Auger wagons

Riven326

Auger wagons

Post by Riven326 »

Who here uses them? I see people playing online that just pull the big rig into the field and fill from the combine.
Rasping rabbit

Re: Auger wagons

Post by Rasping rabbit »

I use them if the shop is a long way from the farm to store seed in sometimes
bossmanslim

Post by bossmanslim »

I don't, mainly because the game mechanics don't force me to and I play solo. Auger wagons are used IRL because the trucks would get stuck in the field and create much higher compaction. FS19 has no mud (heck, it rarely rains), so auger wagons just add an extra step that is fairly pointless under current game mechanics. Maybe after course play gets the bugs worked out it makes sense.
Addictedtofs

Post by Addictedtofs »

I prefer them, not only for the realism but also because it seems easier to use than a bigger tipper on a truck.
Fear of the fool is the beginning of wisdom--The Book of Dawn and Dusk

Dragonborn, huh? Was it your ma or your pa that was the dragon?” --Hadvar

Commander set a course. There's coffee in that nebula.--Admiral Catherine Janeway
Dusty1424

Post by Dusty1424 »

I use them to, park my two trucks on the road or the endriggs and use an auger wagon to empty my harvesters , just seems more realistic
FarmerJeff

Post by FarmerJeff »

They’re useful if you have a “grain train” with several wagons that you don’t want to lug to the harvester.
silveradoman298

Post by silveradoman298 »

I like to use the auger wagons when working multiple adjacent fields that have different crops. I have a central place for the large capacity tipper trailers and use an auger wagon to transport between working harvesters and the tipper trailers.
"I could give my hand to another line of work
But my heart will always be behind the wheel"
Walrusman02

Post by Walrusman02 »

i use em just for the realism. I love the Kinze with the wide tires and i thrown the 8rt on it normally
2004 Sierra 1500 SLE 4x4
5.3 vortec w/turbo
AgPro Farms

Post by AgPro Farms »

I use them every harvest. Mainly just for the realism. Back in the day, I chased the combines with an 8300 Deere (rear row crop duals), and an 800 series Kinze auger wagon. It was a fun gig, especially when we ran multiple combines; you're always on the go. If the truck drivers were on their game, and you didn't have to wait for them, I had very little downtime.

Very glad to see Giants brought Kinze into the fold. Throw in a couple good ol' Kinze planters, and *thumbsup*
AgPro Farms
PS4 User
Mississippi, USA
juf.de

Post by juf.de »

I use slightly modded ones as auger wagons, not for grain, but for lime, so the spreader can stay put on the right location and continue his work without overlapping/missing spots. I know it's unrealistic but who cares ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Tutorials: log.txt, Giants Bilderhoster, erweiterter Texteditor, Konsole (PC)    /    Direktlink Giants Imagehoster
[PC] [Mac] [XB1] [PS4] in the thread title keeps the Forum clean / im Threadtitel hält das Forum übersichtlich
Playing on PC
PrincessJessi84

Post by PrincessJessi84 »

I use one in game one for loading from the harvester to drop in the waiting cart at the fields edge and as juf.de said, one for carting lime to the spreader in the field (if im playing maps where the field size justifies it)
https://fs19communitytrader.freeforums.net/
PC
PC - Ryzen 7-2700 8core, 32gb ram, 2x2tb SSD, RTX 2080 SUPER 8gb, GX-850 Gold PSU
Displays - ASUS ROG Strix XG43VQ 43” Super Ultra-Wide Curved HDR Gaming Monitor 120Hz (3840 x 1200)
Samsung CFG70 27" Curved gaming Monitor 144HZ (1920 x 1080)
2x 24" Dell Monitors
Controllers - T150 Pro, Side Panel, TrackIR7, TM Stick
Gimli54

Post by Gimli54 »

In 17 I never used the but on my test and platinum trophy map for 19 I’ve been using one and having fun with it, maybe when I get fs on pc for the first time this summer I might use them more as I’ll be able to run a combine and let the worker run the grain buggy
bader420

Post by bader420 »

bossmanslim wrote: Tue Feb 12, 2019 4:53 pm I don't, mainly because the game mechanics don't force me to and I play solo. Auger wagons are used IRL because the trucks would get stuck in the field and create much higher compaction. FS19 has no mud (heck, it rarely rains), so auger wagons just add an extra step that is fairly pointless under current game mechanics. Maybe after course play gets the bugs worked out it makes sense.
Uh it's called role playing
Alexandro

Post by Alexandro »

I guess that if you use a big ass tipper (over 200.000 liters) with a truck to transport your harvest to a selling point, it doesn't look very realistic on a field chasing combines. There's a mod called Peecon Cargotronic that holds 92000 liters and functions both as tipper and auger wagon. What I don't like with the in-game augers is that you can't dump stuff in your silos or selling points.
MarkSH

Post by MarkSH »

bader420 wrote: Sat Feb 16, 2019 4:27 am Uh it's called role playing
So is "The thing is very expensive and does nothing for me". Tell me of a real life farmer who uses a tool that is both expensive AND does very little to nothing for their operations.

Say a sheep farmer who keeps a TMR mix wagon. It's a wagon, it can carry stuff and disgorge it. Or would a real farmer think "I'll use a cheaper wagon, thanks."?

I would think that the OP would like to see a use for it, even if it has to break real life simulation to add it in. E.g. if it could store multiple things in one bin, like a storage barn, except it uses one total liter count. Sure it would still be niche, but there are direct drills that fertilise too. So one wagon that holds seeds and solid fertiliser for refills would be somewhat useful.

Finding a use for a product means the effort of the programmers in making that product has not gone in vain.

If the devs had not bothered with anything more than three auger wagons to cover small, medium and large, then all that dev effort could be spent on something that gets used. Heck, given the lack of use for them, there's a good case to save effort and UI space and just ditch the auger wagons altogether, if there's never going to be a use for them that the game exploits.