mod testing based on "first come first served" principle in general but as the QA team had some losses on man power they should temporarily change it to "most requested first served" I think. Maps are no doubt a priority for every farmer atm.
Words! Couldnt agree more
I love the smell of farming better than the profit
Lastofthebreed

Post by Lastofthebreed »

I’ve been wondering about this too. The number of mods waiting to be tested keeps growing but there is never more than a few in the daily update. And no maps.
bossmanslim

Post by bossmanslim »

Maps are getting delayed because of shader issues thanks to console restrictions. There is a thread about it on reddit.
Super T Agriculture

Post by Super T Agriculture »

Judging by what I've seen from various modders there's plenty of maps being made if not already in the ever growing queue for testing.

I'm not a modder but I'm guessing making a map is waaay more complex than making weights or some of the simpler tools and equipment so naturally they're going to take longer to produce. We are starting to see what I assume are more complicated to produce mods such as the seed/fert placeables etc.

Having said that I can't wait to get my hands on some if the stuff I've seen from screenshots and testing videos. I suspect we will be inundated with a whole host of maps at some point (hopefully soon) and I'll be forced to choose as I want to get stuck in to something long term which I haven't felt like doing with the standard maps.

Here's to all the modders (mappers and otherwise) for their hard work that make this game what it should be. *thumbsup*
Last edited by Super T Agriculture on Tue Feb 05, 2019 1:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bobbydj1980

Post by Bobbydj1980 »

That's why I'm buying a PC console is not a worry to Giants they only care about pc
Love farming simulator I play on the Xbox series x orangebeach Alabama
Baranka

Post by Baranka »

Lisertan wrote: Wed Jan 30, 2019 11:44 am Depends (for both) It takes a few hours to test something, but if a map has issues (as an example) we send it back, get a new version and test it again. So it can be from a few hours to several days. If everything is going smooth, it's done in 2 -3 hours.
Three months passed, and only one map.
RODHA

Post by RODHA »

^^ what map? there is no map. or am I missing something here?
PS5 / FS22
redglasses

Post by redglasses »

Keep in mind qa is probably testing the next patch as well.
Playing Lincoln Creek on PC
Upload your screenshots here: IMG server
My Discord
Remember there is no need to spread your manure around the forums :wink3:
Jack of all trades, master of the skid steer
Baranka

Post by Baranka »

RODHA wrote: Tue Feb 05, 2019 2:15 pm ^^ what map? there is no map. or am I missing something here?
i mean estancia lapacho..
RODHA

Post by RODHA »

Sorry, that is not even a "map" for me :biggrin2:
PS5 / FS22