Grizzly Mountain

Jeramy

Re: Grizzly Mountain

Post by Jeramy »

I think the idea is to keep a front loader or similar at the sell point and unload manually. If you are playing multiplayer this would give the truck driver something to do other than just drive make and forth.
Phigo

Post by Phigo »

Superdave9988 wrote: Fri Feb 08, 2019 2:29 pm
Phigo wrote: Fri Feb 08, 2019 11:48 am
crash wrote: Fri Feb 08, 2019 10:30 am Just drive into the sell point and walk over to the blip/marker and prompt the sell logs command?
That's exactly my Problem. Did you see the Sellpoint? there are static objects (I don't know what they are for - I asume it's some Kind of logging Thing) and you can not drive on or over them. As I tried to place the Trailer right next to them, I only could sell a few logs and then have to move the Trailer...
it might seem like a pain but i was able to fill up the Man truck with logs and back up between the uprights and was able to sell everything at once. just a helpful alternative hopefully.
I don't use the MAN. But I managed to back the semi Up between the shed and the sellpoint. Was a real Bad decision Had to Reset the trailer :frown:
PS4 und PC
Osmin60

Post by Osmin60 »

I have to say, I was really looking forward to a forestry map. I did my first 120hrs of game building my lumber business in Ravenport field 6 next the sawmill, but felt something missing. Now here is Grizzly Mountain. My problem as I think many many others will have is the stupid wood sell point requiring some piece of equipment to unload that does not exist in the game. Once again, close, but still just another frustration. I get that the modders want to add some challenge to the map, but this is a tedious, silly addition that does not make me happy.

Someone please make a trailer that can tip out the logs onto the sell area (something that would really exist in real life) for the console version. Until then, I will just muddle through on Ravensport.
GothicKing13

Post by GothicKing13 »

The log forks seemed to be improved upon within the 1.3 Beta. A friend and I was playing around on that map checking it out. We got a cheap front loader to load the logs into the trailer. Worked quite well, tbh. Then, we switched back to the skid steers... he'd drop the tree's and cut them into length for the trailer. I'd shunt the logs into a pile with the 2nd skid steer. Once we had enough logs to load the trailer, he jumped into the truck and brought it around and I'd load the logs utilizing our Wheel Loader. We were making some decent money with it to be honest.

If you're going to do something like this with the map... unless o'course you are on PC. I'd wait for the 1.3 patch to come official. The front loader, skidsteers and wheel loader was lifting logs without hesitation for us. To finish this off, I loaded up the map in Single Player and played around a wee bit after he signed offline... was moving/loading logs with a telehandler as well. All the log forks seem to be working much better than before this beta patch.
GOTHICKING13 With every deed, you are sowing a seed. Though the harvest, you may not see.
Corstaad

Post by Corstaad »

I've been having luck with splitting trees roughly in half and loading them with extenda boom. I put them on a long flatbed, building a stack thats not to much hassle then pushing them off at the sell point with the loader. Its surprisingly effienct way to log. I think this is going to be my seasons map with the way you can "build" into a farm.
Corstaad

Post by Corstaad »

This got me thinking so I tried the normal log trailer. Parked it right besides the drop off point and clicked sell wood. It sold half the load. Used a small tractor and pushed the logs to the other side of trailer and was able to sell the last half.
deddycantshoot

Post by deddycantshoot »

played on this map alot this weekend,lots of fun,got enough cleard off for a decent size field and the new 2 horse pen mod with a coulple of horses .
Seedy

Post by Seedy »

I tried this map a bit this weekend, noticed that starting [not pickup] truck can be backed up between the red things, made selling easier, but some of the non-pine trees are too heavy, and tip it over, when cut to about the length of the cargo area.