The sad state of community mods.

Riondron

The sad state of community mods.

Post by Riondron »

My rant here is not directed at modders who create quality mods. Instead, I am griping about these so called modders who take mods that were already of questionable quality in previous versions of Farm Sim, and convert them to FS19 without doing any upgrades to bring the mod current to either graphic quality or handling. The mod sites are absolutely FLOODED with complete garbage! And they keep getting shared and re-done by other modders who make them even worse (if that can even be possible) than they were when they were made for FS09!

It's very easy to understand why Giants is pretty strict about about their requirements and testing for mods that are allowed to be downloaded in game. I'm getting very tired of downloading mods that the author's claim are the best of the best, only to be disappointed yet again at another garbage version of a John Deere 9r. Please Giants, give us a version of the big John Deere's that YOU make, and that operates correctly, now that you have a JD license for their products. JD makes a plethora of equipment, but you only gave us a few machines. The community had expected much, much more in the JD offerings, only to be let down....again.

To the modders that are taking the time produce quality mods that are built from the ground up for FS19 - my hat's off to you.

To the "modders" that are just regurgitating garbage and wasting hours of my time downloading, testing and deleting - go pound salt.
livesea72

Re: The sad state of community mods.

Post by livesea72 »

And thats why some people are willing to wait on modhub mods. The safety and quality are high.
FS13 xbox360/ FS15 ps4/xbox one/ FS17 xbox one/ps4pro platinum trophy /FS19 ps4pro platinum trophy/ FS 22 PC
Airborne82nd

Post by Airborne82nd »

Hm, well let me look at what i wrote down here in what we''re told when we complain about mods. Here it is..."If you don't like the mods, buy a PC, and create them yourself" . And this one 'Put an application in at Giants".

Good news is, you already have a PC, so, get to work i suppose lol.
livesea72

Post by livesea72 »

Can't wait for the 2+months it will take for you to create submit and get one tested and released. Any chance we will see any of them on consoles?
FS13 xbox360/ FS15 ps4/xbox one/ FS17 xbox one/ps4pro platinum trophy /FS19 ps4pro platinum trophy/ FS 22 PC
MarkSH

Post by MarkSH »

livesea72 wrote: Wed Feb 06, 2019 8:02 pm Can't wait for the 2+months it will take for you to create submit and get one tested and released. Any chance we will see any of them on consoles?
So taking time is proof that quality assurance is not working? Or are you just stating that QA takes time?
livesea72

Post by livesea72 »

QA takes time plus being understaffed you might only get to test half dozen per day. If you test 30 per week and there are 260 waiting to be tested its going to take 2 weeks to get through them assuming its not a map or detailed mod that might take extra time to test functionally. We are getting about 20 to 30 submitted per week and assuming your mod doesn't fail. It could be minimum 3 weeks before it gets tested and no guarantee it would get released the same day. I don't think too many modders created thier frist mod in a few hour unless it was small like the 3 meter cultivator or a weight.That would add to total time for release.
Riondron

Post by Riondron »

Airborne82nd wrote: Wed Feb 06, 2019 7:53 pm Hm, well let me look at what i wrote down here in what we''re told when we complain about mods. Here it is..."If you don't like the mods, buy a PC, and create them yourself" . And this one 'Put an application in at Giants".

Good news is, you already have a PC, so, get to work i suppose lol.
I think it’s pretty obvious that I don’t make mods, nor do I have the time learn how. If I did, this post wouldn’t exist.
cwattyeso

Post by cwattyeso »

