New MF 320 Skidder from Blacksheep Modding

Peter Griffin

Re: New MF 320 Skidder from Blacksheep Modding

Post by Peter Griffin »

DirectCedar wrote: Thu Feb 14, 2019 11:57 pm
Peter Griffin wrote: Thu Feb 14, 2019 11:41 pm
DirectCedar wrote: Thu Feb 14, 2019 9:05 pm

I don't think he means articulate. It is very clear in the video that it articulates.

My guess is he is referring to the axial oscillation about the joint between the front and back components of the skidder. It's hard to see any in the video, and you can see wheels coming off the ground going over undulating terrain. Granted it is going through some pretty serious terrain so maybe there is some oscillating range of motion, just not enough for climbing a mountain :biggrin2:

Regardless of that, the model and implementation looks just awesome, as BSM's stuff always does. It's no wonder many people are pumped about this one.
Skidders don't oscillate in the center. The steering articulates in the center. Only the front axle oscillates around 30deg Stop to stop
Ah. That explains it. I was assuming they oscillated in the centre similarly to an articulated tractor.

Nope. It would be very unstable on uneven ground especially with several logs in the grapple. Tractors work on relatively flat ground so it works on them. My family owns a logging company. We have 3 skidders and they will climb about anything.
XBOX/ FS22
DirectCedar

Post by DirectCedar »

Peter Griffin wrote: Fri Feb 15, 2019 12:28 pm
Nope. It would be very unstable on uneven ground especially with several logs in the grapple. Tractors work on relatively flat ground so it works on them. My family owns a logging company. We have 3 skidders and they will climb about anything.
Very cool. Thanks for the info *thumbsup*
Guil

Post by Guil »

Coltar452017 wrote: Thu Feb 14, 2019 2:59 pm Is it out yet
Let's not make a habit of this again please?
olskool farmer

Post by olskool farmer »

Guil wrote: Fri Feb 15, 2019 8:16 pm
Coltar452017 wrote: Thu Feb 14, 2019 2:59 pm Is it out yet
Let's not make a habit of this again please?
Guil you're right on,it takes time and patience,I'm anxious to see more to come but things take time especially if you want the best details as everything functioning properly,quality comes with time,and I'd like to give out a big thank you to Puma for the small air cooled deutz,I know a farmer who has 2 aircooled Deutz Allis tractors,one regular size and one a little bit smaller,bought them both brand new in 1988-89 and never had one bad thing to say about them,I even read reviews on air cooled Deutz tractors,lots of great thing and there are still tons of them,even older ones as far back as the 50's that still run great,some still in use,they are also efficient let alone fuel efficient and extremely reliable,air cooled Deutz engines themselves are among the best built,and very bulletproof in other words they are as reliable as they come,my Dad's cousin had a Deutz Allis Gleaner combine with an air cooled Deutz engine instead of the optional Cummins,when something would break down on that combine the only thing that never broke down on it was the engine this deutz is liquid cooled,I know deutz made some liquid cooled engines then again the 6.08s were made until 1996 so maybe there were some late ones that were air cooled but very un common
eric21

Post by eric21 »

Say what? :gamer: