USA style mods for console

x Lethian x
Former GIANTS employee

Re: USA style mods for console

Post by x Lethian x »

Well in this case if you're linking to this file and it gets loaded, the slot count is extremely high/abnormal for a single building since it refers to a file used for ALL textures which is very big in size. Basically all basegame buildings use these and it's ok since they are built into the map, so it only gets loaded once. But if you for example have your building link to the EU building arrays, but you are currently playing on the US map where the US buidling arrays are already loaded, you are basically loading up every EU building array texture there on top of them - and that's bad since it also results in such a high slot count ;)
How to report a BUG | How to post a log file | How to upload images
x Lethian x
Former GIANTS employee

Post by x Lethian x »

It's a special case - and don't get met wrong: You SHOULD always link to teh basegame files where possible. Just not these three buildingArray files please (diffuse, normal, specular) ;)
How to report a BUG | How to post a log file | How to upload images
AgPro Farms

Post by AgPro Farms »

Just putting this out there based on Lethian's post on the previous page, but is it possible that Custom Modding's tractors could've been (I guess not now since they were loaded to other mod sites) available to console if they were uploaded to Giants? Yes, they are mods of current JD tractors, but there are certainly more changes than just one. No front PTO's, but additional tire options, suitcase weight options, no Euro placards, etc. Of course, he may have some additional scripts; haven't noticed any, but I suppose their could be.
AgPro Farms
PS4 User
Mississippi, USA
ltl.vamp

Post by ltl.vamp »

x Lethian x wrote: Fri Feb 15, 2019 12:49 pm It's a special case - and don't get met wrong: You SHOULD always link to teh basegame files where possible. Just not these three buildingArray files please (diffuse, normal, specular) ;)
Ah, now I get it! THX
Xbox Series X, Xbox Series S, Xbox One X, Xbox One
FS17 Platinum > FS19 Premium > FS15 Complete > FS22
Samsung UE65MU8009TX 4KUHDHDR
vondeylenfarms

Post by vondeylenfarms »

AgPro Farms wrote: Fri Feb 15, 2019 12:55 pm Just putting this out there based on Lethian's post on the previous page, but is it possible that Custom Modding's tractors could've been (I guess not now since they were loaded to other mod sites) available to console if they were uploaded to Giants? Yes, they are mods of current JD tractors, but there are certainly more changes than just one. No front PTO's, but additional tire options, suitcase weight options, no Euro placards, etc. Of course, he may have some additional scripts; haven't noticed any, but I suppose their could be.
My question also...I know he even made tires that are already in game just for consoles in hopes it would pass...not sure why it can't?
Vondeylen Farms Ohio, U.S.
1000 acres, family farm, huge Case IH guy(however mostly John Deere now)

Platform-PS5
Welker Farms over 1000hrs
Onto FS22!
Large JD Farm with corn and soybeans always looking for multiplayer
https://www.youtube.com/user/vondeylen22
Princeguardian

Post by Princeguardian »

*thumbsup* custom moddings jd line to console. That would be awesome!
Guil

Post by Guil »

If the mods submitted to modhub for testing were high enough quality and didn't cause errors then they would be on console, if not, they won't.
Cmtaylor

Post by Cmtaylor »

Thats not too much to ask for but some dont try hard enough to get it right bsm, 4d modding, oxygen david, and other make sure its right and some times it gets sent back for something small but they keep at till it is thats why they are to top guys, and then there are odd ball out there that get it right on the word go even then the few that dont just put a link in to get it out and play.

So to any modders out there slow down take your time and be patient with it.