About mods in testing

Jughead425

About mods in testing

Post by Jughead425 »

I’m not trying to be rude what so ever I love farming but giants need to stop saying we are going to get a daily mods in testing update cause they have been saying it’s going to be a daily update for the past 2 months and nothing has changed. Like I said I’m not trying to be rude giants if you cant make it a daily update stop saying you will promise us it will get better and you will start updating everyday cause you haven’t kept your past promises, and what I mean by that is you keep saying that you will start updating more often or you will start doing more things for console members and no you don’t. So I apologize in advance if this offends someone I’m strictly saying this cause someone needs to say it. Giants I love farming simulator but please try to do better.
Goose66

Re: About mods in testing

Post by Goose66 »

They've informed us that they have severe staff shortages.
People need to quit bloody complaining about every little thing. Had a load of mods and maps in the last week and now it's we want to see the mods in testing every day.
Unbelievable
Playing on PC....Hollandscheveld maizeplus map
Suffolk, England
Discord ...Goose66
eric21

Post by eric21 »

Really don't understand why people want mods every day and when they come out, they saybits rubbish or won't use ot
livesea72

Post by livesea72 »

I know at one point mods were getting low ratings cause it wasn't a particular map or mods certain people wanted and it made a few modders reluctant to update their work,pathetic really .
FS13 xbox360/ FS15 ps4/xbox one/ FS17 xbox one/ps4pro platinum trophy /FS19 ps4pro platinum trophy/ FS 22 PC
Countryboy777

Post by Countryboy777 »

:gamer:
Last edited by Countryboy777 on Wed Feb 13, 2019 5:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Aaronobrien718

Post by Aaronobrien718 »

I couldn't care less if they are understaffed over 10 million copies of the game were sold in the first 10 days of release. If the game sold for an average of £35 and sold 10 million copies in the first 10 days. And its not like the game just came out it still has a lot of issues, if they are using the excuse of being understaffed I'm not buying it they have had plenty of time and money to hire the people to hire the right people and deliver a finished game to the players and respect the modders and their work and not have it sitting in an inbox for a month before its even considered to be tested
markare

Post by markare »

Mods are being tested, the thread is updated regularly, mods are getting released, hiring staff takes time. No game is perfect these days, they all get patched to hell and back, its the world we live in.

It's not like they have stopped working on the game, they have released patches, they have released another one recently on PC that is in beta that fixes a lot of the errors people reported at the beginning of the game. A little read through the forums and you would find all this information.
:hi:
Scottish farming with all the n00bery
Xb1
Sometimes stream, depends how I feel
http://aatg.freeforums.net/ work in progress
eric21

Post by eric21 »

Modders take your time don't listen to impatient people
FS Velocity

Post by FS Velocity »

Aaronobrien718 wrote: Wed Feb 13, 2019 5:37 pm I couldn't care less if they are understaffed over 10 million copies of the game were sold in the first 10 days of release. If the game sold for an average of £35 and sold 10 million copies in the first 10 days. And its not like the game just came out it still has a lot of issues, if they are using the excuse of being understaffed I'm not buying it they have had plenty of time and money to hire the people to hire the right people and deliver a finished game to the players and respect the modders and their work and not have it sitting in an inbox for a month before its even considered to be tested
But one of the guys in the QA team was off because of surgery you don’t know if it was an emergency situation or a planned one and why would they hire if the team they have was enough. I’m sure their intentions wasn’t to annoy the community or modders.
Alagos

Post by Alagos »

And it's 1 million copies in the first 10 days. And honestly, the game came out no worse than FS17, as far as I know. The only thing that was a big 'problem' for everyone, was the problem with wheels/joysticks/whatever, which I can't say is actually that important for the first few days of playing.
I assume people don't use Seasons, unless they say otherwise.

How to upload your >> log<<
How to upload >>images << to the forum
How to get your gamekey's activation limit >>reset<<
How to report a >> bug <<

>>Rules<<
FS Velocity

Post by FS Velocity »

I don’t know what I am missing but lots of people saying about bugs and issues I’ve got over 400hrs in and to be honest I haven’t had any issues well apart from the wheel / peddle issues at the start and they fixed that pretty quickly.
chedly_farms

Post by chedly_farms »

Giants: We tested and released 4 maps, released a patch to fix bugs for beta testing, and gave you other really cool mods this week, and let you know we have a partnership of some kind with Claas.

(Three Days Later)

A small percentage of the Fandom: It has been three whole days since Giants released a new mod! Grr...how do they expect us to play this terrible game? Really Giants?!?

The rest of the fandom: (too busy playing Marwell Farm map to comment)
Currently Playing on XBoxOne : Elm Creek

-----> And "Thank You Modders" for your contributions <----
DevilkidHUN

Post by DevilkidHUN »

Aaronobrien718 wrote: Wed Feb 13, 2019 5:37 pm I couldn't care less if they are understaffed over 10 million copies of the game were sold in the first 10 days of release. If the game sold for an average of £35 and sold 10 million copies in the first 10 days. And its not like the game just came out it still has a lot of issues, if they are using the excuse of being understaffed I'm not buying it they have had plenty of time and money to hire the people to hire the right people and deliver a finished game to the players and respect the modders and their work and not have it sitting in an inbox for a month before its even considered to be tested
They can't hire someone who doesn't have the right knowledge.
Xbox 1 Felsbrunn If I make any mistake,
please correct me:)
garyst

Post by garyst »

It all depends on the person and what types of mods they are looking for. For me I very rarely find any of the mods useful to my farm or something that I like. I might find just one or two mods a month that interests me any. So when a group of mods get released and I don't see anything of interest to me I am already looking forward to the next batch and hoping it comes soon until I find something I like. Only found about six or seven mods I like so far in fs19, but there are some people who probably found alot more mods that are useful to them and are very happy with the mods that have been released thus far.
Jeytav

Post by Jeytav »

As soon as the find the right people for the QA job openings you'll see a lot more mods in testing and mods being released, but until then this is how it's going to be. Also it's important to remember that giants are not only testing mods to make sure they are as good as they can be(with some errors etc slipping through) but they also pay modders if their mod gets a high enough ranking.

Now I believe that the QA team currently have 2-3 people that needs to test patches, upcoming DLC and mods and well idk about you but that's not a lot but hey what can you do, they gotta find the right people for the job and not just pull some random people in from the street that don't know anything about the gaming industry.

So be patient and have fun with what you got right now ;)