Does any one no what unit of measurement the game goes by is it bushel,liter pound ect.

Jaime420

Does any one no what unit of measurement the game goes by is it bushel,liter pound ect.

Post by Jaime420 »

What measurement does fs 19 go by
Like in the combine what do i call the my harvest i get 30,000 barly is it bushels,pounds,ect of barly what is it
blue_painted

Re: Does any one no what unit of measurement the game goes by is it bushel,liter pound ect.

Post by blue_painted »

Litres.
Playing new "Beest" Intel i7-11700F with GeForce GTX 3060 and XBOX controller
also £600 laptop - AMD Ryzen 5600H with GeForce GTX 3050 XBOX controller

Dairydeere's A Guide to Finding Farming Simulator Mods - Please give this a read and help spread awareness for respectful mod downloads
Tomazius96

Re: Does any one no what unit of measurement the game goes by is it bushel,liter pound ect.

Post by Tomazius96 »

I think its litres.

But I would prefer if would be:
- KG or T; for grain, solid fert, kalk, etc.
- m3; for silage and woodchips and wood
- litres; for anything liquid

Thats just my personal preference. For ex. US players would prefer other units.
DevilkidHUN

Post by DevilkidHUN »

Tomazius96 wrote: Fri Feb 15, 2019 10:29 am I think its litres.

But I would prefer if would be:
- KG or T; for grain, solid fert, kalk, etc.
- m3; for silage and woodchips and wood
- litres; for anything liquid

Thats just my personal preference. For ex. US players would prefer other units.
It's in liters because evrything has a different weight and size. It would be simply too complicated. Someone from Giants already explained more deeply why is it like this, but i have no idea who, when and where, so don't ask for a source.
Xbox 1 Felsbrunn If I make any mistake,
please correct me:)
bader420

Post by bader420 »

It should be bushels and nothing else
iwan073

Post by iwan073 »

I don’t no and I don’t yes
Ignorance is bliss
crash

Post by crash »

Thats why i loved the unit convert mod, you could set everything to what you contry uses. like kg/hectar yeald, tonns when selling grain, milk etc. And you could even change the HL wheight(wheight per 100 liters), like wheat is around 79kg/100liters. Oats 53kg/100liters
Xbox series s and pc :gamer:
In Norway
DevilkidHUN

Post by DevilkidHUN »

bader420 wrote: Fri Feb 15, 2019 4:39 pm It should be bushels and nothing else
Why though?
Xbox 1 Felsbrunn If I make any mistake,
please correct me:)
Jaime420

Post by Jaime420 »

Thx for cleaning that up but what Does the sellPoint go by liters or what do they go buy

So i sell barly at the grain mill for 1.324$
What is do i get 1.324 $per liter or per so many liters or what
theSeb

Post by theSeb »

Right. Because that's what we use all over the world. :lol:
theSeb

Post by theSeb »

Jaime420 wrote: Sat Feb 16, 2019 10:02 am Thx for cleaning that up but what Does the sellPoint go by liters or what do they go buy

So i sell barly at the grain mill for 1.324$
What is do i get 1.324 $per liter or per so many liters or what
The sell prices that you see are per 1000 litres.
Alexandro

Post by Alexandro »

I'm European and I've never heard of bushels until I saw videos on YouTube from Millenial Farmer in Minnesota. :biggrin2:
MarkSH

Post by MarkSH »

A bushel of wheat weighs differently to a bushel of barley. Millet even more so.

Because bushel is a measure of VOLUME. As is barrel. As is liter. So your assertion that liters are for liquids is 100% incorrect. PINTS is a liquid measure, not volume, so if it were imperial measures, then you'd be right (or, equally, gallons). However, liter is 1000cubic cm. If it is water, that's around 0.97kg. If it were mercury, then that would be around 13kg.

So if you wanted it in tons, what is the density of wheat? Straw?

Moreover your trailer has a limit of how much volume it contains. That would be liters again. It also has a limit on weight too. So if you wanted what you claimed you wanted, you'd need to know the carry capacity in both volume and weight. And you'd need to know what container you'd need for straw, which may well be different from that for wheat or canola because straw is a lot less compact, so your 31000l trailer only carries 21000l when it's straw.

Moreover, for wheat, you still need to grind it. So for the customer they need to know how much product they can use. Which is part of why volume is more useful than weight. After all, that kilo of flour you bought may come from 1.7kg of wheat that took a volume of 2.8l but they added 60g of chalk to whiten it and add calcium. So which did you sell them? liters, kilos?

And what figure do you want to know? How many kilos can your trailer hold? Because that changes based on the product going in,whilst the volume does not.

Invariant figures are easier to document. The price per volume is low for straw because it does not pack well, but at least you know how much you will get into a trailer before you load it up and weigh it...
FarmerJeff

Post by FarmerJeff »

A barley price of 1324 is $1.324 per liter (pound, euro). If you sell 10,000 liters of barley at that price you’ll receive $13,240. A straw price of 60 is 6 cents per liter, or $240 for a 4,000 liter bale.