Seasons & Snow

Grizzly39samr

Seasons & Snow

Post by Grizzly39samr »

With Seasons getting released at some stage soon and hopefully before man colonises mars, I am curious as to how people dealt with snow on their farms.

What did you use to clean up the snow?
Did you just move it off to the side or pick it up and truck it somewhere else?
If you moved it, where did you move it to?
What combinations worked well and what didn't?
Did you do just enough to access vehicles or equipment in the sheds? or did you try to remove as much as possible?

Me, I used a truck with a front 3 point hitch that I attached the Biobeltz snowblower to, seemed to work fairly well and I dumped the snow onto neighbours fields, and so no neighbour could accuse me of preferential treatment, every farmer got some, it seemed only fair.
- Difficulties be Damned -
Deereslayer

Re: Seasons & Snow

Post by Deereslayer »

I never had snow in a winter the whole time I used seasons. Never had rain yet in 19 now either
pingu

Post by pingu »

Playing Lone Oak Farm since November. Think I have had snow every 'winter'. I usually clear most of the farm yards so that I can access all buildings, grain bins, etc. Then I clear the access road out to the main road in case I need to sell something somewhere.

I would prefer to use a snowplow, but haven't found one that works well. They hardly move any snow at all for some reason. And most of those plows I tried tilt when I angle the blade, and that makes them almost unusable.

I'm using the Biobeltz snowblower. It works OK. 3 mph seems to be max speed with the amount of snow I get in Oregon. :) Issues:
The HUD icon shows it to be down when it is lifted, and vice versa.
It constantly stops picking up snow, so I have to press 'dump on ground' regularly
Looking at it from the front, the screws rotates the wrong way...?

But it is really good for loading ensilage from the bunker into tippers. Like 20 sec to fill a 45.000 liter container. :)
<-- FS17 on an iMac 27" playing Lone Oak Farm and The Western Shore -->
livesea72

Post by livesea72 »

Used the bobcat mod with raybauld (spelling ?) brush and cleard 3 meters sections quickly.
FS13 xbox360/ FS15 ps4/xbox one/ FS17 xbox one/ps4pro platinum trophy /FS19 ps4pro platinum trophy/ FS 22 PC
PrincessJessi84

Post by PrincessJessi84 »

I used my dozer mod in fs17.. and true to rl it all just ended up in big piles out of the way.. I did my yard and main roads and access points.. I would roleplay that I was contracted to move snow on the roads and I would pay myself accordingly.. usually enough to cover equipment costs of a small farm thru the winter
https://fs19communitytrader.freeforums.net/
PC
PC - Ryzen 7-2700 8core, 32gb ram, 2x2tb SSD, RTX 2080 SUPER 8gb, GX-850 Gold PSU
Displays - ASUS ROG Strix XG43VQ 43” Super Ultra-Wide Curved HDR Gaming Monitor 120Hz (3840 x 1200)
Samsung CFG70 27" Curved gaming Monitor 144HZ (1920 x 1080)
2x 24" Dell Monitors
Controllers - T150 Pro, Side Panel, TrackIR7, TM Stick
eric21

Post by eric21 »

End of the year apparently for seasons
Guil

Post by Guil »

PrincessJessi84 wrote: Wed Feb 06, 2019 5:05 pm I used my dozer mod in fs17.. and true to rl it all just ended up in big piles out of the way.. I did my yard and main roads and access points.. I would roleplay that I was contracted to move snow on the roads and I would pay myself accordingly.. usually enough to cover equipment costs of a small farm thru the winter
Wouldn't it be so cool if that became a thing this time around, dunno if it's possible but fingers crossed.
PrincessJessi84

Post by PrincessJessi84 »

I was totally thinking that when I was typing that but I didn't want it to become a mod (seasons) request thing.. but yea that would be amazing.. on our farm we have a backhoe we use for various things and in the winter it gets put to good use doing contracting for various businesses to move snow including but not limited to our local mall.. its not super great money but it is some nice and much needed income during the slow winter months and gives a good excuse for plenty of hours of playing in the heated cab of the backhoe when the winter might otherwise be spent indoors
https://fs19communitytrader.freeforums.net/
PC
PC - Ryzen 7-2700 8core, 32gb ram, 2x2tb SSD, RTX 2080 SUPER 8gb, GX-850 Gold PSU
Displays - ASUS ROG Strix XG43VQ 43” Super Ultra-Wide Curved HDR Gaming Monitor 120Hz (3840 x 1200)
Samsung CFG70 27" Curved gaming Monitor 144HZ (1920 x 1080)
2x 24" Dell Monitors
Controllers - T150 Pro, Side Panel, TrackIR7, TM Stick
Heyward83

Post by Heyward83 »

eric21 wrote: Wed Feb 06, 2019 6:40 pm End of the year apparently for seasons
I hope its not that long....
Oseh

Post by Oseh »

I tend not to bother - the only job was to feed animals and I always have a tractor and feed close to the animal enclosures. I did discover, by accident, that you could cultivate snow and it would magically disappear, but only in common areas, you cannot cultivate a frozen field.
Beastbubba

Post by Beastbubba »

I think I had it turned off. I live in Mississippi, when we do get snow, it ain't enough to worry about...

And when I was in the AF, I saw more snow in new jersey than I ever cared to see in my life.
PC gamer.
StoneC0ld

Post by StoneC0ld »

In 17, I use the Woodmeadow Farms snowblower pack, and have used the gritter pack as well. I also use a loader bucket and tipper trailer to move snow to another site. It depends on what and where I'm clearing snow from.

Although, the snowblowers do tend to get frustrating when the "unload here" keeps cancelling itself and I have to keep hitting the button to re-enable it....

I was trying to wait until Seasons 19 to actually make the switch to FS19. But, if that's going to mean waiting another 10-11 months, I may have to just go ahead and make the move to FS19 and deal with adding Seasons mod when it does release.
Last edited by StoneC0ld on Wed Feb 06, 2019 10:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
JCByellowguy

Post by JCByellowguy »

Never got enough accumulating snow to even bother in FS17. Used the skidsteer and just cleaned in front of doors.

In RL I dont bother plowing anything but my driveway and in front of the barn doors unless we get 8 inches of snow or more. The machines can more than get through under 8 inches of snow. On Lone Oak with seasons FS17 it never accumulated to more than 6 inches.
Xbox One Farmer
Yellow Farmer with some Red mixed in