Frontier design

OlavEmil

Re: Frontier design

Post by OlavEmil »

This does sound good indeed.

With all the added features, does the map still work as intended with MR mod?
norfolk farmer

Post by norfolk farmer »

Speed cameras :shock: :lol:
wombles

Post by wombles »

Bill your outstanding in your field :lol:, that really does sound good. And your right a far cry from the FS17 I last played. Excellent work. We really are blessed with great modders for this game. :smileynew:
pingu

Post by pingu »

Wow! *thumbsup* It was exactly this kind of stuff I looked forward to in FS19... The 'little' things that adds realism and feel and fun.
<-- FS17 on an iMac 27" playing Lone Oak Farm and The Western Shore -->
BulletBill

Post by BulletBill »

OlavEmil wrote: Mon Jan 20, 2020 1:08 pm This does sound good indeed.

With all the added features, does the map still work as intended with MR mod?
I haven't personally tried the map with MR, but none of the added features would affect MR in anyway.
norfolk farmer wrote: Mon Jan 20, 2020 2:33 pm Speed cameras :shock: :lol:
You have to be careful in your Fastrac's that's for sure. :lol:
wombles wrote: Mon Jan 20, 2020 2:36 pm Bill your outstanding in your field :lol:, that really does sound good. And your right a far cry from the FS17 I last played. Excellent work. We really are blessed with great modders for this game. :smileynew:
Thank you, but it's not just me on my own. Ian898, and Stu (Aston) have contributed an awful lot of time and skill into the map.

It makes CPF, and TWC, even Lone Oak to a certain extent feel dated and bare.

One of the aspects we wanted the map to have was to feel lived in. Not empty of life. There is tons of detail all around, if you explore the map you will keep finding more and more. There only small things but when added together they give you a sense of life and familiarity which gives you even more enjoyment.

I am really looking forward to what everyone notices most about the map as time goes on.

Most importantly the map runs smoother than any of my previous maps FPS wise.
In SP on max graphics the lowest it goes is 70FPS, most of the map runs at 90-120FPS. Some parts hit 140+.
That means even with Seasons and in Multiplayer with loads of players, equipment, bales etc the map still runs well. (Obviously not taking into account badly made mods that affect performance)
pingu wrote: Mon Jan 20, 2020 3:13 pm Wow! *thumbsup* It was exactly this kind of stuff I looked forward to in FS19... The 'little' things that adds realism and feel and fun.
A lot of people will say the little things don't matter, and on there own they don't but when you add them altogether it makes a huge difference.
Join the "Frontier Design" Discord: https://discord.gg/7P8ePvU
norfolk farmer

Post by norfolk farmer »

BulletBill wrote: Mon Jan 20, 2020 3:24 pm

You have to be careful in your Fastrac's that's for sure. :lol:
Having spent a bit of time with Nathan on another server those cameras must be costing him a fortune :mrgreen:
norfolk farmer

Post by norfolk farmer »

pingu wrote: Mon Jan 20, 2020 3:13 pm Wow! *thumbsup* It was exactly this kind of stuff I looked forward to in FS19... The 'little' things that adds realism and feel and fun.
It always the little things that make the biggest difference,overall 19 is it not a bad game but it's the little things that are wrong with it that takes away my enjoyment.
j_maybury

Post by j_maybury »

Can we throw some tyres over the gatso's and set lite to them. :lol:
wombles

Post by wombles »

BulletBill wrote: Mon Jan 20, 2020 3:24 pm A lot of people will say the little things don't matter, and on there own they don't but when you add them altogether it makes a huge difference.
It's the little things in life that make it worth while Bill.

One thing I was wondering about the speed camera's, can we out run the ole Bill in the Massey :lol:.
BulletBill

Post by BulletBill »

j_maybury wrote: Mon Jan 20, 2020 4:58 pm Can we throw some tyres over the gatso's and set lite to them. :lol:
They are indestructible... :biggrin2: but you can try...
wombles wrote: Mon Jan 20, 2020 5:18 pm It's the little things in life that make it worth while Bill.

One thing I was wondering about the speed camera's, can we out run the ole Bill in the Massey :lol:.
Judging by the few cars that tried to run and failed (check for crashed cars on the map) I would say not. :lol:
wiseguy49

Post by wiseguy49 »

First off, wombles - time to take it to PM.

I thought I would add my 2 cents to this topic - since I am the self proclaimed "people's hammer."

BulletBill - my biggest problem with you has been I feel that many of your posts and images show "this is what I have and you don't." Whether right or wrong, I'm not sure, but that was my perception of you. But, I do have to applaud you for deciding to release your map. Again, maybe I was wrong, or maybe my opinion needs to change. Either way, this is a step in the right direction in my book. Now, someone may ask - are you being nice because you want the map released? No. I'm just stating my opinion. I like big equipment, the bigger the better, tons of factories, mining, etc. This map probably won't suit my needs, but others will love it.

Bottom line, hats off to you. And good luck.
BulletBill

Post by BulletBill »

wiseguy49 wrote: Tue Jan 21, 2020 12:56 am First off, wombles - time to take it to PM.

I thought I would add my 2 cents to this topic - since I am the self proclaimed "people's hammer."

BulletBill - my biggest problem with you has been I feel that many of your posts and images show "this is what I have and you don't." Whether right or wrong, I'm not sure, but that was my perception of you. But, I do have to applaud you for deciding to release your map. Again, maybe I was wrong, or maybe my opinion needs to change. Either way, this is a step in the right direction in my book. Now, someone may ask - are you being nice because you want the map released? No. I'm just stating my opinion. I like big equipment, the bigger the better, tons of factories, mining, etc. This map probably won't suit my needs, but others will love it.

Bottom line, hats off to you. And good luck.
Thank you Wiseguy, I am sorry if my posts ever came across like that. I guess perception is a funny thing, and it can change.

Quite honestly I've always enjoyed sharing whatever I create for Farm Sim with anyone who wants it.

Not because I want to show off or seek attention, as some accuse me, but I just have a passion for trying to improve the maps I make.

Because the map was for Fs17 I didn't think there was any point releasing it. Also the whole point of building it was for my friends on our server.
But as time as gone on and I've seen more and more people wanting a new Fs17 map to play on, I decided to go ahead and release it.

Whether many people bother to play it, or not, that doesn't bother me. I just enjoyed making it, and am now enjoying playing on it with my friends.
SJ_Sathanas

Post by SJ_Sathanas »

You don't come across like that to me at all. You just like modding FS17 is all I see.
Crumble84

Post by Crumble84 »

Is it out yet? Really need a good map for 17 to play on
norfolk farmer

Post by norfolk farmer »

BulletBill wrote: Tue Jan 21, 2020 3:08 am Whether many people bother to play it, or not, that doesn't bother me. I just enjoyed making it, and am now enjoying playing on it with my friends.
I'm currently on The West Coast but i have my land agents scurrying around looking for a nice mixed farm in the South West, I am looking forward to the message to say they have found somewhere for me.

The interest is definitely still there for 17 from many people, Gav8080 on Youtube has just started streaming CPF and had more views i believe than for 19,even Nathan being in chat is not keeping people away :lol: