Frontier design

BulletBill

Re: Frontier design

Post by BulletBill »

norfolk farmer wrote: Sun Jan 12, 2020 1:23 pm I'm really looking forward too this as my interest in 19 is rapidly decreasing, one of the things I'm missing is the lack of maps now with multi terrain angle included.
"The Western Shore" uses "Multi Terrain Angle" and is set to 64 angles instead of the 32 on previous maps. (This still doesn't affect the Potato ridges sadly)
j_maybury wrote: Sun Jan 12, 2020 2:04 pm Bill, Is the ninth farm arable only? like in Colsbrourgh Park Farm? I can't wait to have a go on this map, just this thread alone has put a smile back on my face. To get something new and this good for FS17 after a hole full-on year of disappointment with FS19 is a breath of fresh air. Thank's Bill... *thumbsup* :smileynew:
Yes the 9th farm yard is arable only.

When I built the map I built it to each of my friends requirements.

The rest all wanted 1 yard with both animal and arable combined.

I wanted 2 yards. 1 small sheep, and 1 larger arable.

But it means you can technically run 8 Arable farms. All the arable yards have storage either silo or grain stores for cereals.
They all have silage clamps to and workshops.
Join the "Frontier Design" Discord: https://discord.gg/7P8ePvU
pingu

Post by pingu »

Wow, exciting! I already sense that this is the map for me for the rest of this year (I only play a few hours a week).

Things that are not to my absolute liking is the multiple farm thing. I just have a hard time choosing my 'main farm' when there are several! :) I also prefer to have all animals on the same farm (or at least chicken and (cow and pigs/sheep). Chickens in a pen (and some stray cat or dog roaming around) creates such a nice feeling on a farm. But it is what it is, and I understand there are some performance issues with animals close togehter...?

But what I do like is that is it set by the sea. I already long for the same kind of scenic views that West Coast and Shamrock have. And judging by the road network, etc., it seems to be modelled after the real world which is something I prefer. And true to your tradition, I'm sure it will be playable and error-free and just - beautiful! :)

I guess this is a British-style map with lots of hedges and stuff around fields. Can any of the fields be joined together?

Also, are there any space on the farms so that an amateur like me can modify it with placeables, Place Anywhere mod, and Ground Modification? One thing I love about a map like Lone Oak is that it is a complete and realistic looking farm with some wear and tear and the right amount of stray objects, but still has free open space around it that makes it easy to expand with buildings, make new roads/yards, etc.

Thanks in advance! Really looking forward to exploring this map!
<-- FS17 on an iMac 27" playing Lone Oak Farm and The Western Shore -->
BulletBill

Post by BulletBill »

pingu wrote: Sun Jan 12, 2020 4:55 pm Wow, exciting! I already sense that this is the map for me for the rest of this year (I only play a few hours a week).

Things that are not to my absolute liking is the multiple farm thing. I just have a hard time choosing my 'main farm' when there are several! :) I also prefer to have all animals on the same farm (or at least chicken and (cow and pigs/sheep). Chickens in a pen (and some stray cat or dog roaming around) creates such a nice feeling on a farm. But it is what it is, and I understand there are some performance issues with animals close togehter...?

But what I do like is that is it set by the sea. I already long for the same kind of scenic views that West Coast and Shamrock have. And judging by the road network, etc., it seems to be modelled after the real world which is something I prefer. And true to your tradition, I'm sure it will be playable and error-free and just - beautiful! :)

I guess this is a British-style map with lots of hedges and stuff around fields. Can any of the fields be joined together?

Also, are there any space on the farms so that an amateur like me can modify it with placeables, Place Anywhere mod, and Ground Modification? One thing I love about a map like Lone Oak is that it is a complete and realistic looking farm with some wear and tear and the right amount of stray objects, but still has free open space around it that makes it easy to expand with buildings, make new roads/yards, etc.

Thanks in advance! Really looking forward to exploring this map!
This map was built purely for Multiplayer so geared towards that playstyle.
With having multiple animals of the same type your not limited to having to stay in the same place.
You are correct placing all the animals together causes big performance drops something I learnt on Coldborough Park Farm so no longer build a farm with all the animals together.

You do have plenty of scenic views around the map. The road network is more extensive than TWC, which makes you feel like the map is bigger. It also gives you multiple routes to travel across the map.

I don't think any of the fields can be joined together. I did try using the removable hedges that were on Modhub, but with the amount of them on the map they cause massive performance drops so I removed them.