I think when it comes to the PC modding scene, yes there are a lot of people who release questionable quality mods, and there are people who take those questionable mods and make changes and re-upload them that still don't necessarily add anything to the quality. Someone of these modders though are just starting on their journeys into modding and learning how to do things, so yes the stuff they release now may be terrible, but in time they could become one of the best modders for the game or series. There are also a few instances where a Mod gets released, someone comes along and takes that mod and makes it into a far better and much higher quality of mod. It's swings and roundabouts really. The one thing I tend to do as a PC player mainly (Because right now there is not enough mods on the Modhub for console to make we want to invest a couple of hundred hours on there at the moment) is only download mods from the mod authors that come already approved and rated by the community. If someone is an unknown to me and they have only one mod to their name, I am not likely to download it regardless of how good it maybe. I make sure I download from the Author's who have quite a library of work behind them, and not just for FS19, but the previous games too. So again maybe as a final tip, stop looking on the modsites which I have to say as far as FS19 goes, do seem to be just a load of rushed, quick ported or stolen and reuploaded content, and go to the site of the individual authors and modding groups who you know are doing good work, but maybe not putting it out on the modsites where it gets lost amongst all the fluff.
Check out my YouTube Channel for Farming Simulator and other Gaming Let's Plays and Videos at https://www.youtube.com/c/CwattyesoGamingforFun :D

Also be sure to check out my Kick Channel for my Farming Simulator Live Streams and Multiplayer Server at https://www.kick.com/cwattyeso :gamer:

GIANTS SOFTWARE Personal Partner Code: CWATTYESO *thumbsup*
Riondron

Post by Riondron »

livesea72 wrote: Wed Feb 06, 2019 11:05 pm QA takes time plus being understaffed you might only get to test half dozen per day. If you test 30 per week and there are 260 waiting to be tested its going to take 2 weeks to get through them assuming its not a map or detailed mod that might take extra time to test functionally. We are getting about 20 to 30 submitted per week and assuming your mod doesn't fail. It could be minimum 3 weeks before it gets tested and no guarantee it would get released the same day. I don't think too many modders created thier frist mod in a few hour unless it was small like the 3 meter cultivator or a weight.That would add to total time for release.
I get the reasoning behind the timeframe for testing and releasing mods through Mod Hub. My true ire is directed at the modders that are just converting mods that were already horrible on 15 & 17, and billing them out to be a shiny new thing. Those same mods get cloned or altered and uploaded to 30 different mod sites. A fair amount of players head to those sites to look for equipment they may have used IRL, because of nostalgia or familiarity. And many players feel jilted over the lack of equipment released at game launch; Of all the complaints I hear, that is by far the biggest.
iB055

Post by iB055 »

To put it simply if you don't like the quality of current mods available just don't download them and you won't be disappointed. Useless never ending topics like this aren't going to speed up the testing and releases of better quality mods. It only serves to create even more drama in an already chaotic whinefest of nonsense simply because people are far too impatient.

Quality takes time.
FS22 / PC & PS4 Pro
Riondron

Post by Riondron »

iB055 wrote: Thu Feb 07, 2019 5:38 pm To put it simply if you don't like the quality of current mods available just don't download them and you won't be disappointed. Useless never ending topics like this aren't going to speed up the testing and releases of better quality mods. It only serves to create even more drama in an already chaotic whinefest of nonsense simply because people are far too impatient.

Quality takes time.
And not downloading and testing will never solve the question as to wether they are good or not.

But seriously though, you are making my point regarding quality. Simply put, “don’t release the mod till it’s ready”. I will gladly wait for quality mods.
Andy2678

Post by Andy2678 »

Can someone please tell me how to download new mods from the internet to my xbox one.
Smith Modding

Post by Smith Modding »

You can’t, you can only do it through the ModHub since you’re on console
Smith Modding Co.
Christian Based Modding
Isaiah 30:23- He will also send you rain for the seed you sow in the ground, and the food that comes from the land will be rich and plentiful. In that day your cattle will graze in broad meadows.:
Playing FS15-19 on PC
Playing too much FS19 :mrgreen:
Specs-
i5-7300HQ|NVIDIA GTX 1050ti|16GB DDR4 RAM|1TB/500GB SSD/256GB M.2|Windows 10
markare

Post by markare »

Andy2678 wrote: Wed Feb 13, 2019 11:18 pm Can someone please tell me how to download new mods from the internet to my xbox one.
Open the mods menu on your game. Press your left thumbs tick in to show all mods, newest mods will have a green number icon in their corresponding menu.

No other way to get mods on console other than using the in game mod hub.
:hi:
Scottish farming with all the n00bery
Xb1
Sometimes stream, depends how I feel
http://aatg.freeforums.net/ work in progress