1.3 beta. Nice job Giants

IceUul

Re: 1.3 beta. Nice job Giants

Post by IceUul »

TobiHH wrote: Wed Feb 13, 2019 10:24 am There is not much improvement in the sound issue, don`t be too euphoric...
Indeed, don't hope too much, there are small improvements in sounds, don't expect something totally different.
Richard Dower

Post by Richard Dower »

BradM73 wrote: Tue Feb 12, 2019 9:50 pm Most of the Beta patch is fine, though gamepad steering is majorly borked. I use an Xbox 360 controller for driving most of the time, and in Beta 1.3, the steering is incredibly sensitive. Just barely turning left or right with the left thumbpad will cause tractors and semis to almost completely turn left or right. Steering on semi trucks is also incredibly sensitive now, almost to the point of being unplayable. The only option is to turn down turn speed, but this also affects the turn speed for keyboard controls (keyboard controls are fine). It's like there needs to be a way to separate gamepad sensitivity from keyboard sensitivity. If there is such a way, please let me know.
Brad, I have the exact same issue...Xbox one x controller, it pulls to the right. You barely touch the joystick yo the right and any vehicle slowly veers to the right.

You have to constantly compensate for this by nudging the joystick to the left.

I hope giants fix this....please make a bug report.
Riven326

Post by Riven326 »

Richard Dower wrote: Wed Feb 13, 2019 12:40 pm
BradM73 wrote: Tue Feb 12, 2019 9:50 pm Most of the Beta patch is fine, though gamepad steering is majorly borked. I use an Xbox 360 controller for driving most of the time, and in Beta 1.3, the steering is incredibly sensitive. Just barely turning left or right with the left thumbpad will cause tractors and semis to almost completely turn left or right. Steering on semi trucks is also incredibly sensitive now, almost to the point of being unplayable. The only option is to turn down turn speed, but this also affects the turn speed for keyboard controls (keyboard controls are fine). It's like there needs to be a way to separate gamepad sensitivity from keyboard sensitivity. If there is such a way, please let me know.
Brad, I have the exact same issue...Xbox one x controller, it pulls to the right. You barely touch the joystick yo the right and any vehicle slowly veers to the right.

You have to constantly compensate for this by nudging the joystick to the left.

I hope giants fix this....please make a bug report.
I can confirm that the problem also exists on the PS4 version. Could definitely use a sensitivity setting.
Riven326

Post by Riven326 »

TobiHH wrote: Wed Feb 13, 2019 10:24 am There is not much improvement in the sound issue, don`t be too euphoric...
Is there any improvement to the sounds of the hydraulics? For the loader and such.
TobiHH

Post by TobiHH »

I didn`t notice any improvement on this. In the german section of this forum there are a lot of disapppointed comments that the sound is nearly the same than before. Maybe the time until Giants really noticed the sounds issue and the release of the beta patch was a bit too short to make major changes. But honestly I don`t think that Giants will make major changes still in FS19.
Mobias

Post by Mobias »

Just downloaded the beta update from Steam. The engine sounds are definitely improved, as are some other sound effects like cultivating etc. Its not night and day better but there is a definite improvement. I sill find it odd that Giants are behind the curve with their game audio. I just download a Case Magnum tractor mod this evening and the engine audio is superb. Much more realistic, although the audio transitions from stationary to moving are a bit rough. Sill though, I find it odd that some modders can get really nice sound effects for their mods, so why can't Giants?
crash

Post by crash »

Riven326 wrote: Wed Feb 13, 2019 1:53 pm
Is there any improvement to the sounds of the hydraulics? For the loader and such.

There is, in the main meny settings meny! 👍. I have mine set at 150% and love it, loader work is way quicker, don't have to sit around waiting to go lock to lock.. As it was before was fine for slow driving, but at full speed the response was way to slow. I don't crash nearly as often with it at 150%..
Xbox series s and pc :gamer:
In Norway
BradM73

Post by BradM73 »

nkstyle wrote: Wed Feb 13, 2019 8:21 am
I have that controller to.
Go to the settings in game and you will find steering sensitive .
Im put sets to 50% but will be very good if we can push this settings below 50%
The only problem with pushing steering down to 50% is that it also affects keyboard steering too, which is unacceptable. It's just a hot mess right now.
Check out all my farming videos on Youtube and SUBSCRIBE at:
http://www.youtube.com/user/BradM73
Riven326

Post by Riven326 »

BradM73 wrote: Thu Feb 14, 2019 1:46 am
nkstyle wrote: Wed Feb 13, 2019 8:21 am
I have that controller to.
Go to the settings in game and you will find steering sensitive .
Im put sets to 50% but will be very good if we can push this settings below 50%
The only problem with pushing steering down to 50% is that it also affects keyboard steering too, which is unacceptable. It's just a hot mess right now.
I remember that setting on PS4 as well prior to patch 1.2. But I looked in the menu yesterday and it's gone now. I may be mistaken, but I swear I fiddled with that setting when the game launched.
Riven326

Post by Riven326 »

crash wrote: Wed Feb 13, 2019 10:39 pm
Riven326 wrote: Wed Feb 13, 2019 1:53 pm

There is, in the main meny settings meny! 👍. I have mine set at 150% and love it, loader work is way quicker, don't have to sit around waiting to go lock to lock.. As it was before was fine for slow driving, but at full speed the response was way to slow. I don't crash nearly as often with it at 150%..
I was talking about potential sound improvements to the hydraulics with patch 1.3, not improvements to sensitivity. I also set mine to 150%. *thumbsup*
crash

Post by crash »

Quoted wrong post🎅
Xbox series s and pc :gamer:
In Norway