Vehicles slow down very slowly

alpha117

Vehicles slow down very slowly

Post by alpha117 »

Hi All,

Have I missed something, but when I take my foot off of the accelerator(gas), the vehicle(all types), never seem to slow down,. I have wheel and pedals. Is there a setting somewhere that I have missed?

thanks
JCByellowguy

Re: Vehicles slow down very slowly

Post by JCByellowguy »

After the last patch I noticed that the vehicles liked to coast a lot more than usual and some even increased speed after letting off the throttle.

I doubt its anything to do with your wheel as im on xbox and have the same issue using the controller.

There have been a few bug reports about it but none have been marked read by Giants, so who knows if they plan to fix it in the next patch?
Xbox One Farmer
Yellow Farmer with some Red mixed in
alpha117

Post by alpha117 »

Cheers, glad its not just me

thanks
JCByellowguy

Post by JCByellowguy »

Glad to help.
Xbox One Farmer
Yellow Farmer with some Red mixed in
Mysticalmaid

Post by Mysticalmaid »

I would look at the settings, maybe the brake needs to be set.
alpha117

Post by alpha117 »

Brakes are fine,it's just coasts along, like there in no inertia for the weight to slow it down
Seedy

Post by Seedy »

Inertia is what keeps things moving, maybe you mean friction?
Alagos

Post by Alagos »

If you test this going down hill, it's quite true. Never noticed it on a flat road, though.
I assume people don't use Seasons, unless they say otherwise.

How to upload your >> log<<
How to upload >>images << to the forum
How to get your gamekey's activation limit >>reset<<
How to report a >> bug <<

>>Rules<<
cwattyeso

Post by cwattyeso »

Two things are in effect here the Inertia or Momentum of the Vehicle, so despite taking your foot of the accelerator it's going to keep travelling in it's current direction until that Inertia or Momementum is decreased or removed. The actually Rolling Resistance that effects the vehicles or Friction as some people like to think of it in this game is actually quite low, almost ridiculously so, which you can also see at times when your driving a tractor and it'll suddenly just spin for no reason or your pulling a trailer and it will start to snake or slide or randomly jacknife. The best way to slow a vehicle down is to use the brake pedal and not rely on coasting to a halt. There is a mod for PC Users I can't remember if it's the Enhanced Vehicle Add-on or the Vehicle Control Add-on (AKA Keyboard Steer) that gives you an option to increase the default game value for Rolling Resistance so that Vehicles do roll and come to a stop much quicker when you take your foot off the accelerator but don't apply the brake.
Check out my YouTube Channel for Farming Simulator and other Gaming Let's Plays and Videos at https://www.youtube.com/c/CwattyesoGamingforFun :D

Also be sure to check out my Kick Channel for my Farming Simulator Live Streams and Multiplayer Server at https://www.kick.com/cwattyeso :gamer:

GIANTS SOFTWARE Personal Partner Code: CWATTYESO *thumbsup*
Stevo0114

Post by Stevo0114 »

Cwattyesso love your answer to this topic this is why I use this forum great answer
Love FS fav tractor Case I h. FS 19 has caught up and is now for me better than fs17
Playing on xbox one x, Thanks to Giants and all modders who make the game great.
Love this community so thanks guys
alpha117

Post by alpha117 »

Thanks, I've looked at both of these MODs but cant see where to adjust the rolling resistance, and ideas where to make that adjustment

Thanks
gordon861

Post by gordon861 »

cwattyeso wrote: Thu Feb 07, 2019 4:21 pm ... Enhanced Vehicle Add-on or the Vehicle Control Add-on (AKA Keyboard Steer) ...
Are these even available for FS19 yet?
--------------
Hey Giants, when are you going to pull your head out of your backsides and actually talk to us?
cwattyeso

Post by cwattyeso »

Okay so I've loaded up the game and the setting is in the Vehicle Control Add-on Mod. What you need to do once in game is enter a vehicle. Then you Press Left Ctrl+C to bring up the menu box for the mods settings. In the middle column you'll see a setting for 'Low Brake Force' this is the rolling resistance. It'll probably by default be at some low setting like 10%, 15%, 25% depending on the type of vehicle. Just increase that value upwards to a setting you like the feel of. You will have to do this however for each vehicle you own, as the settings only apply per vehicle with this mod and not globally, which is a shame.
Check out my YouTube Channel for Farming Simulator and other Gaming Let's Plays and Videos at https://www.youtube.com/c/CwattyesoGamingforFun :D

Also be sure to check out my Kick Channel for my Farming Simulator Live Streams and Multiplayer Server at https://www.kick.com/cwattyeso :gamer:

GIANTS SOFTWARE Personal Partner Code: CWATTYESO *thumbsup*
alpha117

Post by alpha117 »

Fantastic , let you know how it goes
alpha117

Post by alpha117 »

Well, I don't have that setting, can you confirm the correct MOD, as it looks like I dont have it, sorry to be a pain