Can we have Blank template maps, for Consoles ?

Airborne82nd

Post by Airborne82nd »

Hm, well as i said, i didn't come out with thread being Giants was on vacation. I was just talking to a guy knowledgeable about this on an unrelated thread. Maybe one sell point on your own farm and not three lol? We'll see, i think they can make it work.
BreadedVirus

Post by BreadedVirus »

Airborne82nd wrote: Tue Feb 12, 2019 11:31 pm It seems
Edit by Guil, don't post if all you are going to do is try belittle or make fun of of someone's opinions or ideas. Any more of it and you will be put on the pre-moderated list
the big print giveth the small print taketh
Airborne82nd

Post by Airborne82nd »

Drmattymd wrote: Wed Feb 13, 2019 4:11 am Having only one sell point causes errors with the great demand system and locks your game up
Hm, well that was a change from 17. Welker had one selling point. Again, if Giants can work this out is the question. It really doesn't seem like a big deal. All the "what ifs" and the rest i suppose they would answer.

It would be so much easier than folks waiting for maps they may not like, and again, folks may not like the blank templates, and have other things they could play.

I mean for me, all i'd do, is give me a big green flat map, i'd grass be gone for the roads (or paths), just plow a big tic tac toe separating the fields. A selling point with a couple silos. My house, a storage for my equipment , have a point on the map when i buy things from the menu for them to appear...and...that's it lol.

That's def doable, but not everyone may like that. Others may. I'm a grain farmer so that's works for me.

I just want to farm. Not run into things with fences, trees and the rest. So maybe there's a way for Giants to make it work in some ways, which is i would think, but not in all ways.
thumbwiz

Post by thumbwiz »

redglasses wrote: Wed Feb 13, 2019 3:54 am I doubt it we’ve discussed this before and giants probably saw that thread. And trust me the slots would be an issue. Building your own farm, let’s say 3 sell points, and everything else we would want (landscaping, trees) it would be a slight problem unless it’s a small area. We can’t exactly optimize it like a modder would.
I don't think people realize that if you started with a blank map, you would have many many more slots to work with.
All the objects you see on a map are taking up RAM (slots). Remove them, and that memory is freed, assuming the coding is done properly.
Other objects slot count is not listed because those objects are static. For example, it might help people understand this if giants could tell us how much RAM (slots) the train consumes, or how much ram (slots) the spinnery consumes.
X1 / PC gaming
Ontario, Canada
redglasses

Post by redglasses »

Ya I know and realize that, like I stated above I think it would be good for an altenstein size map, this is assuming you want to make a map with hills and mountains, also lots of trees and one or two water features. If you didnt do all that you would have tons of slots
Playing Lincoln Creek on PC
Upload your screenshots here: IMG server
My Discord
Remember there is no need to spread your manure around the forums :wink3:
Jack of all trades, master of the skid steer
Airborne82nd

Post by Airborne82nd »

Well the mountains and the peripheral of the map aren't going to take the slots. But i guess if you want all those trees and stuff it would. But as he said, when you have a blank map, you have no slots at all at that point. But again, you're not going to have a full bodied map like you would see from Giants or Mods, being they have more to work with.

But we can have our own farm i would think, just nothing fancy. So yeah, if you don't congest the map, you'll have the slots.
BrandonD01

Post by BrandonD01 »

I think theoretically a modder could make a map fairly flat with a few main roads, the main sell points and shop spaced out somewhat, a couple of fields for contracts, a few houses and out buildings and the rest of the map full of grass and a lot of different trees already put on the map. Then the player could cut down the trees he wanted and remove stumps as opposed to "adding" trees thus not taking up slots, and paint on other roads and things using the land forming tool as the player wanted. Kind of like the creator of Alps Panorama At the Northern Sea done just with a more flatter map. Just my suggestion.
BrandonD01
JESUS is LORD!!
!!FARM ON!!

