Grizzly Mountain

Sinclaircool

Re: Grizzly Mountain

Post by Sinclaircool »

Finally I've watched daggerwins survival role play and he had the early access version I am so happy to play this *thumbsup* *thumbsup* :biggrin2: :mrgreen: but can you test mercury farms and release :frown: :frown:
Don't leak mods
Deadeye

Post by Deadeye »

cwattyeso wrote: Thu Feb 07, 2019 7:01 pm I also was a little surprised when starting in New Farmer mode to find the only items in your garage at the start is a log trailer and the pickup truck. So you don't even get any forestry machinery to begin working the map and with only 100,000 in the bank to start with, I can't see how you're going to buy all you need.
Not to undermine cwatty's post, but for anyone who considers the lack of money or starting equipment an issue, wouldn't leasing equipment be a solution to this? I haven't played FS19 enough to know much about the mechanics for leasing, or the prices. Just a suggestion. Feel free to correct my idea.
"We must, indeed, all hang together or, most assuredly, we shall all hang separately."- Benjamin Franklin
"Speak softly and carry a big stick; You will go far"- Theodore Roosevelt
“There may be times when we are powerless to prevent injustice, but there must never be a time when we fail to protest.” – Elie Wiesel
JohnDeereLimo

Post by JohnDeereLimo »

You get everything you need to start life as a lumberjack...except the women's clothing
(Edit: and a chainsaw)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=89LfQUlcNFk
Jeramy

Post by Jeramy »

It begins! Start from scratch. Bought the two plots around old bills cabin. Clearing some space. This could take a while.
Jeramy

Post by Jeramy »

Hmm, this might not actually work. I apparently can't actually build anything until I cut down more trees. I have 358 of 1299 slots used. Is this just pure console limitation?
Husqvarna TS 352

Post by Husqvarna TS 352 »

Yes
G'day
Jeramy

Post by Jeramy »

Well dang. Oh well. Just cause I can't carve out a homestead doesnt mean I can't have fun on the map. Let the deforestation begin!
Phigo

Post by Phigo »

I played around for a good hour or so on the starting plot right next to the sellpoint. I bought the new Harvester for that. on FS17 I was really used to the scorpion king and made some good Money just by cutting trees and directly load them into the logtrailer with the scorpion king. I tried that with the new (can't remember the brand) and it was impossible.

I don't know, if it would simulate the weight of that big trees (seems to be over 30 m - on fs17 the biggest were around 24 I guess) or if they stuck between some other trees. I don't know if I will get used to that.

The other Point is the log-sellpoint: is there a spot where I can back up the log-Trailer and sell from that or do I have to unload the Trailer?
PS4 und PC
crash

Post by crash »

Just drive into the sell point and walk over to the blip/marker and prompt the sell logs command?
Xbox series s and pc :gamer:
In Norway
alpha117

Post by alpha117 »

Cut down tree with chainsaw, but how do you 'de-branch', does not seem to work as per FS17, what have I missed?

Update...sorted it
Last edited by alpha117 on Fri Feb 08, 2019 11:56 am, edited 2 times in total.
JohnDeere77

Post by JohnDeere77 »

Is it still so that buildings cant be placed on a spot where there used to be a three?
Plays on pc, hardmode and loves grinding
Phigo

Post by Phigo »

crash wrote: Fri Feb 08, 2019 10:30 am Just drive into the sell point and walk over to the blip/marker and prompt the sell logs command?
That's exactly my Problem. Did you see the Sellpoint? there are static objects (I don't know what they are for - I asume it's some Kind of logging Thing) and you can not drive on or over them. As I tried to place the Trailer right next to them, I only could sell a few logs and then have to move the Trailer...
PS4 und PC
bossmanslim

Post by bossmanslim »

Phigo wrote: Fri Feb 08, 2019 11:48 amThat's exactly my Problem. Did you see the Sellpoint? there are static objects (I don't know what they are for - I asume it's some Kind of logging Thing) and you can not drive on or over them. As I tried to place the Trailer right next to them, I only could sell a few logs and then have to move the Trailer...
They want you to unload the trailer yourself into the log rack at the sell point.
Superdave9988

Post by Superdave9988 »

Phigo wrote: Fri Feb 08, 2019 11:48 am
crash wrote: Fri Feb 08, 2019 10:30 am Just drive into the sell point and walk over to the blip/marker and prompt the sell logs command?
That's exactly my Problem. Did you see the Sellpoint? there are static objects (I don't know what they are for - I asume it's some Kind of logging Thing) and you can not drive on or over them. As I tried to place the Trailer right next to them, I only could sell a few logs and then have to move the Trailer...
it might seem like a pain but i was able to fill up the Man truck with logs and back up between the uprights and was able to sell everything at once. just a helpful alternative hopefully.
deddycantshoot

Post by deddycantshoot »

We need the mod log trailer from bsm we had on 17 that dumps em from the side.Last night i just pulled my trailer as close as possible,then reset the trailer.Since the reset is on the way back out.After a couple loads i would push them in with the front loader and sell.