Getting tired of tab-ing through the vehicles

mexel75

Getting tired of tab-ing through the vehicles

Post by mexel75 »

This constant tab-ing through your vehicles to find the one you need to use, can be quite wearisome. When your machinery has grown to over ten vehicles and your are doing more of a farm managing than the actual driving, it becomes quite tedius to tab back and forth through your vehicles.

I haven't heard much complaining over this. But I can't be all alone in experiencing this as a minor nuisance. Actually I'm a bit surprised that Giants havn't solved this in some clever way. Or is there some trick you guys use, that totaly has passed me by? In FS17 there was a mod, VehicleGroupSwitching(?), which was most useful. But I havn't seen anything equivalent to FS19 yet.

Would be interested to hear your comments on this.
FS Velocity

Re: Getting tired of tab-ing through the vehicles

Post by FS Velocity »

I agree, it does annoy me when you have multiple vehicles.
GenXFarmer

Post by GenXFarmer »

Hit escape to bring up map, find dot of tractor, and click on it to enter.
Oh, I’m sorry, I thought this was America.
Tomazius96

Post by Tomazius96 »

First world problem huh? If only you had something bigger to worry and complain about? But this ?? Really dude...
anthu

Post by anthu »

First world problems are also problems.
In FS15 and 17 i used vehiclesort for this problem.
And yes, its silly we cant sort or park vehicles in FS19. I will have my combine and driver near, and my frontloader traktor near my mixingwagon,...
I cant understand why giants does them so silly. And doesnt make ther own sort funktion.
Ok, i sort them in the vehicles.xml (pc gamer), but each time when we configure a vehicle, its on the end of the list. ...
Lg
Andreas
Alagos

Post by Alagos »

People could also just stop tab-ing through vehicles, Giants will probably never change it because it's 1 of the most unrealistic features of the game.
I assume people don't use Seasons, unless they say otherwise.

How to upload your >> log<<
How to upload >>images << to the forum
How to get your gamekey's activation limit >>reset<<
How to report a >> bug <<

>>Rules<<
Smith Modding

Post by Smith Modding »

Yeah but most people wouldn’t want to drive/walk across a map to get their vehicle
Smith Modding Co.
Christian Based Modding
Isaiah 30:23- He will also send you rain for the seed you sow in the ground, and the food that comes from the land will be rich and plentiful. In that day your cattle will graze in broad meadows.:
Playing FS15-19 on PC
Playing too much FS19 :mrgreen:
Specs-
i5-7300HQ|NVIDIA GTX 1050ti|16GB DDR4 RAM|1TB/500GB SSD/256GB M.2|Windows 10
Addictedtofs

Post by Addictedtofs »

It is one of the most tiresome thing about this game. In the beginning it's ok, but by the time you have built a sizeable farm, it's a headache trying to find the vehicle you want. This is especially tedious when you need to do something in a hurry, like babysitting a worker or trying to empty your combine on the run before the worker stops.
Fear of the fool is the beginning of wisdom--The Book of Dawn and Dusk

Dragonborn, huh? Was it your ma or your pa that was the dragon?” --Hadvar

Commander set a course. There's coffee in that nebula.--Admiral Catherine Janeway
thumbwiz

Post by thumbwiz »

Are there any mods that improve on this?
Core functionality could be added where you hold TAB to bring up 2 lists. Left list has all vehicles you don't want to tab to, and the right list has just the vehicles you want to tab to. Items could be added/removed from the tab list. New vehicles might be added to the tab list by default.
Then, tabbing to vehicles would be limited to what you want.
If there's already a mod like that, then maybe giants could add it to the core game via an update for console.
X1 / PC gaming
Ontario, Canada
FarmerJeff

Post by FarmerJeff »

In FS13 on Hagenstedt, I never “teleported”. I either ran from vehicle to vehicle, or I used the golf carts to get from field to the farm and back. Made where I parked things important. Now I teleport, I will admit.
anthu

Post by anthu »

thumbwiz wrote: Tue Feb 12, 2019 6:04 pm Are there any mods that improve on this?
Oh yes there are/was mods in ls17 ls15...
As example
https://www.modhoster.de/mods/vehiclesort--2
This was my favorite, there were other mods also as vehicle group switcher etc etc ..
But one of them is sooo much needeed.
Please guys

Lg
Andreas
W1der

Post by W1der »

I would be happy with an addition of a ”ctrl+tab” that only tabs between vehicles which has the engine running!
[Win11] Intel Core i9-13900F Tray 5.6GHz / MSI RTX4090 24GB GDDR6 / 2x16GB 5600MHz DDR5
FS Velocity

Post by FS Velocity »

W1der wrote: Tue Feb 12, 2019 10:53 pm I would be happy with an addition of a ”ctrl+tab” that only tabs between vehicles which has the engine running!
Like that idea, take note Giants *thumbsup*
Seedy

Post by Seedy »

Smith Modding wrote: Tue Feb 12, 2019 5:26 pm Yeah but most people wouldn’t want to drive/walk across a map to get their vehicle
I played the first 20 or so hours not realizing you could hop between vehicles, so I walked everywhere. (also took me a bit to figure out run)
:)
mexel75

Post by mexel75 »

Tomazius96 wrote: Tue Feb 12, 2019 4:31 pm First world problem huh? If only you had something bigger to worry and complain about? But this ?? Really dude...
Hence the word “minor” ..dude :smileynew:

Try to keep your tone here. You dont have to agree. But keep your writing to actual FS19 points, other than just creating an argument.
Last edited by mexel75 on Wed Feb 13, 2019 9:54 am, edited 2 times in total.