USA style mods for console

iB055

Re: USA style mods for console

Post by iB055 »

Seedy wrote: Thu Feb 14, 2019 2:14 am
JohnDeereLimo wrote: Wed Feb 13, 2019 11:26 pm How 'bout a placeable scrapple factory as a second place to sell pigs? That's American.
I don't think most Americans even know what scrapple is. :)
I'll admit that for just a second there I got scrapple confused with Snapple. :lol:
FS22 / PC & PS4 Pro
Coltar452017

Post by Coltar452017 »

I'm up for a beer factory for in the game
JohnDeereFarmer2019

Post by JohnDeereFarmer2019 »

niggle44 wrote: Wed Feb 13, 2019 3:53 pm And just to finish - please note that there is a whole big world out there and the USA is just a piece of it - if you just want `merica stuff then create your own game maybe called "GM crops and growth hormone cattle farming"
Man I’m trying to get my point across. There’s no need to be running down America. I’m not running down other countries. And don’t bring GMO and hormones into this conversation this is not the time or place to have that type of talk. I’m just trying to get some enjoyment out this game and have a discussion about the game. And if you think the raven port map is an American map. You’re kidding you’re self. I would’ve rather seen welker farms as the American map. I just want to have some of the cool stuff pc players have.
JD for life
Seedy

Post by Seedy »

Addictedtofs wrote: Thu Feb 14, 2019 2:48 am
Seedy wrote: Thu Feb 14, 2019 2:14 am
From Wikipedia, abridged of course, although I will provide the link.

[snip]
TL;DR It was invented by German colonists in the US

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scrapple
I know (ish) what it is, I don't know that I really want to look too closely. :)
I only learned about it from a friend from Pennsylvania Dutch country.
Funny enough, I spent the first 7 years of my life in the DC area, and never heard of it until later in life.
Possibly because both parents were not from east coast, and didn't use it.
niggle44

Post by niggle44 »

Was having a bad day and made some trash comments on the thread. Sorry folks, lets just keep on farming.
Addictedtofs

Post by Addictedtofs »

Seedy wrote: Thu Feb 14, 2019 1:35 pm
I know one thing, its nasty :lol:
Fear of the fool is the beginning of wisdom--The Book of Dawn and Dusk

Dragonborn, huh? Was it your ma or your pa that was the dragon?” --Hadvar

Commander set a course. There's coffee in that nebula.--Admiral Catherine Janeway
JohnDeereLimo

Post by JohnDeereLimo »

Addictedtofs wrote: Thu Feb 14, 2019 4:12 pm
Seedy wrote: Thu Feb 14, 2019 1:35 pm
I know one thing, its delicious :mmm:
FTFY
Addictedtofs

Post by Addictedtofs »

JohnDeereLimo wrote: Thu Feb 14, 2019 4:21 pm
😷
Fear of the fool is the beginning of wisdom--The Book of Dawn and Dusk

Dragonborn, huh? Was it your ma or your pa that was the dragon?” --Hadvar

Commander set a course. There's coffee in that nebula.--Admiral Catherine Janeway
Husqvarna TS 352

Post by Husqvarna TS 352 »

Apparently GIANTS are now allowing edits of their in-game models for console. Can't remember who said but pretty sure it was a CM.

That's why the Strautmann, Fendt 1000 are in the modhub but are just edits of models.

Actually I reckon the Fendt would be the exception cause it was already in 17.

Also who remembers when the John Deere 6M was in the "mod in testing" section for console. I'm guessing that was an edit of an original model because I don't remember seeing a JD 6M for PC in previous games. Obviously it didn't pass testing...
...But what do I know anyway.
G'day
Mattylad98

Post by Mattylad98 »

I want to know if mustang valley ranch is coming back to fs19 as I loved that map and managed to sort everything out on there plus it had 5 fields I only used 3 the biggest ones but overall I enjoyed it and with the new grass textures and placeable animal pens and better silos so would love for it to come to fs 19
Guil

Post by Guil »

Husqvarna TS 352 wrote: Thu Feb 14, 2019 9:25 pm Apparently GIANTS are now allowing edits of their in-game models for console. Can't remember who said but pretty sure it was a CM.

That's why the Strautmann, Fendt 1000 are in the modhub but are just edits of models.

Actually I reckon the Fendt would be the exception cause it was already in 17.

Also who remembers when the John Deere 6M was in the "mod in testing" section for console. I'm guessing that was an edit of an original model because I don't remember seeing a JD 6M for PC in previous games. Obviously it didn't pass testing...
...But what do I know anyway.
I'm nearly certain Lethian from QA was the one who mentioned it. Can't remember if it was here or discord though.
vondeylenfarms

Post by vondeylenfarms »

If they allow more edits of in game models I'll be super thrilled. My hopes would be maybe allowing the American versions if license allows.
Vondeylen Farms Ohio, U.S.
1000 acres, family farm, huge Case IH guy(however mostly John Deere now)

Platform-PS5
Welker Farms over 1000hrs
Onto FS22!
Large JD Farm with corn and soybeans always looking for multiplayer
https://www.youtube.com/user/vondeylen22
Husqvarna TS 352

Post by Husqvarna TS 352 »

x Lethian x wrote: Tue Feb 12, 2019 9:12 am The thought was to give the mods a focus on the top mods - since we basically allow all sorts of mods now on console as well in FS19 (edits for example), we wanted to filter them to show top mods by default so they get more attention. Is also a way for modders to try and up their game to achieve the top mod flag ;)
Here we go Guil. Thanks!
G'day
x Lethian x
Former GIANTS employee

Post by x Lethian x »

Hi there!

Yes, Edits from the basegame are allowed as long as they meet a certain standard. The same tractor with only one config won't do - add some more and maybe add some edits to the 3D model as well as long as it makes sense. Also regarding placeables from the basegame (as a lot of people like to see them) - modders must always provide their own texture files for these which is quite some work. Just linking to the buildingArray files with $data in the i3d won't do as teh mod would be loading ALL OBJECT TEXTURE FILES from that map which is bad ;)
How to report a BUG | How to post a log file | How to upload images
ltl.vamp

Post by ltl.vamp »

x Lethian x wrote: Fri Feb 15, 2019 8:48 am Hi there!
... modders must always provide their own texture files for these which is quite some work. Just linking to the buildingArray files with $data in the i3d won't do as teh mod would be loading ALL OBJECT TEXTURE FILES from that map which is bad ;)
Didn't Stegei told, that the using of the existng textures is a new feature to hold the slots count down in the game? And now it's bad and the modder have to make his own textures, what means at the end to use more slots? On console a high slots count is bad ... :blushnew:
Xbox Series X, Xbox Series S, Xbox One X, Xbox One
FS17 Platinum > FS19 Premium > FS15 Complete > FS22
Samsung UE65MU8009TX 4KUHDHDR