Only buy this game from Giants or Steam

BigTim

Only buy this game from Giants or Steam

Post by BigTim »

Wanted to share my experience to save others the aggravation and inconvience. I bought an FS19 key from Kinguin vendor named okkeys it worked for 30 days and now is invalid. So now I can't play the game and have to rebuy it and most likely have to contact my bank for refund. Fraudulent keys are being sold on sites like that and similar sites such as G2A. So never buy any keys for any games on any of those sites period. Anyone else here ever had issues with sites like that in the past? Steam or Fanatical is where I recommend buying from or direct from developer/publisher sites. Just trying to help others here and last always remember there is a reason Steam exists.
iB055

Re: Only buy this game from Giants or Steam

Post by iB055 »

I purchased mine @ Game Stop. :mrgreen:
FS22 / PC & PS4 Pro
george.earlslight

Post by george.earlslight »

BigTim wrote: Thu Feb 14, 2019 11:02 pm Wanted to share my experience to save others the aggravation and inconvience. I bought an FS19 key from Kinguin vendor named okkeys it worked for 30 days and now is invalid. So now I can't play the game and have to rebuy it and most likely have to contact my bank for refund. Fraudulent keys are being sold on sites like that and similar sites such as G2A. So never buy any keys for any games on any of those sites period. Anyone else here ever had issues with sites like that in the past? Steam or Fanatical is where I recommend buying from or direct from developer/publisher sites. Just trying to help others here and last always remember there is a reason Steam exists.
Most of the grey market key vendors offer buyer protection.
That being said I prefer to buy from official resellers, see Steam, GOG, Amazon etc.
In your shoes, I'd consider the Kinguin key a 30day demo and buy the game from Steam.
juf.de

Post by juf.de »

I buy most of my gamekeys from kinguin or mmoga and never had any problem with activation, all of my games bought trough them still work today. Also all of those "grey market vendors" offer a buyers protection like george.earlslight wrote, you should always use that option even if its a little bit more expensive, as it gives you the option to terminate the purchase or request another key. Depending on the country you are from you should also select a payment method with the best consumer protection, in my case (germany) it's usually paypal.com.
Also als of these sites offer a chat, where you can write with employes, you should always use that option.
Tutorials: log.txt, Giants Bilderhoster, erweiterter Texteditor, Konsole (PC)    /    Direktlink Giants Imagehoster
[PC] [Mac] [XB1] [PS4] in the thread title keeps the Forum clean / im Threadtitel hält das Forum übersichtlich
Playing on PC
pingu

Post by pingu »

Mac App Store for me. Zero issues. The whole process just works. Wouldn't buy a game anywhere else. Would never touch Steam on macOS. Everyone I know around here who tried Steam on macOS have had issues, and I think almost all of them have abandon it after a while. Maybe it works better on Windows?
<-- FS17 on an iMac 27" playing Lone Oak Farm and The Western Shore -->
IceUul

Post by IceUul »

I have bought all my games from here: deleted link
Never had any problem.
But in December i bought FS19 from one of the shop there named Gamivo (Kinguin, G2A are similar). And a week ago, just after i had played FS19 for 2 months, happy and satisfied.
My game stopped working, it was Giants key, wrote to Giants support, got answer that is key is disabled due credit card fraud. Then i wrote to Gamivo, 2 days later i got all my money refunded.
Gamivo got this key from 3rd party reseller, who had some problems. Then i went and purchased steam key, no more Giants keys!
redglasses

Post by redglasses »

Aren't some of those sites kinda sketchy?
Playing Lincoln Creek on PC
Upload your screenshots here: IMG server
My Discord
Remember there is no need to spread your manure around the forums :wink3:
Jack of all trades, master of the skid steer
gordon861

Post by gordon861 »

I've used Kinguin a fair bit and been pretty satisfied with them. I mostly use them for games that have been out a while and are still not discounted elsewhere, but if the price is close to retail/Steam (as was FS19) I will chose retail/Steam most times. The only problem I had with Kinguin was with one of my Win10 licences, it came up as a non-genuine copy after a few months but they sorted me out with a new key fairly easily.
--------------
Hey Giants, when are you going to pull your head out of your backsides and actually talk to us?
MarkSH

Post by MarkSH »

A lot of the keys there are bought by people or companies when the key is on sale and then they sell it on at a profit. One way to check if the key is liable to be legit is if it is a bit above the steam price when it was last on sale.
Other keys are those given out for review, dev, gifts etc, they are less common.
And others are just filched or crack-genkeys.