PS4 - CajunFarmboy
Airborne82nd

Post by Airborne82nd »

BrandonD01 wrote: Wed Feb 13, 2019 3:53 pm I think theoretically a modder could make a map fairly flat with a few main roads, the main sell points and shop spaced out somewhat, a couple of fields for contracts, a few houses and out buildings and the rest of the map full of grass and a lot of different trees already put on the map, thus not taking up slots. Then the player could cut down the trees he wanted and remove stumps rather than adding trees thus not taking up slots, and paint on other roads and things using the land forming tool as the player wanted. Kind of like the creator of Alps Panorama At the Northern Sea done just with a more flatter map. Just my suggestion.
Right, it would depend on the template. If the Template is titled "Midwest Plains', of course there would not be any trees pre set on that map. If the template was " Saxony", it likely would.

So it's all about picking the map you'd want to play on, and what they decide to put on it. But there's no sense in blank templates, if it's already pre set, and and all the items on it etc. Being i think that's what would take the work, and more design, more testing, and more time getting them out.
Derplodactyl

Re: Can we have Blank template maps, for Consoles ?

Post by Derplodactyl »

I don't think a console could necessarily cope very well with all of those features and the amount of work people would want to pour into it. The slot system would ruin it before you really even start.

The Alps Panorama map (as mentioned) is kinda what you've asked for. The fields require you to make plow them, and the general ability to individualise the map is pretty decent already. Too much customisation, I imagine, is probably too much for consoles to handle. I also don't think Giants are willing to put the huge amount of work into something like this, because if they release a "blank" map, they (and the modders) also need to make buildings, trees, animal pens, etc. It's just not that simple.

It's a nice idea, but I don't think it's practical.
- James G | Derplodactyl (The Jaggler)
- Giants Ambassador 🇬🇧
- PC & Xbox One

PC Specs:
-AsRock B550M Extreme4 Steel Legend
-AMD Ryzen 9 5900X
-EVGA RTX 3080Ti XC3 Ultra
-Corsair 32GB DDR4 @3600MHz
-1TB Samsung 970 Evo Pro M.2 + 256gb NVMe Storage
Airborne82nd

Post by Airborne82nd »

Well @dribbly i think we already went over that, in the the slots wouldn't as much be the issue, in that you're starting off with a blank map. And quite frankly, i really can't say, or say understand how much work and effort Giants would have to contribute...for a blank map lol. But thanks for your contribution.

I think Giants given their situation, with i think illnesses they may be dealing with, or more than 200 mods in the waiting for testing, many of which may not even be compatible to Giants latest standard, may need a Plan B.

And so, building our own farm, to the capacity we can, may be a good idea for some.

However, we'll see what Giants has planned for us in the near future :smileynew:
Cougarco93

Post by Cougarco93 »

I’d just settle for a flat map, no fences, placeable fences that snap together, and animals and shop near main HQ, and wide enough roads( main fault with lone oaks), and if cpu can drive it( bronco) then I can drive it
Tylercheesey1986

Post by Tylercheesey1986 »

Flatmap by Przemson??
Aussie who loves himself a 7790 JD cotton picker, 100ac was most i got off in one day. (22.5hrs)
Currently a 300 ac irrigated beef farmer with Hereford Angus x.
50-120 head.
Gear-MF i148, 7 disc offset plow, fert/seed broadcaster, harrow bars.
Only crop for improving grazing capacity so don't need much.
Aussie farmer who thinks FS 19 rulz :gamer:
Xbox gamer tag- TopCheesey420
niggle44

Post by niggle44 »

WE now have the Flatmap on console but I think once you start placing fences / trees / street lighting etc the slot count is going to get hit really hard.
redglasses

Post by redglasses »

Yes it will. Not sure why this is a surprise to anyone. Even above it was mentioned.
Playing Lincoln Creek on PC
Upload your screenshots here: IMG server
My Discord
Remember there is no need to spread your manure around the forums :wink3:
Jack of all trades, master of the skid steer
Jimbob0704

Post by Jimbob0704 »

lol all the texts about how it wouldn’t work then out comes this, some people who pretend to know more than they actually do must feel a little stupid if they read this thread now lol
Owner of YouTube channel FS landscaping
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCVa5pA ... kqx5eVXmxw