This is a UK map and is not designed for large farming. It does not have the open spaces that Lone Oak has for using placeables.

Land space was at a premium trying to fit enough fields and yards for all the server players. I couldn't afford to leave lots of empty spaces across the map.
There is one placeable area you could use if you don't use the Straw Addon DLC.
We designed the map to start you off with the pellet hall and sell point if you activate that DLC. However if you don't have it then there will be a space where the pellet hall was.

In some ways this map may limit certain other playstyles as it was built primarily around UK farming methods.

But I hope you enjoy it nonetheless.
Guitarman

Post by Guitarman »

All that can really be said is thank you! BB your work looks beyond incredible. As someone who's been very disappointed with 19 since release and gone back to 17 I totally agree with you on it. I've been following your progress with the Western Shore, since you started posting photos on fb, with awe. Actually pushed me to try my hand at some mapping myself (to terrible results haha, but maybe I'll get the hang of it one day). I'd accepted you were planning to keep it with your friends and got the reasons, so I didn't believe it at first when EPs video popped up. And simplysafemods is exactly the breath of fresh air this community seems to need, so massive hats off to Grizzly for that.

FS means a lot to me for many reasons, but it wouldn't have nearly so much without the work of you and all others like you over the years. So thank you. For everything.

(end of slightly soppy post ;) )
Optimist: Glass is half full
Pessimist: Glass is half empty

Engineer: The glass is twice the size it needs to be!

PC Specs (upgraded at last!): Acer Orion 3000; i5-8400, 8Gb Ram, GTX 1050ti, Intel Optane 16gb
BulletBill

Post by BulletBill »

Guitarman wrote: Sun Jan 12, 2020 6:31 pm FS means a lot to me for many reasons, but it wouldn't have nearly so much without the work of you and all others like you over the years. So thank you. For everything.

(end of slightly soppy post ;) )
Thank you for that post, I really appreciate it. I hope you thoroughly enjoy the map.
Guitarman

Post by Guitarman »

You're most welcome. I have no I'll love it! :)
Optimist: Glass is half full
Pessimist: Glass is half empty

Engineer: The glass is twice the size it needs to be!

PC Specs (upgraded at last!): Acer Orion 3000; i5-8400, 8Gb Ram, GTX 1050ti, Intel Optane 16gb
BulletBill

Post by BulletBill »

-- MOD RELEASE --

"4 Furrow Reversable Plough Pack"

-- Details --

This mod contains four ploughs from four different brands. They all have dynamic Hoses as well.

- Dowdeswell 104
- Kuhn Varimaster 153
- Lemken Europal 5
- Poettinger Servo 35

-- Specs --

Price: 15,000
Working Width: 2.0m
Daily Upkeep: 10

http://simplysafemods.com/dow…/fs17-fou ... ough-pack/

norfolk farmer

Post by norfolk farmer »

I watched the video from Eustace Pharmer earlier today and "The Western Shore " looks truly stunning I can see me setting up home on it when it releases 👍
hugassi

Post by hugassi »

will also be released for consoles?
GIANTS Software: Partner Program :hi:
eric21

Post by eric21 »

No as these mods are for fs17
hugassi

Post by hugassi »

i know and the question is if it will be released for fs17 on consoles
norfolk farmer

Post by norfolk farmer »

hugassi wrote: Mon Jan 13, 2020 12:47 pm i know and the question is if it will be released for fs17 on consoles
I don't think it will as it would need testing by Giants and i don't believe they test 17 mods any longer.
BulletBill

Post by BulletBill »

Even if GIANTS were willing to test it, the map is around the 950MB size so would not be allowed on Modhub full stop for Fs17 as the limit was 768MB.

Also the map relies on custom scripts to function fully that are built into the map. These wouldn't be allowed on console either.

Obviously when I built this map I gave myself no restrictions other than it had to have good FPS performance.
Currently the average is around 80-90fps, with the lowest point around 65fps and the highest 140+. (This is with frame rate limiter disabled)
With frame rate limiter on it stays at 60fps everywhere in SP.

With Seasons and MP it is not as good as that due to the nature of such a heavy script plus being limited by the MP dedi server.

Then it runs on average around 65fps with a low of 48fps and a high of over 120fps. This is with 8 different players machinery collections and many hundreds of bales etc.
hugassi

Post by hugassi »

It is a shame indeed because the work will always be of excellent quality.
hugassi

Post by hugassi »

Anyway, once again congratulations for the quality work you've always done BB.