However, the OP missed one other thing: Physical copies. No need to redownload, it's all there on permanent media.

Of course I think Giants use some internet activation, and that is one reason I would not use some company's product or only do so on sale/cheap. After all, the digital download still is cheaper to supply and requires I source my own "media" (my internet connection). Along with being able to sell on a game when I'm done with it, those make up a large amount of value, even if I have only given away a dozen games and have scores more.
Isaac

Post by Isaac »

That is why I prefer to purchase it from Gamestop
EyesJoshuaMF

Post by EyesJoshuaMF »

Ive had the Disk edition for 17 and 19... absolutely zero problems with instillation for me....Much better than the days of fs2013 and fs15 where the bad internet connection meant that my directLy bought Digital Copy took forever to download! The only thing with the Disk version that may annoy some people is that you must have the disk in the drive for it to launch the game, but not a problem for me
Player since fs2013

👍Massey Ferguson
👍Valtra
Stegei
GIANTS Software | CTO

Post by Stegei »

If you want an digital version of the game, for maximum safety (and to guarantee we actually get any money from your purchase), we recommend to buy the game on the official stores (such as Farming-Simulator.com (our own store), Steam, Amazon, Origin, UPlay, etc.) and no key-resellers. The keys from key-resellers might work, but there are is also a lot of fraud happening there (things like keys bought with stolen credit cards, keys being sold to multiple people, keys stolen from retail stores, etc.) Those keys sometimes work for a few days, until the fraud is detected and the keys is no longer working, other keys just don't work from the start.
cwattyeso

Post by cwattyeso »

Yeah Stegei has said pretty much what I was going to say, that many of the Game Key Selling Sites offer keys obtained through fraudulent means and yes whilst you may initially be able to play the game, once the key has been discovered to be obtained fraudulently the key will be deactivated and blocked by the publisher/developer and you'll lose access to it. You'll also most likely lose the money you paid for the key as many of these sites will rarely refund you or re-credit you despite them claiming or offering buyer protection.

I would say definitely stick to buying directly from Giants at Farming Simulator.com or via Steam, Amazon or other reputable Games Retailer whether that be Gamestop in America or Game in the UK and whatever the equivalent to those is in mainland Europe. You then have piece of mind you are buying the genuine thing and actually have proper customer support to turn to and receive help from if you do have a problem running or activating the game.
Check out my YouTube Channel for Farming Simulator and other Gaming Let's Plays and Videos at https://www.youtube.com/c/CwattyesoGamingforFun :D

Also be sure to check out my Kick Channel for my Farming Simulator Live Streams and Multiplayer Server at https://www.kick.com/cwattyeso :gamer:

GIANTS SOFTWARE Personal Partner Code: CWATTYESO *thumbsup*
wombles

Post by wombles »

Stegei wrote: Sat Jan 04, 2020 11:25 am If you want an digital version of the game, for maximum safety (and to guarantee we actually get any money from your purchase), we recommend to buy the game on the official stores (such as Farming-Simulator.com (our own store), Steam, Amazon, Origin, UPlay, etc.) and no key-resellers. The keys from key-resellers might work, but there are is also a lot of fraud happening there (things like keys bought with stolen credit cards, keys being sold to multiple people, keys stolen from retail stores, etc.) Those keys sometimes work for a few days, until the fraud is detected and the keys is no longer working, other keys just don't work from the start.
Good advice Stegei, one question though does Giants ever have sales on newer games and DLC, any time I go too your store I never see any. To be honest I don't look that often.
Isaac

Post by Isaac »

Good advice, I usually purchase from Gamestop but whenever, I'm looking to get it online, then I purchase from G2A and I always use comparison sites like gameskeys.net to find the best prices.