How do you play with time?

DrBach

How do you play with time?

Post by DrBach »

Having just returned to the series, I got wondering how does everybody else manage the time in their game?
I know there's no one way, but I suppose I'm just looking for a few thoughts and opinions.

At the moment I'm using x1 when I'm tending to fields, x5 when I'm moving around from location to location, and x120 for night time.

- DrBach
W1der

Re: How do you play with time?

Post by W1der »

I basically only use x1 or x120 (when there is nothing to do) ...
[Win11] Intel Core i9-13900F Tray 5.6GHz / MSI RTX4090 24GB GDDR6 / 2x16GB 5600MHz DDR5
anthu

Post by anthu »

W1der wrote: Sat Feb 09, 2019 6:45 pm I basically only use x1 or x120 (when there is nothing to do) ...
I do it same.

x1 when working and driving (senseless to drive with x5 on the hill in NE Felsbrunn to fields 1-5 - the day was over before i am up)
When i did my daywork i speedup to x480 to the next day.
Beginn also with x1, ...

Lg
Andreas
iwan073

Post by iwan073 »

This is what I do:

I turn off plant growth and set the time to 1x
Then I go do what's needed on the fields. So I plow/cultivate, Add lime (if needed), Fertilize the field, seed/plant and then fertilize again.
Once I've done this to all my fields, I put plant growth on fast and time on 120x
Once weeds appear on the fields I put time back at 1x and plant growth off.
Then I get rid of all the weeds, put plant growth back on fast and time on 120x.

Wait till the crops are ready for harvesting. If they are, turn time back to 1x and plant growth off...

And then you repeat everything again.

This way its easy to keep track of your fields
Last edited by iwan073 on Sun Feb 10, 2019 3:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ignorance is bliss
AndOnTheDrums

Post by AndOnTheDrums »

5x slow growth until seasons arrives.
Patrick73

Post by Patrick73 »

5x speed,plant growth slow and plant growth off whilst seeding
CMDRTAKEDOWN

Post by CMDRTAKEDOWN »

Wife and I use fast growth and on 1x speed and skip night.
We have more than enough work to keep busy, We try and get everthing all done before 7pm. We start at 6:30am to give us time to run the horses in which they all take 5 mins each. We both have our own %100 track. Sometime's I'll even use the horse cheek for the weeds in the fields. If it need's to be done then that will be my first job after the horses.
The main thing is not to get yourself trapped in by using helpers. They can and will speed things up to where you run out of job's and bored and need to speed up the time. If your speeding up time alot now then you'll be even more so when season's come's out.
PS4
PS5
Seedy

Post by Seedy »

Can someone tell me what the difference between skipping night and setting to 120x is? when I first started it didn't seem like the chickens were making eggs when I skipped night, vs speeding up, but I didn't have that many chickens. I didn't notice if anything else seemed "suspended" but I sold the house and can't check now, without a new game. I've decided I really hate trying to work at night, and all my fields seem to get ripe at night. :(
redglasses

Post by redglasses »

Skipping night goes alot faster then using 120x. I try to use 5x for field work, but logging is at 1x.
Playing Lincoln Creek on PC
Upload your screenshots here: IMG server
My Discord
Remember there is no need to spread your manure around the forums :wink3:
Jack of all trades, master of the skid steer
Jagtractor

Post by Jagtractor »

Pretty sure skipping night is 3000x speed.
I'm always in 5x. With normal crop growth. I'll turn it up to 30x when i got nothing to do and and waiting for the crop to grow. I skip the night as soon as it gets dark.
PC and PS4 Pro
been playing on pc lately.
hugassi

Post by hugassi »

I use fast growth and on 1x speed and skip night (skipping night is 5000x speed)
GIANTS Software: Partner Program :hi: